Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good info for some of us:

• Helpful
Reactions: jpaychek
Oh man i haven't paid close enough attention to that and honestly cant say if mine changed from the last VIN. Which parts seem to update on your MVPA?
Registration fees and taxes. Possibly because WA just raised fees for July but still that has been known and they should have updated their systems ahead of time.

I only noticed because I am financing everything including taxes and fees so my app said $0.00 due. Then all of a sudden it said $22 due. Then I had them update the MVPA to show $0 due on my end. Went to finalize my loan today with that “final” amount and now the app says $80 due from me. 😠

Reactions: Originalando
Same issue here as well. Just called Tesla and they still believe we will take delivery in the Jul/Aug time frame.

See above......Tesla still thinks the car will arrive within our window.

Yup Tesla is super nice! Not certain on your order but will see what happens! The COS folks are great..just ask on delivery and you should be fine...at least from my conversations.
Ohhh! Don’t get my hopes up! I had a trip planned to break her in & I’m starting to plan without my vehicle. 😫 I’m excited to see what tomorrows update brings. Ty for taking one for the team and contacting Tesla.

Reactions: ColoradoMike
General advice:
Select cash as a placeholder payment option and no for trade-in.
This is to avoid multiple hard credit checks and having to constantly update your trade-in pictures/quotes as the months tick by waiting for a VIN.

Once you get your VIN, then start getting everything lined up.
Ask your SA to switch to financing and yes to trade-in (if you plan on trading in a vehicle to Tesla directly), and get your insurance policy updated.

Treat this like you were ordering a custom order car from a dealership - except everyone's order is a custom order.
Expect to wait +120 days.
When you get a VIN and are asked to schedule a delivery date, you are given a 3-day block to select a 1-hour appointment.

This is where Tesla is the least flexible - if you cannot make it anytime in the 3-day block, you won't be getting your car - it'll be given to the next person with a matching order.
I've read about people here who were able to move the delivery window past the 3 days (not including transport delays), but those are rare and are probably because of an SA being nice.

On delivery day you are either going to pick it up at the Tesla Store or you'll be doing a home delivery.
If you are paying via a certified cheque or bank draft, you'll need to have it at pickup, or if its a home delivery you hand it to the person delivering your car.
All registered drivers need to be present at pickup.
Florida laws for vehicle insurance apply, since you are in Florida.
If you are doing a showroom pickup the local SA can walk you through the basics of the vehicle - for a home delivery I'm not sure if they do anything.
If you notice any issues within 24 hours/100 miles, submit a service request in the Tesla App, and Tesla will fix it at their expense.

You are also allowed to straight up reject the vehicle at delivery.
You'll be put at the front of the queue for the next matching order.
Are the pickup dates on the weekend or during the week? Or does it depend on when you get your VIN?

Reactions: HeatherW22
I ordered a M3 Standard 3/17 initial EDD was Sep-Oct. Changed it to a M3LR 5/16 and delivery date moved up to June but has been pushed back x3 now. We have the same specs (color, interior, no fsd). EDD now is 7/30-8/13
I think the way it works is that your original OD stays the same even if you switch cars. So for consistency in this group and for tracking purposes, your OD should read 3/17 not 5/16. You should get your car soon I think.

Are the pickup dates on the weekend or during the week? Or does it depend on when you get your VIN?
You get a 3 day window to pick from and it depends when your car is expected to be “ready”. Some delivery centers are not open on certain days of the week (I think most are closed Sunday).

I got a Thurs-Sat window and I’m picking it up this Sat. I wanted a Monday pickup but when I texted the number to see if they can extend it to next Monday they said my SC is closed Sun and Mon currently?? Even though the website shows it’s open Mon-Sat. 🤷🏻‍♂️

You get a 3 day window to pick from and it depends when your car is expected to be “ready”. Some delivery centers are not open on certain days of the week (I think most are closed Sunday).

I got a Thurs-Sat window and I’m picking it up this Sat. I wanted a Monday pickup but when I texted the number to see if they can extend it to next Monday they said my SC is closed Sun and Mon currently?? Even though the website shows it’s open Mon-Sat. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Ooo your pickup gives me hope. I just want my car 😆 Send some good vibes to the Fife SC 😂 Also excited for you to be getting your car!!

Well Got ANOTHER EDD today. This time it pulled in even closer and now starts Monday. Someone is toying with me if I don’t get a VIN soon. This is lucky EDD #14 July 18 - July 28. My first 10 day window. I also believe this officially pushes me past @T-J- record of 13 EDDs hahaha 😝
Crossing my fingers for you! I’m starting to see more cars trickle into Renton SC as I drive past daily so they should be starting ramp up production again.

• Love
Reactions: Guy Maughan