Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How much time do you typically have between getting the VIN and seeing a delivery date? OD 11/27 EDD 1/7-2/9 MSM LR Black 18” No FSD Want to make sure I have enough time to move purchase funds around. Thanks.
It depends on where you are, those in the Bay Area, being closer to the factory, In my experience it was about 2 days from being assigned a VIN and delivery. It seemed similar windows for others nearby me.

Those on the west coast outside of the bay I’d guess maybe an extra day to few days to handle shipment from the Bay Area to your local dealer and they may be more aggressive/tight with delivery windows as you near the end of the quarter/year.

My EDD has stayed the same ever since I ordered my car and hasn't changed once. It sucks that for those of you that put your orders on hold that you were put to the back of the line possibly, but it does seem fair since you put it on hold.
I don't put too much stock in what the initial EDD shows right after taking the hold off. After all, my original EDD when I ordered back in November was February 2022 and then a week later moved all the way up to December 2021. I'm fine with waiting until March anyway, but I expect that date to move around in the coming weeks anyway.

Reactions: Paul4343
-Config: White LR AWD w/ 19inch sport wheels & Black interior - No FSD
-OD: October 6th 2021
-Initial Delivery Date: November 15th-Dec 15th
-New Delivery Date: Changed to December 1st - December 30th
-December 8th I was assigned a Vin, put it on hold until Jan 1st 2021 - Vin released
-December 20th Un-held it early hoping delivery wouldn't be until Jan 2021 - Ended getting a Vin assigned the very next day December 21st, delivery was available for Dec 27th-29th. Called Tesla on December 22nd to try to push out delivery by a week, but had to put order again until Jan 2nd.
-December 30th, order was automatically unheld, delivery date has been TBD ever since. Hoping it gets updated tomorrow for sometime this month. Willing to wait a few weeks if I can land a AMD Ryzen Processor.

Folks, don't worry about the initially EDD after hold is taken off. My hold was taken off hold near end of 2021 and it showed Feb - March Delivery. Two days later, it's showing Jan 11 - Jan 25th. We still hold our place in line.
I was told by the Tesla lady on the phone that you keep our place in line. Now how much that is true, I do not know. But I don't see any reason why their computer algorithms couldn't be written that way.

Looks like we keep our place in line after the hold, here is my update:

M3LR White/Black 18” Aero (Raleigh, NC)
OD: Oct 23
EDD #1: Nov 21 - Dec 23 (updated on Oct 24)
Put a hold until Dec 31 on Nov 1 (never had a VIN assigned)
Hold ended automatically on Dec 28
EDD #2: TBD (updated on Dec 28)
EDD #3: March 11 - March 31 (updated on Jan 1)
EDD #4: Jan 21 - Feb 4 (updated on Jan 2)

Last edited:
Reactions: FelixORiley
Not sure on the whole 'keep your place in line' but maybe there is truth to it. From what I can tell East coast tends to get vehicles in the 1st month of a new quarter, followed by the Midwest region, then finally the West cost at the end, but I really have only been following since November.

M3LR / Blue / Black / 18" / No FSD
OD 10/30/2021
1st VIN Posted 12/21/2021
Received Schedule Delivery Text on 12/21/2021
Released VIN and placed delivery hold on 12/23/2021
Released hold on 1/1/2022
1/2/2022: EDD 1/13/2022 to 2/10/2022

I have got Primacy MXM4 tires with model 3 long range AWD this week. Are these TYRES good for Lake Tahoe without chains?
They are only okay for all seasons. The car has lots of weight and good AWD so you can get decent traction but braking is not great. You could get by but I would really recommend a set of snows for there especially considering how much snow the Sierras have been getting so far this year. Pony up and get a set of snows, they'll last many seasons and be so much safer.

Reactions: rams1981