Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

> If your Key Fob is equipped with Passive Entry, your Tesla will automatically lock and unlock when the Key Fob is within three feet. Same with the trunk. If not equipped, press the top once to lock your Model 3 and twice to unlock; press twice on the front or rear trunk to open them.

Guessing yours is the OG version?

Model 3/Y Key Fob

> No hands required. Locking and unlocking your Tesla has never been easier. Keep your key fob in your pocket and simply pull on the door handle for easy entry.

I have had my M3 for about 18 months now. I still absolutely love driving it but I am becoming increasingly frustrated with multiple issues. I was not able to find similar threads so I have started a new one. I took it in to a service center once, which is 2 hours away from home, only to be told that there was nothing they could do about any of them at the time but that probably they would improve over time with over the air updates.

1. Phone Key - I had a 2016 Model S and never had any issues with it. My M3 constantly does not connect to my phone until I open the app. It would be easier to just carry the key card. I have had the same phone the whole time and this has started happening only this year.
2. Cruise Control random braking - From the beginning the TACC would jam on the brakes when facing an uphill road or when a vehicle would cross in front even though it would be well clear before TACC would jam on the brakes. I have learned to anticipate most of these events but it upsets my wife terribly, so much so that I use it much less that I used cruise control in ICE vehicles. It has improved somewhat after several over the air updates, but it remains an issue.
3. Homelink - The GPS based automatic activation is super convenient ... when it works. The point of activation moves around so much that I am constantly having to reset it and re-adjust how many feet ahead of time it activates. Also, the directionality of the signal is so narrow that it often requires one or more manual activations and/or moving the car closer. I have had many cars with built in Homelink and never had such a narrow or limited range of functionality.
4. Dashcam - It seems to only randomly record. Sentry Mode works fine and records every time we park the car. As I recall, Dashcam was working well when it was first activated. I have tried erasing the thumb drive but have seen no change.
5. Auto Wipers - This system is a joke. After all this time since the first camera equipped MS's, you would think Tesla would have perfected it. If it wasn't so tedious to adjust the wipers manually on the screen, I would leave it off. Sometimes I have used the voice activated system however it does not reliably interpret the commands so I cannot depend on it to work quickly.
6. Foglights - Activating these takes too many steps and jabs to the screen. On our rough roads every attempt is a crap shoot. Why can't we have an icon permanently on the home screen for one touch?
7. Glovebox - See above. Permanent icon please!
8. Supercharging pre-warming - This was a feature rolled out since I bought the car. It used to work and I could reliably expect 140 - 150KW initial charge rates. Now it almost never works even though I always program in the next Supercharger location. I typically get around 95KW charge rate, not slow but not nearly as fast as it used to be. Charging time has always been widely variable but now it is consistently long!
9. Noise - I knew the M3 would be somewhat noisier than the MS I was coming out of but I chose to ignore it at the time for all of the advantages of the newer car. I did install a set of extra weather strip seals around the doors and stuffed some sound foam in the large hole in the rear package shelf and these changes did make a noticeable improvement. Now the primary noise is tire drone. I have read on various forums that some people have installed sound dampening material on the rear fender wells, however the effort to do this and the inconsistent results reported have discouraged me from trying this. My Michelin tires are nearing the end of their life at 22,000 miles so I will try some Continental tires. But I do feel like these noise problems are exaggerated in an electric car because of the lack or engine noise, so the tolerance level for excess noise is much less. Surely some extra sound foam and/or resonance dampening would help. We should not have to experiment on home fixes.
10. Side Camera view on lane change - My daughter's 4 year old Honda shows her a side camera view when using the turn signal. Surely this is not a difficult software update. This is especially important since the view to the rear is poor due to a high trunk line.
11. Hold feature - Another feature rolled out with an OAU. It does work very well normally, however if you try feathering the throttle, especially on a hill it will often slam on the breaks with a notification the "brakes applied to prevent roll away" even though it wasn't rolling away! I have learned to "stab" at the throttle and be less smooth to avoid this. I know I can just turn it off, but really I just want it to work properly!
12. Supercharging target range - After all of these years, I am still having to calculate my own estimated miles range need to complete each leg of a trip. Why doesn't the system just look at the recent Wh/mi performance and use that for calculations? I have found that driving at 75 - 80 mph uses more energy than it normally accounts for so I cannot trust the estimated range required.

I still love driving this car for it's sportscar handling and muscle car acceleration. And I still love the looks of the exterior and interior. But I feel like I am driving one of those bad phone Apps that you downloaded without reading the reviews. I had hoped that original and new issues that cropped up would be fixed after 3 years of production. It's great that we get OAUs, new games to play (the fart control is a crowd favorite!) and new features. But how about fixing the stuff that doesn't work well as a priority?

If I have missed a "workaround" or if there is some fix out there, please let me know. And if anyone knows of a way to communicate directly to Tesla what improvements or fixes we would like to see, likewise let me know. With the service center 2 hours away, trying to work through customer service, waiting around all day and being told nothing is wrong is not encouraging.

1. Make sure that in the phone settings under Tesla App that your app is “Always” on.

2. TACC, everyone has this braking, I had it today coming up on a large bus, I’m guessing it saw people walking in front of the bus, it braked pretty hard, 45mph to 15mph.

3. HomeLink: make sure you don’t have any waffer LCD lights nearby and I mean the garage door opener. I had to remove my LCD to program it. Just left it off, Homelink works fine now.

4. DashCam: Dashcam no longer works like it used too. You can no longer active it and record the whole drive. Today it’s there for when you need to record that last 10 minutes event. Set to honk or just tap on the camera to save. I guess this was the fix to filling up the memory card fast. I was like you and took it in for service. That’s what I found out.

5. Auto Wipers, initially when it starts to rain, it won’t come on, what I do it tap on the wiper button once, this wakes it up and it works well after that.

6. Foglights, I just leave mine enabled (blue) on the screen, I don’t have to mess with it.

7. Agree with the Glovebox, how do you manually open it?

8. Superchargers pre-heating: Summer time, how hot is it there, battery is probably already warm, heatwave this week. Also I think you mentioned 2018 model? Per Borjn and youtubers, Tesla has been throttling down how much you car takes in especially those that have been using Superchargers a lot. We all will experience that as the battery gets older and the miles stack up.

9. Noise, M3 will always have this noise issue unless Tesla spends more time insulating the interior, I’m guess more weight and cost more.

10. Side repeater on Lane Change, this has been addressed with Elon and will be coming soon. I guess baby steps giving us those side cameras with reverse.

11. Hold Mode: haven’t had this issue, I will have to find some hills to try it out.

12. Supercharger Target Range: I use ABRP as well as the Tesla Nav and I’m usually right on +/- 1 or 2 miles. Also I’m doing 70mph max as I’m not in a rush. Three trips to Las Vegas and back and have it dialed in. I enjoy watching Out Of Spec Motoring on his Long Trips because it also gives you an Idea what to expect between Superchargers, speed, weather conditions etc.

Hope that helps.

Fred

IOS-13 added this Bluetooth switch also, make sure these 2 are on.

57753EBC-01B5-42E0-BF9F-B4B868B57BFC.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: EVNation
Thanks for sharing your experiences and I am happy for you that you have apparently had so few of these issues. Not all of us have been so lucky. See comments below:

