Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I wrong or should the center screen on the dashboard be visible from this angle? Seems like there's no screen at all?

c2c5651s-960-jpg.222416
Huh? I can see it

A HUD has never been talked about, implied, or even hinted at by anyone at Tesla. Ever. Just stop already!
This rumor started as a result of a misunderstanding. An automotive blogger, after heavy consumption of intoxicating beverages by himself at a bar (and misplacing his phone so he couldn't summon Uber), stumbled into a nearby movie theater to "sleep it off". When he awoke, he was in the middle of "Sully". Not knowing what he was watching, he mistakenly thought Tom Hanks' character in the film was Elon Musk rather than "Sully" Sullenberger, and that Musk was piloting Space X's ITS to Mars. When Hanks/Sullenberger calmly mumbled to air traffic control, "We're gonna be in the Hudson", the blogger misheard the line as, "We're gonna be into HUDs, son." Still in a semi-stuporous state, he discovered his phone tucked in another pocket and immediately tweeted his colleague about this scoop he had overheard from Elon. The next day, his colleague asked him if he had any additional or corroborating evidence to back up his claim. He replied that he didn't remember anything from the previous evening. Unfortunately, the colleague had already retweeted the story and someone posted it on the TMC forums. Thus was born the rumor that Tesla would have a HUD.

Last edited:
My birthday is July 19 - a great day for the reveal

Probably will be at the end of the month however. Hope the reveal will include letting people know when Model 3s will be at Tesla stores so we can actually sit in one to see how it "fits".
Believe it or not I'm hoping it'll be in the latter half of the month. I'll be out of the country with limited opportunity for internet access for the first half. I'm not expecting any big surprises during the reveal but I still want to experience it "live".

Status
Not open for further replies.