Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Options Pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep. That shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. People had some crazy expectations for some really cheap prices in the Options thread, but Tesla actually needs to make money on the car.
Maybe people believed Elon last year when he predicted an average selling price of about $42,000? What do you suppose he was building into that lowball estimate, which is obviously a joke? They made the base battery so small, few people will want it and that option alone brings the price to $44,000.

Average selling price when they add dual motors will surely top mid-50s. That will scare off a lot of people who thought they were buying an affordable Tesla. And of course competition will be arriving soon after the fed tax credit expires.

If you don't buy a premium package, you don't get a center console? The fuzz?

Premium Upgrades Package – $5,000 Upgraded interior with additional features and premium materials.

• LED fog lamps
  • Center console with covered storage and docking for two smartphones

• Helpful
Reactions: ikjadoon
Maybe people believed Elon last year when he predicted an average selling price of about $42,000? What do you suppose he was building into that lowball estimate, which is obviously a joke? They made the base battery so small, few people will want it and that option alone brings the price to $44,000.

Average selling price when they add dual motors will surely top mid-50s. That will scare off a lot of people who thought they were buying an affordable Tesla. And of course competition will be arriving soon after the fed tax credit expires.

Why do you assume everyone will get the upgraded battery and dual motors? If a lot of people opt for the base battery, then a 42k average seems fairly apt. It depends on the breakdown of who opts for what. Not everyone needs to have every option ticked, a lot of people are fine with just enough to meet their needs. The base battery with 220 miles of range is no joke. 220 covers the vast majority of people's daily driving and would be sufficient to jump SC locations when on longer road trips. I lived for three years with 80 miles on a Leaf, and loved it. I'm currently living with 50-60 miles of electric driving on my Volt, and have only filled the tank once in nearly a year because of engine maintenance, and a couple of longer trips. The much smaller Volt battery covers nearly all of my needs on a daily basis, and the base 3 provides 4 times the range.

That's exactly how the S and X are.

And that's bullshit.

I personally think Electrek is just using current paint/price options in their article and don't actually *know* that it will only be black. I would have expected Tesla to offer base white as a free paint option now that the 3 is being produced. NOBODY only offers black as a "free" paint option.

And that's bullshit.

I personally think Electrek is just using current paint/price options in their article and don't actually *know* that it will only be black. I would have expected Tesla to offer base white as a free paint option now that the 3 is being produced. NOBODY only offers black as a "free" paint option.

Nope... it's all legit... see presskit:

Press Kit | Tesla

Paint

• Solid Black: Standard
  • Midnight Silver Metallic: $1,000
  • Deep Blue Metallic: $1,000
  • Silver Metallic: $1,000
  • Pearl White Multi-Coat: $1,000
  • Red Multi-Coat: $1,000
Wheels

• 18” Aero: Standard
  • 19” Sport: $1,500
Premium Upgrades Package - $5,000
Upgraded interior with additional features and premium materials.

• Premium heated seating and cabin materials throughout, including open pore wood décor and two rear USBs
  • 12-way, power adjustable front seats, steering column and side mirrors, with custom driver profiles
  • Premium audio system with more power, tweeters, surround speakers and subwoofer
  • Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
  • Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors
  • LED fog lamps
Enhanced Autopilot - $5,000
Model 3 will match speed to traffic conditions, keep within a lane, automatically change lanes, transition from one freeway to another, exit the freeway and self-park at your destination.

Additional features will roll out over time through software updates.

Full Self-Driving Capability - $3,000 (requires Enhanced Autopilot)
In the future, Model 3 will be capable of conducting trips with no action required by the person in the driver’s seat.

Reactions: Jurnimon and JeffK
If you don't buy a premium package, you don't get a center console? The fuzz?

Premium Upgrades Package – $5,000 Upgraded interior with additional features and premium materials.

• LED fog lamps

You still get a center console in the standard package. It's just not covered. :confused: