Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order date 8/16 M3LR, red, black interior, 18” aeros, no FSD. Original delivery was estimated to be in November. Just checked my account and the EDD is now 9/17-9/30. I hope the dates hold but it’s putting pressure on me to sell my 2019 Model 3 SR+ quicker than I anticipated.
Ordered M3LR on 8/7 and my edd is 9/14-9/30 and no change either. hope it doesn't get pushed further out.

After a seemingly never ending 3 months, today was the day! My friend (his M3P in the back) and I thoroughly inspected everything and it’s basically perfect. I’m going to have the rear door handles adjusted, but otherwise very happy with how it turned out.

Definitely worth the wait! 🙂

Attachments

• 50393BB0-DF0F-4A05-BB89-652A513EAC46.jpeg
    50393BB0-DF0F-4A05-BB89-652A513EAC46.jpeg
    373.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 7446EE39-1C61-4593-9043-48E4E85BC5D3.jpeg
    7446EE39-1C61-4593-9043-48E4E85BC5D3.jpeg
    482.4 KB · Views: 74
Looks like you and I ordered at the same time (8/9 for me), same for my EDD (9/16-9/30). Either we're going to make it before the end of the quarter, or we'll see the date slip to Oct+. Crossing fingers!
I've been sitting on 9/5-9/25 since I ordered on 8/12. I'm on the east coast though. If they push it to October I will definitely make sure I get a 2022 model.

Reactions: firewa11
when you take delivery at your house, how do you do inspection of the car? Is a tesla rep there to walk through things or are you ok to just take pictures of issues and bring it to service center if needed?

I plan on taking a trip within a week of getting the car so I will be over 500 miles by then.

when you take delivery at your house, how do you do inspection of the car? Is a tesla rep there to walk through things or are you ok to just take pictures of issues and bring it to service center if needed?

I plan on taking a trip within a week of getting the car so I will be over 500 miles by then.
Even at the service center delivery today they came over and told me to accept delivery on the site, log out and back into the Tesla app, said congratulations, and walked off. They were there if I had questions or issues but otherwise it was a pretty unceremonious experience 😂

• Funny
Reactions: firewa11
Got a call/text and email that the car is ready now (inspected and ready) as opposed to the scheduled pick up time of next week Monday. After emailing the ops mgr at the location, I'm going to pick it up tomorrow morning. Pickup location is a little over 2 hours away, so the ride back is definitely something I'm looking forward to. Almost 2 months to the day with an order on 6/28

Same here. My date range shrank from 16 to 12 days on Saturday, but hasn't moved since.
There are probably so many moving parts to filling orders throughout the country that we don't see which would explain the inconsistent experiences. My EDD has been 9/1 - 9/7 last couple days. I called support today and they said my M3 is scheduled to arrive [to the SC] on 9/2, which is probably why I haven't received my text to schedule delivery yet. Seems sometimes you get the text shortly after being assigned a VIN and other times you wait for weeks.

Reactions: Giavid and tleubner
There are probably so many moving parts to filling orders throughout the country that we don't see which would explain the inconsistent experiences. My EDD has been 9/1 - 9/7 last couple days. I called support today and they said my M3 is scheduled to arrive [to the SC] on 9/2, which is probably why I haven't received my text to schedule delivery yet. Seems sometimes you get the text shortly after being assigned a VIN and other times you wait for weeks.

I don't have a VIN yet. Been trying to stay patient while I watch my EDDs creep closer. Every time I've been able to talk to someone, all they will tell me is to watch my info on the website.

Hi all! Been following since I finalized my order 7/6. Received my VIN on Wednesday 8/18, but have yet to see a text to schedule delivery. How long did you wait? Ordered online so do not have a SA.

M3LR white/black

Estimated Delivery: August 28 - September 03​

Received my delivery text/email today. Scheduled for September 6th at ATL-Decatur 😁

Got a call/text and email that the car is ready now (inspected and ready) as opposed to the scheduled pick up time of next week Monday. After emailing the ops mgr at the location, I'm going to pick it up tomorrow morning. Pickup location is a little over 2 hours away, so the ride back is definitely something I'm looking forward to. Almost 2 months to the day with an order on 6/28
I ordered 2 days later, probably built in the same production line, but it takes another 2-3 weeks to ship to Hawaii. Also, I think they just batch all the orders of all the models into one large shipment. Then everyone takes delivery at the same time I assume. Seems like delivery comes in monthly waves.

Reactions: FrozenExplorer
well got everything all worked out, now I wait for two more weeks to pickup, hoping for an earlier delivery but right now system say gets to Nashville on 5 Sep, so scheduled for an 8 Sep pickup after all of the prep and inspections. I think this will surely be the longest two weeks ever. The good thing is the SA has been super communicative and I even got a call from Tesla's mainline to ask if I had any questions.

since I'm getting close, have a VIN, where does everyone end up getting the best price for their car?

I decided to not do the Tesla trade in as their offer was lower than a quick shop around.

Carmax seems to be the highest at about 14k(not bad) from what I have seen, and for some reason, Vroom offered me $3600 which was ridiculous. I don't understand how their offer was so low.
I sold my 2021 M3 SR on Craigslist in a day.. ad was $5