Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the current demand right now. If someone ordered M3LR this month when will be the time frame or how long before taking delivery. I’ve seen people get their M3LR is just 3 months or so. Also, I wanted to see some inputs on chargers if I should get the wall charger or mobile charger? Thanks group! 🙏🏼

At the current demand right now. If someone ordered M3LR this month when will be the time frame or how long before taking delivery. I’ve seen people get their M3LR is just 3 months or so. Also, I wanted to see some inputs on chargers if I should get the wall charger or mobile charger? Thanks group! 🙏🏼
Btw, I live in the Bay Area near the Tesla Fremont factory if that makes any difference.

It’s averaging about 100 days from order to delivery for the M3LR

Reactions: HeatherW22
I right in the middle, near St Louis Mo
"West coast" deliveries are all those that Tesla can ship by truck directly from the factory in Fremont, California. "East coast" deliveries are all those that Tesla ships by rail to Chicago, Illinois and Birmingham, Alabama, and then by truck to their delivery sites. If you are a closer truck drive to Fremont than Chicago or Birmingham, then you are "west coast". Otherwise, you're "east coast". It really boils down to whether rail shipment is involved because that has such a significant impact on the way the logistics work.

As St. Louis is a 5 hour drive from Chicago and a 31 hour drive from Fremont, you're considered an "east coast" delivery. That suggests a November timeframe. Note that "west coast" deliveries apparently happen throughout the quarter, but when Tesla goes into crunch mode to pack as many deliveries as possible into a quarter, they focus on deliveries local to Fremont because they can do those so quickly.

A twist in this is the rising interest rates. These are expensive vehicles. Some people are simply not going to be able to afford a Tesla because of the increase in monthly payments. That should shorten the wait time for those who remain, though I have no idea how much that might be because I don't know the finances of the average Tesla buyer.

"West coast" deliveries are all those that Tesla can ship by truck directly from the factory in Fremont, California. "East coast" deliveries are all those that Tesla ships by rail to Chicago, Illinois and Birmingham, Alabama, and then by truck to their delivery sites. If you are a closer truck drive to Fremont than Chicago or Birmingham, then you are "west coast". Otherwise, you're "east coast". It really boils down to whether rail shipment is involved because that has such a significant impact on the way the logistics work.

As St. Louis is a 5 hour drive from Chicago and a 31 hour drive from Fremont, you're considered an "east coast" delivery. That suggests a November timeframe. Note that "west coast" deliveries apparently happen throughout the quarter, but when Tesla goes into crunch mode to pack as many deliveries as possible into a quarter, they focus on deliveries local to Fremont because they can do those so quickly.

A twist in this is the rising interest rates. These are expensive vehicles. Some people are simply not going to be able to afford a Tesla because of the increase in monthly payments. That should shorten the wait time for those who remain, though I have no idea how much that might be because I don't know the finances of the average Tesla buyer.
Thanks JB

I'm way behind the curve here so pardon my questions.

Is NY running near the early end of their delivery range?

This is kind of important because I need to take delivery by 11-18 to save $2k in sales tax.

I've so much to learn.

Thanks

Thanks JB

I'm way behind the curve here so pardon my questions.

Is NY running near the early end of their delivery range?

This is kind of important because I need to take delivery by 11-18 to save $2k in sales tax.

I've so much to learn.

Thanks
My car was delivered at Mount Kisco right in the middle of my first EDD. That was for an early March order. Hard to know how it will go with more recent orders.

Reactions: JB47394