Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I called and SA was able to say my VIN did not have the new Ryzen chip, 158xxxVIN. No I need to decide if it's worth unmatching and waiting what he thought would likely be another month although he said they don't have any real way to determine wait time. For what it's worth he had only seen one 3 come with Ryzen in Denver area so far. Also he had heard about range decrease with new chip but they hadn't been told anything about that for US deliveries.

Ordered SoCal: 11/26/2021 - LR/MSM/Black/Aero no FSD

11/26: 1st EDD: 1/21 - 2/18
12/4: 2nd EDD: 12/31 - 1/28
1/1: 3rd EDD: 1/9 - 2/6
1/10: 4th EDD: 1/20 - 2/17
1/21: 5th EDD: 1/26 - 2/23

Hope I'll get a 2 week window soon like other west coast folks
Same config, ordered 10 days before (in FL, changed to SoCal) - EDD is exactly one day off from yours. Fingers crossed for next week.

Reactions: alasdairob
Well I called and SA was able to say my VIN did not have the new Ryzen chip, 158xxxVIN. No I need to decide if it's worth unmatching and waiting what he thought would likely be another month although he said they don't have any real way to determine wait time. For what it's worth he had only seen one 3 come with Ryzen in Denver area so far. Also he had heard about range decrease with new chip but they hadn't been told anything about that for US deliveries.
My VIN was 158xxx as well and what triggered me to reject my VIN is that I saw 161xxx VIN's apparently getting the Ryzen. In my situation I am in no rush, so no issue in delaying though this forum is and will be consuming a lot of my spare time until I take delivery :)

I'm undecided as well. I think if we refuse delivery, we'll probably be re-assigned a VIN which was also rejected due to the Intel chip. I can't imagine getting out of Intel unless we cancel completely. Cancelling completely would cost me $1250 (price went up $1k). I think replacing the Intel with AMD as a retrofit, if ever possible, would cost more than $1250. Definitely a hard decision.
I'm in the same boat as you. Canceling costs me $1250 and I figured I would get assigned an Intel again. I don't remember there being an issue with the Intel chip on the test drive or any of my friend's cars. So I'm planning on accepting my car instead of playing the switching game.

Coming from someone who has an Intel chip in my 2021 M3 LR, it really isn't bad. Netflix and YouTube TV are slow to load and respond to inputs, but there are no apparent issues with the cameras or maps or anything. Some have said the Netflix and YouTube TV slowness isn't bc of the chip and is bc of Tesla's software also.

But I think the moral of the story here for some folks is why accept an old chip when there is a new chip available? It helps "future proof" the car more for 5 years down the road. At least in theory...

I was told by Tesla SA if I had an order, I can apply the original deposit to the existing inventory order if I found one.
Well I found one, and they said they couldn’t do that.. So now I have two orders.. If the value still holds/break even, I’ll just sell my existing 2021 Model 3 and go for the 2022 Model 3. I intended only to have two vehicles not three.

Custom Order
Red Model 3 LR, Black Seats, 18” Wheels, No FSD

OD: Monday, January 17, 2022

Update on 01/19/2022 - Est. Delivery March 3 - March 31

—
Existing New Inventory Order
Red Model 3 LR, White Seats, 18” Wheels, No FSD - Ordered as Existing Inventory on Tuesday, January 18, 2022

VIN: 5YJ3E1EB3NF154774 - Build Date Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - No AMD and no new battery (scheduled for delivery 1/22 late afternoon).

Rejected on 1/21, changed configuration to White Ext, Black Int, 18” Wheels, No FSD

Update on 1/21/2022 - Est. Delivery February 1 - 5