Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
well, before they delayed everyone's deliveries by 3 months. everything was pointing to something big happening 15-Feb (i.e. this week) in terms of config invites. fingers crossed that's still the case. i believe @Troy mentioned it as well in his projections.

i believe @Troy mentioned it as well in his projections.

Yes, there is a thread about predictions and I made a prediction in that thread here about a month ago, which turned out to be wrong because production has been slow recently. The current version of the prediction would look like this:

I predict that by 20 Feb 2018 Tesla will either make more interior colors available or they will make the AWD available or they will send out the first batch of invites to Canada or to non-owners in the US.

All I know is, soon they will run out of owners who want the current configuration and they need to do something about it.

Last edited:
Yes, there is a thread about predictions and I made a prediction in that thread here about a month ago, which turned out to be wrong because production has been slow recently. The current version of the prediction would look like this:

I predict that by 20 Feb 2018 Tesla will either make more interior colors available or they will make the AWD available or they will send out the first batch of invites to Canada or to non-owners in the US.

All I know is, soon they will run out of owners who want the current configuration and they need to do something about it.

Tesla so far has underwhelmed every one of my predictions. I'll delay me expectation for first non-owners from 15 to (week ending) 22 Feb.

I wasn’t sure if I was going to break it if I updated it. I did initially fill out a line if that tells you my commitment to try!

@Cnasty,

We designed the new forms so you can't break it. At least I hope not.

On another note, are you concerned at all that your VIN is so much higher than every one else's? Did they give you an expected delivery date with that VIN? I am wondering if they are assigning Texas VIN to cars being built rather than cars already built and in transit.

CJ

Tesla so far has underwhelmed every one of my predictions. I'll delay me expectation for first non-owners from 15 to (week ending) 22 Feb.

@SlicedBr3ad,

That just say you are terrible at this prediction game. :)
Tesla makes a game of trying to be unpredictable.
We should start a poll, the best prediction wins.

My entry:
All owners who reserved on 3/31 will be invited this next round.
We have a few more rounds to go to finish the rest of the owners.
Non-owner invites in March.

CJ

Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
It appears that few people have updated their delivery estimates from Tesla. Of those that had Dec-Feb, there are 216 with "not yet invited". I believe that all of those should have moved to the Mar-May time frame. When the change happened I thought we were supposed to update our entry. I understand this would be a slow migration but there are only 29 "not yet invited" entries in Mar-May. I think it was a bit confusing on what individual should do. IIRC, @chojn1 indicated it would be taken care of but I believe I also saw something that said update your value to what tesla.com currently has in your delivery estimate. I went ahead and updated my info. Have others done the same or not? What is the proper change to make?

@Cnasty,

We designed the new forms so you can't break it. At least I hope not.

On another note, are you concerned at all that your VIN is so much higher than every one else's? Did they give you an expected delivery date with that VIN? I am wondering if they are assigning Texas VIN to cars being built rather than cars already built and in transit.

CJ

I am now!! Unless I am getting the super duper new cars and ahead of the game! lol

• Funny
Reactions: chojn1 and UkrHog
@chojn1, just got our invite today, but not on Google to make changes. Can you update for me? BTW our delivery estimate dates with the latest change a week or so ago are now: 1st--(March-May) although ready to configure now with 3-6 weeks to delivery; Standard--Early 2019; AWD--Late 2018.

Haven't made decision yet but thinking we may defer to the AWD. Hoping will have more info on that version soon. We'll talk about it tonight.

For everyone waiting, glad to see invites going out again!

I just received invite to configure my second Model 3, and I've only owned 1 MS. I am still pending VIN on the first order, and just hit delay for AWD on second one. I had assumed my second car would be in line behind all the non-owners who reserved before me - does this mean non-owners are also opening up? I was going to add another line in the spreadsheet for the second car (with just res date/invite date at this point), but it won't allow me to respond more than once. @chojn1 - How do we track this?

@chojn1, just got our invite today, but not on Google to make changes. Can you update for me? BTW our delivery estimate dates with the latest change a week or so ago are now: 1st--(March-May) although ready to configure now with 3-6 weeks to delivery; Standard--Early 2019; AWD--Late 2018.

Haven't made decision yet but thinking we may defer to the AWD. Hoping will have more info on that version soon. We'll talk about it tonight.

For everyone waiting, glad to see invites going out again!

@SMAlset,
Congrats on the invite.
Your entry is updated.
You lucky ^$#%$#^%$#!

Reactions: SMAlset
I just received invite to configure my second Model 3, and I've only owned 1 MS. I am still pending VIN on the first order, and just hit delay for AWD on second one. I had assumed my second car would be in line behind all the non-owners who reserved before me - does this mean non-owners are also opening up? I was going to add another line in the spreadsheet for the second car (with just res date/invite date at this point), but it won't allow me to respond more than once. @chojn1 - How do we track this?

@livingthedream ,
When you get that warning screen, click the edit your response link. That will take you to the form pre-populated with your old data. At the end of that form, you will be given the option to add a second reservation/invite.
CJ

@SMAlset,
Your entry is updated. You lucky ^$#%$#^%$#!

I know you mean that affectionately :D. I think we're near the end of the Calif owners list or pretty close to it so get ready non-owners! Actually the spreadsheet had me convinced our number was soon to be called. Kept creating temp files every few days...Really appreciate the work you guys have done to drive us crazy waiting in line LOL. If we go AWD, we move to the end of the next owner line. Patience is a virtue and I have no doubt it will be worth it.

Thanks for updating the record for me.

Last edited: