Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my Model 3 yesterday, great delivery experience. Went through all the items in the forum delivery check list. Absolutely no issues, the build was absolutely stunning. I picked up and drove about 240 miles without any need to stop for gas (strange feeling to stop at the gas station :) ).

We also got a Easter egg gift (the mini model 3!!).

configured 2/15, VIN 3/21, delivery 03/29, East Coast

Received my Model 3 yesterday, great delivery experience. Went through all the items in the forum delivery check list. Absolutely no issues, the build was absolutely stunning. I picked up and drove about 240 miles without any need to stop for gas (strange feeling to stop at the gas station :) ).

We also got a Easter egg gift (the mini model 3!!).

configured 2/15, VIN 3/21, delivery 03/29, East Coast

Could you please point me to the checklist?

Ordered 3/31/2016 In store Corte Madera 10:23 AM PST
Invite 2/28/2018
Configured 2/28/2018
Vin 3/30/2018
Black Aero EAP Vin: 101XX

Great news for you (I have to do a double take when I see your name). Not sure why with so many earlier configurations still waiting for black that those with later dates get cars. I hope I get mine (config 3/1 exactly 4 weeks ago) SOON but would feel guilty if those from 2/15 still don't have cars. Enjoy it!

Great news for you (I have to do a double take when I see your name). Not sure why with so many earlier configurations still waiting for black that those with later dates get cars. I hope I get mine (config 3/1 exactly 4 weeks ago) SOON but would feel guilty if those from 2/15 still don't have cars. Enjoy it!

That's honestly why I posted, I know I've gotten it out of order. It caught me by surprise, no ISA call yet though, I'm not expecting it untill mid next week with this quarter push happening now. I assumed it was since I'm within 150 miles of the Fremont factory, but from the spreadsheet some others with my config on 2/15 or 2/22 are as well...

Update from the spreadsheet:

I know we have been collecting a whole lot of data on the Model 3 Invites Spreadsheet.
And it is tempting to pore over each individual data sets to glean more new detailed information.

Me, I like to see the big picture.
Look at Troy's VIN graph below, for example, rather than looking at each individual points, line, or slopes, I like to take a step back and squint my eyes (not very hard to do in my case).

chart-png.6949

If you do that, you'll see a very interesting pattern.
Cut the chart horizontally at VIN 7000. Now take the top half and shift it back 4 weeks. Do you see it?
Apparently, February was a very bad month for production.
March, on the other hand, was excellent. If you accept the red regression curve as it is drawn, then April production is not very impressive (the slope is rather flat). But, if you redraw that line in your shifted graph, then March and April is the start of the exponential growth of the S curve.

Now do the same thing for the yellow graph below cutting at VIN 10,000 and shifting March 1st to February 1st.

chart-1-png.6950

My take is Tesla is a month behind on their goals. But, things are picking up - 2500/wk by April 1st.

CJ

Last edited: