Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, to be fair, I have bought several cars from ordinary dealers and commission or not, salespeople have never had any product knowledge and as for customer satisfaction? Really? Dealers? Never saw that ever. And I can flat out guarantee regular dealers would have ZERO knowledge of any part of a car being included or not. I mean come on!
I think anyone with a ‘satisfactory’ experience with a salesman at a car dealership is the exception. I worked at a car dealership before and it’s rare to find people who will work long hours with irregular pay and do more than sit around. In my buying experience, the vast majority of salespeople don’t know much about the products they sell.
As to knowing the ordering system, my wife went to a Lincoln ‘Black Label’ dealership in November of 21 and placed an order for a Corsair GT fully loaded. It’s now June and neither the Lincoln Concierge or the dealership has any info on our order. When the Ford district rep came into town and investigated the status of our order, the best he could determine is ’waiting to be scheduled’. We have no idea what’s going on and it’s been 7 months.
No EDD’s, no status updates, nothing. We’re waiting for an email letting us know when it will be built. Once it’s built, there is no mechanism to track it’s location during shipment. The dealership will notify us when it comes in.
I have been waiting for my M3 since 2/27 and at least I can see some type of status that changes from time to time. This is much better (to me) than what my wife is going through. I know many hate the order status system Tesla has but it’s better than Lincoln (Ford).

I understand that the Tesla buying experience is better in a lot of ways from buying other brands. There is no pressure, no price haggle. But in the same breath, I would like my rep to be knowledgeable and in the loop with what is going on. If I went to get a BMW or other luxury vehicle, I would expect the sales associate to be educated on the brand and be able to answer questions
Not even the dealers, but the companies would be more transparent about chip/parts shortages and actually offer a credit for the missing feature. Instead of just silently dropping things and hoping people won’t notice.

Is there an official list from tesla of all the included features of the cars? They can probably get away with adding/removing/substituting whatever they want if there isn’t an actual list of things.
Apart of big items I only learn about small things and features from youtube and forums.

EDD had been holding steady for 3 weeks now. Hoping the headlights thing isn’t going to be a thing when my car arrives. Would hate to reject.

Is there an official list from tesla of all the included features of the cars? They can probably get away with adding/removing/substituting whatever they want if there isn’t an actual list of things.
Apart of big items I only learn about small things and features from youtube and forums.

EDD had been holding steady for 3 weeks now. Hoping the headlights thing isn’t going to be a thing when my car arrives. Would hate to reject.
There is a clause in the agreement that says they can.

Reactions: Mohammadm
There is a clause in the agreement that says they can.
yikes, I didn’t see that.. I would assume if its something major they are not including now they would have to declare it.. This is my first Tesla I’m buying and it seems like I’m learning new things daily.. I’m sure hoping nothing is excluded from my car not sure I can decline delivery unless its like missing a door 🤣

yikes, I didn’t see that.. I would assume if its something major they are not including now they would have to declare it.. This is my first Tesla I’m buying and it seems like I’m learning new things daily.. I’m sure hoping nothing is excluded from my car not sure I can decline delivery unless its like missing a door 🤣
Well, many are missing the charge port ecu and I think I would rather go without a door than not be able to charge the car. 😀

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: bugnotfound
Just found out - my car was built on April 20. Hope it still has the matrix headlights. Will let you know (hopefully soon).
OD 2/20, Oakvile, Ontario. EDD: May 3 - 7. Apparently it is now in Buffalo on its way to Toronto (Oakville).
You can call Tesla and they can tell you if it has the lights or not. At least that's what they told me this morning when they said I needed a VIN for them to tell me that info.

Ahh! Probably a mistake!! My app now shows EDD: April 30 - May 4. (it was May 9-13 with VIN in source code). Today is 30th! I haven't signed the agreement and the App still doesn't show the VIN (only on the website's source code).
Hello!

My OD was 3/23.

Presently, I’m at 6/15 -7/20 for EDD. I hope your feeling rings true.

Standing by in Northern Virginia, outside DC. Pick up Tysons Corner.

M3, LR, MSM, black int, 18”, no FSD
How are March OD's doing? I'm at 6/7-7/12 EDD but I have a feeling that we may be getting our VINs mid May
My Od is 3/26 and Edd is June 16 - July 21 (current)

I'm San Diego, OD 03/05, but still June 2 - July 7.

I have a trade in offer which I have not 'accepted' (as I'm likely to check elsewhere)--does that slow down delivery?
No it doesn't slow down delivery - its stops it. :)
Accept it now or remove it, because Tesla can't send you the final MVPA to sign unless they know the final price they're charging you, minus any trade-in or credits.
Yes I am aware of that, but I’m saying if there isn’t a list of things then we can’t claim anything is missing anyway.
I feel like that would fall under "Tesla PR/advertisement", which of course the budget for that is $0.
I think anyone with a ‘satisfactory’ experience with a salesman at a car dealership is the exception. I worked at a car dealership before and it’s rare to find people who will work long hours with irregular pay and do more than sit around. In my buying experience, the vast majority of salespeople don’t know much about the products they sell.
As to knowing the ordering system, my wife went to a Lincoln ‘Black Label’ dealership in November of 21 and placed an order for a Corsair GT fully loaded. It’s now June and neither the Lincoln Concierge or the dealership has any info on our order. When the Ford district rep came into town and investigated the status of our order, the best he could determine is ’waiting to be scheduled’. We have no idea what’s going on and it’s been 7 months.
No EDD’s, no status updates, nothing. We’re waiting for an email letting us know when it will be built. Once it’s built, there is no mechanism to track it’s location during shipment. The dealership will notify us when it comes in.
I have been waiting for my M3 since 2/27 and at least I can see some type of status that changes from time to time. This is much better (to me) than what my wife is going through. I know many hate the order status system Tesla has but it’s better than Lincoln (Ford).
100% agree and had a similar experience with Toyota.

I had my SA send me a message Friday to complete my financing saying I’m less than 60 days out from taking delivery but I’m nervous seeing dates get pushed also seeing February order dates still saying June or better. Don’t want to have the 60 day expire and take a hit on the credit because they have to a second hard pull..

I had my SA send me a message Friday to complete my financing saying I’m less than 60 days out from taking delivery but I’m nervous seeing dates get pushed also seeing February order dates still saying June or better. Don’t want to have the 60 day expire and take a hit on the credit because they have to a second hard pull..
Change it to cash until you get a vin or delivery window.

You can call Tesla and they can tell you if it has the lights or not. At least that's what they told me this morning when they said I needed a VIN for them to tell me that info.
I’ve been hesitant to ask. Worst case scenario, it has the old headlights. What would I be able to do about it? Reject the delivery? No way…If it has some defects (not major!), I am still going to accept it anyways. I simply cannot afford to wait any longer, I have sold my trade-in car…

Reactions: rightdealer