Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD yesterday 3/16 so it's good to see you have your EDD already. Im in California too.
M3LR, White/Black, 18" no FSD

Was waiting to order later for birthday gift to myself and just started doing research on my model. Also would have loved to order some extra customizations, but after that 4,000+ increase, decided not too wait.... I'll take what I can get.
I cringed, but couldn't wait anymore. Inflation nightmare!
Your other self will be impressed that you spent $4000 more on their gift ;-)

OD: Feb 19, 2022
1st EDD: May
2nd EDD: March 28-April 26
3rd EDD: March 14 - March 28
Current EDD: March 17 - March 29
No VIN yet

Los Angeles, CA
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
19’’ Sport Wheels
Black Interior
No FSD
New EDD today is May 2- June 6 :/ wondering if I was in a batch of MSM and didnt get assigned a VIN, so I'm in the next run now
Also I can confirm the EDD's update at 5am PST

I graduated from this thread yesterday. I would like to share some tips along, hope this would help whoever needs.
  • if you find the SA that helped you in the beginning can't help you or being slow to response, call the customer support number - (888) 518-3752, it will ask your zip code and I think it will route to your local sale/support center.
  • Not all the agent from the support center knows every little thing, don't be shame to call another time, it is for your good to chase them.
  • if you want a car badly, call them - someone there can make magic(especially if you are in bay area) - I talked to a guy that also took delivery yesterday, he got his blue M3 in a week after ordering. I did call couple times to talk to a guy who can prioritize my order and I got my vin next day.
  • MPVA is important for the loan, if you get your VIN and MPVA is not shown in your document, call the help center - I called 3 times to find a knowledgable lady that finally solve my problem within 5 mins.
  • DCU loan process is smooth, but you should prepare it ahead of time(becoming member and apply the loan). And it will take a long time(~ 2 hours) to wait to speak with the loan officer to finalize the loan. And you should upload all the docs that they need before speaking to to them. Well, I got 1.24% rate!
Hope this help, still being excited and exploring all the features of the car. Hope everyone get their VIN soon. Happy Friday!

Was at a conference in Anaheim this week. It was killing me watching so many Teslas drive by while waiting for mine.

OD 2/4 delivery in NY with full FSD. So far the FSD hasn’t been an advantage. Current EDD 4/28-5-31
That's pretty brutal given that we ordered the same day. The different treatment probably stems from the number of cars being purchased in our respective areas (there are a LOT of Teslas around here). Here's hoping that you'll see yours at the end of April if not sooner. Waiting while also not having the assurance of a specific date is the worst.

Reactions: NewEnglandCld
That's pretty brutal given that we ordered the same day. The different treatment probably stems from the number of cars being purchased in our respective areas (there are a LOT of Teslas around here). Here's hoping that you'll see yours at the end of April if not sooner. Waiting while also not having the assurance of a specific date is the worst.
I would take delivery in DC if they let me. I don’t know if that’s a possibility to change delivery location, especially outside the state it needs to be registered in.

I would take delivery in DC if they let me. I don’t know if that’s a possibility to change delivery location, especially outside the state it needs to be registered in.
I am picking up in Ohio even though it will be registered in Kentucky. I don't know if they make you take delivery in the state you live in if there are delivery centers there. That would be interesting to find out.

I just asked them. NY state requires that I pick up in my own state. Oh well.
Just ask them if you can get a faster delivery by changing your vehicle destination. It may not actually make any difference, but if it does, I'm sure there are places in your state that are seeing more deliveries than Buffalo. There's that whole New York City thing down east of you. It's only a 6 hour drive. Each way.