Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wow I'm continuously shocked by tesla, ordered the exact same specs as you on 10/10 and have a later delivery date still. Granted I'm new york instead of new jersey but still crazy how a 2 month order difference can have the same EDD
Tesla's logistics are a complete mystery. I had a friend in southern California order a couple of months ahead of me, I then ordered the exact same specs including model, color and options up in northern California. I proceeded to get a VIN and scheduled delivery over a month before his despite him ordering way before me.

White on White 18in Wheels M3LR
OD- 12/14/21
Original EDD Feb 1- March 1
EDD Jan 4- Feb 1
Still no Vin or update in EDD
Los Angeles

Trying to plan travel for this month but also don't want to miss delivery. I find it weird that my EDD hasnt updated as its clearly not coming today. Any insight is helpful. Im sure its all a hurry up and wait game.

Reactions: An Introvert
White on White 18in Wheels M3LR
OD- 12/14/21
Original EDD Feb 1- March 1
EDD Jan 4- Feb 1
Still no Vin or update in EDD
Los Angeles

Trying to plan travel for this month but also don't want to miss delivery. I find it weird that my EDD hasnt updated as its clearly not coming today. Any insight is helpful. Im sure its all a hurry up and wait game.
I had the whole first date of delivery and still no vin occur a few times on my last order. As far as I know its pretty common. It should correct itself tomorrow when it hits the 5th. If over the next couple of days they keep your window without extending the end date, a VIN is pretty likely. But its also not uncommon for them to just re-assign a completely new window to you a few more weeks out.

• Informative
Hate to break it to everyone here, but I wouldn't bank on any bill passing. Sounds like we're gridlocked till midterms

Joe Manchin said today: “The climate thing is one that we can probably come to an agreement much easier than anything else.”

Investment in clean-energy initiatives, including the EV tax credits, would be part of "the climate thing." So Manchin himself seems to think there's a good chance they could pass something with the credits.

OD: 11/16/2021
Placed hold: 11/25/2021
Released hold: 12/8/2021
EDD #1: 2/8 - 3/10
EDD #2: 1/14 - 2/11
Im about 10 days out from the beginning of that one week period and im trying to figure out timing for selling my current car and other steps; for everyone, how close have you gotten to a four week EDD before it changed?
Got a couple days into a 4-week EDD before it got pushed back.

Took off my hold since I finally got my title from Audi after paying off my lease. Now to wait and see when I get an EDD. Still says TBD now.

Original order was 11/11 and had delivery appointment of 12/18. Then found out that Audi gives 3rd party dealers a "market value" payoff on leases. So had to pay off myself to save $13k.

Hey folks, long-time listener, first-time caller here with a few observations that might add some clarity (or not) to what's going on currently with EDD windows and orders. I'm piecing together a few phone calls with my service center, as well as observations watching the account website. Like many of you active recently, I was a mid-November order who tried to push to '22 when I started getting delivery windows (and a VIN) in early December. Still in the waiting game.

First off, how the holds actually come off is not super transparent. My advisor might have tipped his hand a little when he told me that the hold actually comes off the day before you tell Tesla you are ready to accept delivery. Where we get fooled a little is the account changes two days out and begins to display pre-delivery tasks and such. I was seeing "TBD" in my delivery estimate, so I called and got that little tidbit. I'd assume the "TBD" is the Tesla order management system seeing the account come back online, but because it can't yet assign a place in line it just defaults to "TBD." At least that's what I would tell my system to do. If I was a data guy.

This is pure observation and conjecture on the next bit. Once the account comes fully active, it appears to initially place the order wherever it fell in the queue at that moment, regardless of the initial order date. This "new" order is given a one-month window consistent with the front-facing estimates on the new order configurator, and set as the default window (four weeks). This is what most of us were seeing the past few days because...

From a service rep, the end-of-year sprint wiped out a lot of the inventory, and the system was not fully up-to-date following the sprint. Mainly because they were not open on the 1st or 2nd of January. (Side bar: If you are reading this Elon, a tip of the cap. Not many of us saw that clever play coming. Well done forcing deliveries into 2021). The system that manages inventory did not begin catching up until sometime last night (3/4 JAN). It appears that it conducts a major update every 24 hours in the middle of the night, with periodic updates forced through based on conditions in the inventory system. Because of the major sprint, and closure of the delivery centers, it looks like Tesla probably reduced bandwidth/update cycles until the delivery teams returned to work and they could verify inventory and deliveries on the 3rd. As a result of this, my month-long EDD shifted left to 28 JAN - 26 FEB (full month exactly).

Guess is that we'll all continue to see the system adjust itself for the next day or two as it rectifies discrepancies between what's available and where all of our places in line should be based on original order dates. We should begin to see a narrowing of EDD windows, and as a consequence of the update, the "available inventory" sections of the website should also update soon.

At least, maybe....or I'm totally wrong and stuck driving my beater for another month...

