Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting issue. Need advice from people who have driven Teslas, and perhaps those a little older.
I have delivery arranged for this Tuesday. Dropped in to the sales centre today and, for the first time, sat in a model 3. Now, I normally wear reading glasses when on a computer but I can't wear reading glasses to drive a car. It did not occur to me that I will be driving a computer, rather than a car. Anyone else have to deal with this? Looking for strategies. Thanks in advance.
You can use a lot of voice commands while driving, use reading glasses while parked.

You can use a lot of voice commands while driving, use reading glasses while parked.

Interesting issue. Need advice from people who have driven Teslas, and perhaps those a little older.
I have delivery arranged for this Tuesday. Dropped in to the sales centre today and, for the first time, sat in a model 3. Now, I normally wear reading glasses when on a computer but I can't wear reading glasses to drive a car. It did not occur to me that I will be driving a computer, rather than a car. Anyone else have to deal with this? Looking for strategies. Thanks in advance.
you can perhaps try if progressive lenses work for you. you can see in distance as well as near by. they work for me fairly well

My experience has been texting the SA is very sporadic. Usually, its a response to a phone call but never from a message I sent.
Ah. I’ve tried the phone call a few times but don’t have the patience/end up forgetting about the call back. I’m now one week away from the delivery date so just going to ride out next week. 4 days for you right?

Edit: Disregard, read previous post. Home stretch!

OD: 3/29
DD: 6/11 (tomorrow! home delivery!)
VIN: 277
Delivery: Los Angeles, CA
SA confirmed all the goodies are present: AMD/Ryzen chip, double pane windows on the front, matrix lights.
Not sure about the tires. Will see tomorrow.
Very excited, even though this is not my first Tesla!
Wait are these things not guaranteed on every vehicle? If not, what happens if you decline your assigned vehicle because they're missing one? Will they cancel your oder?

Reading contact in one eye works great

I ordered my LR on 3/12 and was notified I had a VIN at the end of May, then got a text my car had shipped on 6/1 to my SC here in Tampa. Right now I have a window of 6/13-6/19. My VIN is 264xxx, which in reading others from a similar time-frame seems much lower. What could that be?

I also have not heard from a SR even though my EDD window opens up on Monday. How soon before you pick up do you hear from someone??

Shipping to east coast takes longer so production for them starts earlier. Your car was probably produced a little bit before the time you got the VIN. And VINs aren't exactly numerically incremental, it's only roughly so. 264xxx seems reasonable for that time period. They're making probably 6000 per week.

I got 273xxx on June 06.

progressive bifocals

Wait are these things not guaranteed on every vehicle? If not, what happens if you decline your assigned vehicle because they're missing one? Will they cancel your oder?
Oh, man. Such a history in this forum. I haven’t seen non-Ryzen in a long time, ditto on the double-pane windows on the front, and tires seem (to me) to vary by wheel size. But the headlights seem to remain a crapshoot. I know my M3 got built in the last week, but I’m steeling myself for the old headlights. I don’t think I’ll refuse delivery if it comes with those; as much as I want the latest and greatest, they’re not doing anything different right now and I don’t drive around on high-beams all that often.

Reactions: guerro and jpaychek
looks like especially matrix headlights are not guaranteed, most likely due to parts shortage, they run out of matrix lights and start installing older/premium ones. a lottery honestly. I think you can decline delivery and within a ~month they might offer you another vehicle but you'll be playing the same lottery again. not sure how many times you can decline though before they cancel your order.

Reactions: guerro
I just flew into St. Louis to pick up my car at the Chesterfield location. When I arrived and turned off airplane mode on my phone, I got a message saying my car has not arrived and MAY get here tomorrow. My appointment is at 1:00 PM tomorrow. I sure hope it arrives, my car was my way home. Lol! I can only laugh at the ridiculousness. On a happier note, there is an air show in chesterfield tomorrow.

OD: 3/29
DD: 6/11 (tomorrow! home delivery!)
VIN: 277
Delivery: Los Angeles, CA
SA confirmed all the goodies are present: AMD/Ryzen chip, double pane windows on the front, matrix lights.
Not sure about the tires. Will see tomorrow.
Very excited, even though this is not my first Tesla!
Did you also pick a 4-hour window? I had to for home delivery. That’s a long window…

Oh, man. Such a history in this forum. I haven’t seen non-Ryzen in a long time, ditto on the double-pane windows on the front, and tires seem (to me) to vary by wheel size. But the headlights seem to remain a crapshoot. I know my M3 got built in the last week, but I’m steeling myself for the old headlights. I don’t think I’ll refuse delivery if it comes with those; as much as I want the latest and greatest, they’re not doing anything different right now and I don’t drive around on high-beams all that often.
There was over 50 cars at the dealer today for people to take possession of and I looked at all of them and three of them had premium headlights.

As part of my delivery tasks, I added insurance for the soon-to-be-delivered car through my regular carrier, State Farm. They sent me a temporary coverage card for the car (including VIN, NAIC#, policy number, and full coverages listed), good until August 4 at which time, the car will be added to my regular proof of insurance card when I renew all three vehicles at once. I uploaded the temporary proof card to the Tesla app and it was checked off as completed.

Now in the Tesla app under Insurance, it says “Insurance Expiring - Your insurance is expiring soon. You’ll need to provide insurance details for an active policy before taking delivery” (see attachment).

I am wondering if anyone can provide some guidance here. It IS an active policy, which is obvious from the policy number. I am scheduled to pick up the car on June 20, and obviously the coverage will not be lapsing before delivery. So, who can tell me 1) what additional proof of insurance am I going to need to show before taking delivery? and 2) why would Tesla care about insurance coverage after August since it will be my car after June 20th anyway?

View attachment 815130
I had the same issue. Call Tesla and it will take them 10 seconds to fix the issue. Make sure you have already uploaded the proper insurance card beforehand.

• Informative
Reactions: Spridle and JB47394
Assigned vin this morning… 275!!! SA said matrix and Ryzen. Asked about options to delay till 01July so I can get the new EV rebate and was told only option was to cancel order and start again. Not doing that. Going to try and get to the SC and talk to someone there.

EDD changed to 24-27 June
Assuming you haven't placed a hold on your order prior to this, you should be good to go with placing a hold and removing it on 7/1.

Assigned vin this morning… 275!!! SA said matrix and Ryzen. Asked about options to delay till 01July so I can get the new EV rebate and was told only option was to cancel order and start again. Not doing that. Going to try and get to the SC and talk to someone there.

EDD changed to 24-27 June
Could just put your account on hold. I did this for the Illinois rebate last week. You have to release the vin but you don’t lose your order date or price.