1. Phone Key - Works great for me, except on the rear passenger side door.
2. Cruise Control random braking - Has never happened to me, but I very rarely CC If you use TACC this will happen to you I am confident. Many owners have reported this issue for a long time.
3. Homelink - 100% flawless for me. I love it except that i had to have it installed after purchase. If we are only talking about manually activating it while stopped directly in front of the garage, close to the door, then yes it consistently works. If you are 20 feet or more away or the front of the car is not pointed directly at the door, then it becomes much less reliable. In every other car we have had with HL, you could hit the button while 50 ft away still on the road before turning into the driveway and it would always open. My M3 will never work under these conditions. And when you add the auto GPS activation, the trigger point moves around so much that it works about 75% of the time.
4. Dashcam - I use this all the time and it always works It has completely stopped working for me. I need to try the "tap icon" and "honk to save" functionality to see if it works at all.
5. Auto Wipers - I was expecting this to fail but honestly the only issue is I mostly have to hit the stalk button once to get it started, but after that it works really well. I use auto 100% of the time. I think they are like 5% off from what I would set it to if I were manually changing settings. It probably works about 80% of the time for me. But that 20% means nothing is happening while drops are building up or it is wiping a dry windshield wearing out the wipers and grinding dust into the glass. I can hit the stalk button but sometimes that takes multiple hits before it takes over. And nothing will stop the dry wiping but turning it off!
6. Foglights - I've never used them. I should probably figure out how...We get a lot of fog here in the mountains. It's not terrible, but a dedicated soft button or a programmable space on the home screen would be much better. Voice activation is also not yet functional.
7. Glovebox - I'm good with 2 touches to open it. This is not safe while driving. Voice activation works well if there is not too much ambient noise.
8. Supercharging pre-warming - I've only supercharged twice. If you drive 500+ miles in a day requiring multiple SC stops it adds a significant amount of time to the trip when it's not working.
9. Noise - The noise isn't any different than my subaru (minus the engine of course). My wife's Tucson is also noisier but this tire drone is just irritating.
10. Side Camera view on lane change - With the cybertruck not having mirrors I expect this will be coming. I'm a big fan of mirrors though. There is always lag between a camera and a monitor, the question is only how much.
11. Hold feature - Hold has worked 100% flawlessly for me Try feathering the throttle on and off, especially on a hill.
12. Supercharging target range - No one knows what car will be in front of you or not in the future. It is a guess and maybe when you supercharge (long distance driving) your driving habits are different than your day to day driving? My habits are definitely different. If it would just take the last hour or two of driving conditions into consideration it could be very accurate for long highway speed trips where range and charging times are most important.

My "$25k" car can compete with a lambo off the line, while I have two carseats in the back seat, and then I can double tap to have it drive itself. That's hardly a a $25k value even if that is the cost of hardware. The 3 is a great value even with the mistakes considered! Absolutely agree that it is a blast to drive and a great value!

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Comments:

1. Make sure that in the phone settings under Tesla App that your app is “Always” on. Pugh! Not easy to find on my Galaxy S9. I had to add the Tesla App to "Apps that will not go to sleep". Hopefully this works!

2. TACC, everyone has this braking, I had it today coming up on a large bus, I’m guessing it saw people walking in front of the bus, it braked pretty hard, 45mph to 15mph.

3. HomeLink: make sure you don’t have any waffer LCD lights nearby and I mean the garage door opener. I had to remove my LCD to program it. Just left it off, Homelink works fine now. Do you mean LED waffer lights? In any case I have two different garage doors plus a community gate and no LEDs around 2 out of 3 and same problems with all 3. Narrow angle of operation, weak signal and wandering GPS location.

4. DashCam: Dashcam no longer works like it used too. You can no longer active it and record the whole drive. Today it’s there for when you need to record that last 10 minutes event. Set to honk or just tap on the camera to save. I guess this was the fix to filling up the memory card fast. I was like you and took it in for service. That’s what I found out. OK, makes sense. I will try it out today.

5. Auto Wipers, initially when it starts to rain, it won’t come on, what I do it tap on the wiper button once, this wakes it up and it works well after that. Yes, I know that works sometimes but I will pay more careful attention to see if it always does. Sometimes speed is off but it usually self corrects. Dry wiping is also an issue but not too often.

6. Foglights, I just leave mine enabled (blue) on the screen, I don’t have to mess with it. I guess if they are always on it's OK. I will try that!

7. Agree with the Glovebox, how do you manually open it? Controls screen button then a button near the middle. It's not too hard, but not really safe while driving but something the passenger can also do. Voice command works if it's not too noisy.

8. Superchargers pre-heating: Summer time, how hot is it there, battery is probably already warm, heatwave this week. Also I think you mentioned 2018 model? Per Borjn and youtubers, Tesla has been throttling down how much you car takes in especially those that have been using Superchargers a lot. We all will experience that as the battery gets older and the miles stack up. It was around 90 during the most recent trip. Charge rate was limited to less than 100Kw. Maybe that's as fast as it can charge at that temp?

9. Noise, M3 will always have this noise issue unless Tesla spends more time insulating the interior, I’m guess more weight and cost more.

10. Side repeater on Lane Change, this has been addressed with Elon and will be coming soon. I guess baby steps giving us those side cameras with reverse. Bring it on :D

11. Hold Mode: haven’t had this issue, I will have to find some hills to try it out. Also try feathering the throttle on and off on flat and hills. This is where I have the most trouble.

12. Supercharger Target Range: I use ABRP as well as the Tesla Nav and I’m usually right on +/- 1 or 2 miles. Also I’m doing 70mph max as I’m not in a rush. Three trips to Las Vegas and back and have it dialed in. I enjoy watching Out Of Spec Motoring on his Long Trips because it also gives you an Idea what to expect between Superchargers, speed, weather conditions etc. I typically drive at 8 mph over the speed limit, just slow enough to never attract the cops or a ticket. I allow 20% range penalty for this speed and it is almost always sufficient. I find that ABRP is too "automatic" in it's charger and route selections and I get frustrated trying to get it to go and stop where I want it to. Also, is there a way to adjust the travel speed? I will have to give it another try since several people have reported good success using it.

Hope that helps.

Fred

One thing is when arriving at the Supercharger, how low are you? 5 to 10 percent? This is usually the sweet spot where the car will ramp up to maximum KW, someone posted last week 20% and he was able to see maximum charge rate. Anything close to 50% and you won’t see the max charge rate, in most cases 100kw out of a 150kw station and then it throttles down fast to around 80%. If you’re Superchargering in very hot areas like 100 degrees and the sun is beating down on the adapter, have a cold micro fiber towel and make sure it’s rinsed completely but still damp, wrap it around that adapter to keep it cool, that adapter gets really hot fast and it will also cause the charge to throttle down sooner.

There is a setting in ABRP to set your maximum speed and I set mine to 70 and also one that allows for over the posted speed limit. Most use 115 for that one.

This is the Marantec garage door opener LCD, pretty powerful, enough to interfere with the programming of the Homelink, once removed Homelink has worked 98% of the time.

B187D086-1519-4017-BA41-4994ACB5431A.jpeg

Here’s an Example, new V3 Supercharger (250kw) but the Stand Range Plus is rated at only170kw. In this video at 13%, I only get to 169kw and it drops off fast. So arriving at around 5% you should see the max kw.

With no button on the glovebox if your car gets broken into the perp if he doesn’t know his way around a Tesla will think the car doesn’t have one LOL. “Out of sight, out of mind” theory. Heard of Teslas trunk area being targeted for valuables and broken into but can’t say I’ve heard of the glovebox being a target area.

We keep our J-1772 adapter in our glovebox. Don’t need to access it or car insurance/registration unless the car is parked.

We each drive a Tesla, and if the app is set to the other vehicle you won’t gain walk up access with your phone key to your car. It will prompt you to use your card key; otherwise opening the app or using the Tesla widget on your phone to bring it up is probably the quickest way to switch to your car at that point.

Sometime ago I found I had to turn bluetooth off and on to get it to recognize my car but haven’t had the bluetooth issue in some time. Depending on how your phone’s antenna is situated as you approach the car, it seems to make a difference in being picked up. Guys typically report a back of pants issue being the resulting cause. If my phone is in my purse and depending on where in my purse and how my purse is turned towards the car and if my body is in between, I’ve had occasional issues on walk up. Sometimes just moving my purse as I carry it resolves the issue. I think this is more a bluetooth issue though. Maybe knowing these things has my phone better positioned, but really has not bern an issue in a long while.

Last edited:
Kind of while on the subject, reminder to card key or old Fob owners (with pre walk-away electronics)—if you unlock your car with either of these devices you Must manually lock the car upon leaving or use the lock feature on your phone app to lock it. Only an authorized phone key or newer tech Fob will lock on walk-away in that case.

Because of the minimalist design I expect most if not all functions will eventually be addressed by voice command.

I guess one day, Tesla can take into account wind, humidity, rain into the nav estimation

On a long road trip driving around 80, in route to another supercharger using NOA I get a message - "Stay below 75 to reach your destination." A few miles later Another, Stay below 70 to reach your destination. A bit later, again. Stay below 65 to reach...
I don't drive slow, so I opted to hit another closer SC. Turned out to be a headwind.
The moral of the story is the car knows its SOC, and where it is directed to go. Monitoring its progress it knows if it can make it or not. The car is constantly monitoring its operating environment and will alert you if needed.

Wennfred said:
1. Make sure that in the phone settings under Tesla App that your app is “Always” on. Pugh! Not easy to find on my Galaxy S9. I had to add the Tesla App to "Apps that will not go to sleep". Hopefully this works!
Follow up: Yes, it works! Since I made this change not a single instance of phone not being connected and car not unlocking. Yeah!

3. HomeLink: make sure you don’t have any waffer LCD lights nearby and I mean the garage door opener. I had to remove my LCD to program it. Just left it off, Homelink works fine now. Do you mean LED waffer lights? In any case I have two different garage doors plus a community gate and no LEDs around 2 out of 3 and same problems with all 3. Narrow angle of operation, weak signal and wandering GPS location.

4. DashCam: Dashcam no longer works like it used too. You can no longer active it and record the whole drive. Today it’s there for when you need to record that last 10 minutes event. Set to honk or just tap on the camera to save. I guess this was the fix to filling up the memory card fast. I was like you and took it in for service. That’s what I found out. OK, makes sense. I will try it out today.

5. Auto Wipers, initially when it starts to rain, it won’t come on, what I do it tap on the wiper button once, this wakes it up and it works well after that. Yes, I know that works sometimes but I will pay more careful attention to see if it always does. Sometimes speed is off but it usually self corrects. Dry wiping is also an issue but not too often.

6. Foglights, I just leave mine enabled (blue) on the screen, I don’t have to mess with it. I guess if they are always on it's OK. I will try that!

7. Agree with the Glovebox, how do you manually open it? Controls screen button then a button near the middle. It's not too hard, but not really safe while driving but something the passenger can also do. Voice command works if it's not too noisy.
Follow up: Used the voice command several times during the drive and it worked everytime. As to why I want to do this while I am driving: Have my wife hand me a tissue or napkin which we keep in the glovebox.

8. Superchargers pre-heating: Summer time, how hot is it there, battery is probably already warm, heatwave this week. Also I think you mentioned 2018 model? Per Borjn and youtubers, Tesla has been throttling down how much you car takes in especially those that have been using Superchargers a lot. We all will experience that as the battery gets older and the miles stack up. It was around 90 during the most recent trip. Charge rate was limited to less than 100Kw. Maybe that's as fast as it can charge at that temp?

10. Side repeater on Lane Change, this has been addressed with Elon and will be coming soon. I guess baby steps giving us those side cameras with reverse. Bring it on :D

11. Hold Mode: haven’t had this issue, I will have to find some hills to try it out. Also try feathering the throttle on and off on flat and hills. This is where I have the most trouble.

12. Supercharger Target Range: I use ABRP as well as the Tesla Nav and I’m usually right on +/- 1 or 2 miles. Also I’m doing 70mph max as I’m not in a rush. Three trips to Las Vegas and back and have it dialed in. I enjoy watching Out Of Spec Motoring on his Long Trips because it also gives you an Idea what to expect between Superchargers, speed, weather conditions etc. I typically drive at 8 mph over the speed limit, just slow enough to never attract the cops or a ticket. I allow 20% range penalty for this speed and it is almost always sufficient. I find that ABRP is too "automatic" in it's charger and route selections and I get frustrated trying to get it to go and stop where I want it to. Also, is there a way to adjust the travel speed? I will have to give it another try since several people have reported good success using it.

Hope that helps.

Fred

You spooked me with this one. I drove 270 highway and secondary road miles yesterday, speed limits from 45-70 mph, and driving speeds from 0-15 mph over the limit. There were several conduction zones and I probably activated the cruise control 40 times. Every time it set to exactly the speed I was driving.

I am thinking there are some settings which may cause the effect you describe, ones related to the autopilot feature but I don't have time to research right now.

We went for a long drive on Sunday and here is what I experienced exactly:
45-55 mph TACC displays the speed limit +5 mph for the proposed setting, i.e. what you will get when you activate it. This was true 100% of the time.
35-40 mph TACC displays the speed limit for the setting.
0-30 mph TACC displays the current speed.
When braking, TACC displays the current speed in all speed limit zones.

On the way back, my wife drove using her driver profile. For her, TACC always displayed the current speed limit rather than +5 mph as with me. Likewise we saw that TACC only displays current speed when decelerating.

So it appears that:
TACC learns your habits and adjusts it's proposed speed setting accordingly.
TACC primarily displays the speed limit or speed limit with adjustment
TACC only shows current speed when decelerating or at low speeds

It seems like in most cases the above characteristics would be OK and that is true. However, I seem to find many cases where I want to activate it but the proposed setting is far too high. Myself, I would much rather it just displayed current speed with no adjustments and no accounting for what it thinks the speed limit is. I guess we have a fair amount of construction zones around here with temporarily lowered speed limits that Google Maps and probably other map programs cannot keep up with.

If you have a different experience than this let me know but I would suggest playing around with your speeds 5-15 mph below the speed limit, turning it on and off and noting exactly what it displays at various times.

Ed

I have had my M3 for about 18 months now. I still absolutely love driving it but I am becoming increasingly frustrated with multiple issues. I was not able to find similar threads so I have started a new one. I took it in to a service center once, which is 2 hours away from home, only to be told that there was nothing they could do about any of them at the time but that probably they would improve over time with over the air updates.

1. Phone Key - I had a 2016 Model S and never had any issues with it. My M3 constantly does not connect to my phone until I open the app. It would be easier to just carry the key card. I have had the same phone the whole time and this has started happening only this year.
2. Cruise Control random braking - From the beginning the TACC would jam on the brakes when facing an uphill road or when a vehicle would cross in front even though it would be well clear before TACC would jam on the brakes. I have learned to anticipate most of these events but it upsets my wife terribly, so much so that I use it much less that I used cruise control in ICE vehicles. It has improved somewhat after several over the air updates, but it remains an issue.
3. Homelink - The GPS based automatic activation is super convenient ... when it works. The point of activation moves around so much that I am constantly having to reset it and re-adjust how many feet ahead of time it activates. Also, the directionality of the signal is so narrow that it often requires one or more manual activations and/or moving the car closer. I have had many cars with built in Homelink and never had such a narrow or limited range of functionality.
4. Dashcam - It seems to only randomly record. Sentry Mode works fine and records every time we park the car. As I recall, Dashcam was working well when it was first activated. I have tried erasing the thumb drive but have seen no change.
5. Auto Wipers - This system is a joke. After all this time since the first camera equipped MS's, you would think Tesla would have perfected it. If it wasn't so tedious to adjust the wipers manually on the screen, I would leave it off. Sometimes I have used the voice activated system however it does not reliably interpret the commands so I cannot depend on it to work quickly.
6. Foglights - Activating these takes too many steps and jabs to the screen. On our rough roads every attempt is a crap shoot. Why can't we have an icon permanently on the home screen for one touch?
8. Supercharging pre-warming - This was a feature rolled out since I bought the car. It used to work and I could reliably expect 140 - 150KW initial charge rates. Now it almost never works even though I always program in the next Supercharger location. I typically get around 95KW charge rate, not slow but not nearly as fast as it used to be. Charging time has always been widely variable but now it is consistently long!
9. Noise - I knew the M3 would be somewhat noisier than the MS I was coming out of but I chose to ignore it at the time for all of the advantages of the newer car. I did install a set of extra weather strip seals around the doors and stuffed some sound foam in the large hole in the rear package shelf and these changes did make a noticeable improvement. Now the primary noise is tire drone. I have read on various forums that some people have installed sound dampening material on the rear fender wells, however the effort to do this and the inconsistent results reported have discouraged me from trying this. My Michelin tires are nearing the end of their life at 22,000 miles so I will try some Continental tires. But I do feel like these noise problems are exaggerated in an electric car because of the lack or engine noise, so the tolerance level for excess noise is much less. Surely some extra sound foam and/or resonance dampening would help. We should not have to experiment on home fixes.
10. Side Camera view on lane change - My daughter's 4 year old Honda shows her a side camera view when using the turn signal. Surely this is not a difficult software update. This is especially important since the view to the rear is poor due to a high trunk line.
11. Hold feature - Another feature rolled out with an OAU. It does work very well normally, however if you try feathering the throttle, especially on a hill it will often slam on the breaks with a notification the "brakes applied to prevent roll away" even though it wasn't rolling away! I have learned to "stab" at the throttle and be less smooth to avoid this. I know I can just turn it off, but really I just want it to work properly!
12. Supercharging target range - After all of these years, I am still having to calculate my own estimated miles range need to complete each leg of a trip. Why doesn't the system just look at the recent Wh/mi performance and use that for calculations? I have found that driving at 75 - 80 mph uses more energy than it normally accounts for so I cannot trust the estimated range required.

I still love driving this car for it's sportscar handling and muscle car acceleration. And I still love the looks of the exterior and interior. But I feel like I am driving one of those bad phone Apps that you downloaded without reading the reviews. I had hoped that original and new issues that cropped up would be fixed after 3 years of production. It's great that we get OAUs, new games to play (the fart control is a crowd favorite!) and new features. But how about fixing the stuff that doesn't work well as a priority?

If I have missed a "workaround" or if there is some fix out there, please let me know. And if anyone knows of a way to communicate directly to Tesla what improvements or fixes we would like to see, likewise let me know. With the service center 2 hours away, trying to work through customer service, waiting around all day and being told nothing is wrong is not encouraging.

1-Blutooth issues. I had different bluetooth issues everytime I changed phones when I had my Subaru. Now I have a new phone and a new car, this combo seems to have zero issues.Also don't let the phone put the Tesla app to sleep if you are on Android.
2-Agree. Supposed to have a full software rewrite coming at the end of this year. Hopefully it will be better.
3-OMG yes. That's what happens when you put the homelink unit in the front bumper. Instead of having an antenna in the roof, it's in the freakin bumper so the signal only works like in a 40 degree angle in the front. I hate it. Not worth $300.
4-No comment about that.
5-Yes, a total joke. Wipes too much. I don't need it to go full blast on some drizzle. I have to leave it on manual. Even in manual, not enough speed settings. The slowest is still a little too fast sometimes. I use the RainX orange wiper fluid and I almost never need to use the wipers.
6-I leave them on. They are for style anyway.
7-"Open glovebox"
8-No issues. Must be your state of charge when you get to the supercharger. You only get full charging speeds when you are below 20%.
9-Tire noise is hard, depends on the tire.
10-Has that not but is the side camera view too small for you? They are coming with out with the full side view camera in the next update.
11-Hmm, I have no issues with that.
12-I put on the most inefficient wheel setting and then subtract like 4% from the estimated battery level on arrival.

Yes. There are issues that need fixing. They need to stop adding games and do fixes.

Sorry you are having problems, my thoughts on some as below, others i have left out as i dont use or have.

Mine has never skipped a beat, may depend on phone, i have an iphone 11 and its as i said never not worked.
(i keep the card anyway as a back up!)

Mine has done this when going under certain bridges, its scary and hopefully they system will learn or get by this.

I had a few issues with USB, since updating to a SSD Extreme unit its been fine.

it can be hit and miss but generally works as well as other auto wiper systems i have add, that being said the good thing is that issues on these cars can be fixed, with others cars...tough thats the way it will always be

awkward but not too bad, maybe in the future an customisable fixed button system along the bottom will give us more choices!!, we can only hope!!

as above on future custom screen, but lets face it we don't open them glove box that often, plus voice command always works for me with that

Doesn't help but this is getting better on newer cars, like all things early adopters often get shafted, i turn up the stereo a little louder , plus like the windows open so its less of an issue for me

This will come, lots are asking for it, but the issue could be we look at the screen rather than a glance , which is safer..tough question

Haven't experienced this as yet, hopefully it wont be an issue for me but im sure its annoying

The great thing about these cars as i know you must be aware is that issues such as these can be fixed over time, granted not as quickly as you may want but none the less they do often get addressed, i dont know any other car companies that add free features on their car after you leave the showroom, so not all bad...plus you can smoke most cars on the road...gotta count for something !!