Hey folks, long-time listener, first-time caller here with a few observations that might add some clarity (or not) to what's going on currently with EDD windows and orders. I'm piecing together a few phone calls with my service center, as well as observations watching the account website. Like many of you active recently, I was a mid-November order who tried to push to '22 when I started getting delivery windows (and a VIN) in early December. Still in the waiting game.

First off, how the holds actually come off is not super transparent. My advisor might have tipped his hand a little when he told me that the hold actually comes off the day before you tell Tesla you are ready to accept delivery. Where we get fooled a little is the account changes two days out and begins to display pre-delivery tasks and such. I was seeing "TBD" in my delivery estimate, so I called and got that little tidbit. I'd assume the "TBD" is the Tesla order management system seeing the account come back online, but because it can't yet assign a place in line it just defaults to "TBD." At least that's what I would tell my system to do. If I was a data guy.

This is pure observation and conjecture on the next bit. Once the account comes fully active, it appears to initially place the order wherever it fell in the queue at that moment, regardless of the initial order date. This "new" order is given a one-month window consistent with the front-facing estimates on the new order configurator, and set as the default window (four weeks). This is what most of us were seeing the past few days because...

From a service rep, the end-of-year sprint wiped out a lot of the inventory, and the system was not fully up-to-date following the sprint. Mainly because they were not open on the 1st or 2nd of January. (Side bar: If you are reading this Elon, a tip of the cap. Not many of us saw that clever play coming. Well done forcing deliveries into 2021). The system that manages inventory did not begin catching up until sometime last night (3/4 JAN). It appears that it conducts a major update every 24 hours in the middle of the night, with periodic updates forced through based on conditions in the inventory system. Because of the major sprint, and closure of the delivery centers, it looks like Tesla probably reduced bandwidth/update cycles until the delivery teams returned to work and they could verify inventory and deliveries on the 3rd. As a result of this, my month-long EDD shifted left to 28 JAN - 26 FEB (full month exactly).

Guess is that we'll all continue to see the system adjust itself for the next day or two as it rectifies discrepancies between what's available and where all of our places in line should be based on original order dates. We should begin to see a narrowing of EDD windows, and as a consequence of the update, the "available inventory" sections of the website should also update soon.

At least, maybe....or I'm totally wrong and stuck driving my beater for another month...
I see you're in NC, too. A friend of mine in NC is having an EDD of Jan 21 - Feb 21. Mine is Jan 21 - Feb 4. I assume we can expect some shipments to NC at the end of this month.

Hey gang, does anyone have the URL to the order tracker spreadsheet handy?

M3LR/Blue/Black/Sports wheels/No FSD
Long Island, NY is where I will take delivery.
OOD: 11/21/2021
EDD 1: Dec 20-31
Got VIN a and told to choose delivery date a week after this. Delivery dates were scheduled from Dec 20-22
Put car on hold for hope of BBB.
Released hold: Dec 20
EDD 2: February 20-March 20
EDD 3: January 10-February 16
It’s been like this for the past week or so.

wow I'm continuously shocked by tesla, ordered the exact same specs as you on 10/10 and have a later delivery date still. Granted I'm new york instead of new jersey but still crazy how a 2 month order difference can have the same EDD

I have the same specs as well (M3LR, blue/black/18"), ordered July 30th and have a current EDD of Jan 26 - Feb 23. I'm near Indianapolis for reference. November was my original EDD and it even moved up as far as September at one point. I told my SA in October that I would like to delay until January and she said we would just un-match me if I got assigned a VIN (which hasn't happened), so I don't think my order has been put on hold or anything. At this point I'm just hoping it doesn't get pushed out yet again.

I have the same specs as well (M3LR, blue/black/18"), ordered July 30th and have a current EDD of Jan 26 - Feb 23. I'm near Indianapolis for reference. November was my original EDD and it even moved up as far as September at one point. I told my SA in October that I would like to delay until January and she said we would just un-match me if I got assigned a VIN (which hasn't happened), so I don't think my order has been put on hold or anything. At this point I'm just hoping it doesn't get pushed out yet again.
So in the app, at no point did you see that your order was on hold? If yes, then an EDD of Jan 26 - Feb 23 is indeed a very long wait for an order date of July 30

I see you're in NC, too. A friend of mine in NC is having an EDD of Jan 21 - Feb 21. Mine is Jan 21 - Feb 4. I assume we can expect some shipments to NC at the end of this month.
I'm also in NC/SC (Charlotte Area) - my EDD is Jan 13-Jan 27. LR White/black/no FSD/Aeros. I expect month 1 of the qrt shipments in the east coast gets fullfilled first, then middle of country in month 2, then west coast in month 3. I am just speculating though.

Sounds like your SA must've un matched a vin without you knowing or put a hold on the account that you didn't see because that seems like an impossibly long wait, getting through 2 full quarters without anything. The longest I've seen wait without a hold was a little over 4 months from august to December.