Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LR AWD Black/White
Order date: 8/8/20
Config Change (interior): 9/3/20
MVPA/VIN: 9/4/20
Balance Payoff: 9/7/20 (whoops! but seriously..they need a confirmation page when linking your bank account before debiting your account)
Delivery: MD

I saw that my account was updated with an MVPA and VIN on Friday, but I still haven't received a delivery text - does that seem a bit long? My SA did let me know today that my car is in the departure lot awaiting load assignment, but I feel like most people got a ~2 day turnaround from VIN assignment to delivery notification.

I got an email from Tesla at 9:30 this morning, saying that my M3 was ready for delivery, but my ride was arranged for me to get there at 12:30, which was when I got there. Found my car; it was the only Blue M3 with aero wheels, and there was the "Congratulations Michelle Steiner" paper on the dash. I inspected the car, inside and out, made sure the mobile connector and the J1772 adaptor were there.

I got in, turned it on (for the air conditioning, and of course to make sure it would turn on), and read and signed the paperwork. Instead of dropping the papers in the red box, I took them inside because there were no instructions on how to handle the check. I had to go inside twice more; once because I couldn't figure out how to close the front console cover (I was exerting too much force), and once because the car key wouldn't work, and there were no controls in the Tesla app. Turns out that there needs to be some time, at least an hour, and in my case about three hours, before that's activated.

Other than putting my iPhone on the charger (the iPhone 11 Pro Max just fits), putting the SD card into the USB slot and setting up navigation, I didn't do anything else before leaving.

Drove to my daughter's to show off the car; for some navigation took me on a very scenic back road route instead of the freeway. I didn't mind; as I said, it was scenic. While at my daughter's, I set up AP and FSD, and drove home.
I then set up all the other options and settings. Pictures to follow in the "Send your pictures" thread.

And I guess that ends my participation in the Order Tracking Spreadsheet section.

• Love
Reactions: SCalEV and HTWOMS
I got an email from Tesla at 9:30 this morning, saying that my M3 was ready for delivery, but my ride was arranged for me to get there at 12:30, which was when I got there. Found my car; it was the only Blue M3 with aero wheels, and there was the "Congratulations Michelle Steiner" paper on the dash. I inspected the car, inside and out, made sure the mobile connector and the J1772 adaptor were there.

I got in, turned it on (for the air conditioning, and of course to make sure it would turn on), and read and signed the paperwork. Instead of dropping the papers in the red box, I took them inside because there were no instructions on how to handle the check. I had to go inside twice more; once because I couldn't figure out how to close the front console cover (I was exerting too much force), and once because the car key wouldn't work, and there were no controls in the Tesla app. Turns out that there needs to be some time, at least an hour, and in my case about three hours, before that's activated.

Other than putting my iPhone on the charger (the iPhone 11 Pro Max just fits), putting the SD card into the USB slot and setting up navigation, I didn't do anything else before leaving.

Drove to my daughter's to show off the car; for some navigation took me on a very scenic back road route instead of the freeway. I didn't mind; as I said, it was scenic. While at my daughter's, I set up AP and FSD, and drove home.
I then set up all the other options and settings. Pictures to follow in the "Send your pictures" thread.

And I guess that ends my participation in the Order Tracking Spreadsheet section.

Congratulations and thank you for sharing!!!!

congrats!! How was the fit and finish, panel gaps?

Yeah Michelle_eriw I'm curious to hear how your inspection went. Any issues that you may have noted?

Also curious about the inspection, how does one document any issues with this new "contactless" delivery?

It will vary from place to place - the way mine worked was: "contactless" just meant that there wasnt someone sitting with you in the car going over the operation of the car; they left us alone once they opened the car for us; they did check in with us every 10 minutes or so and they did document any issues we had coming out of the inspection process; it wasn't that bad of an experience .....

Reactions: NC33
LR AWD Black/White
Balance Payoff: 9/7/20 (whoops! but seriously..they need a confirmation page when linking your bank account before debiting your account)

I saw that my account was updated with an MVPA and VIN on Friday, but I still haven't received a delivery text - does that seem a bit long? My SA did let me know today that my car is in the departure lot awaiting load assignment, but I feel like most people got a ~2 day turnaround from VIN assignment to delivery notification.
I didn’t get my delivery text until 4 days after I got my vin. It all depends how far the car is to your delivery center.

Congratulations.. Enjoy

Anyone at Seattle/Portland got M3 delivery recently?
My oder SR+ Blue 18" Aero Wheels, All black interior was on July 10.
Aug 25 text said still 3-5 weeks.

Seattle order on the same date 7/10: SR+, Pearl White/Black, 18" Aero.

Latest text on 9/2 saying 2-4 weeks. Even with our early order placement, it looks like we will be at the very tail end of deliveries this quarter...

Seattle order on the same date 7/10: SR+, Pearl White/Black, 18" Aero.

Latest text on 9/2 saying 2-4 weeks. Even with our early order placement, it looks like we will be at the very tail end of deliveries this quarter...
Thanks, good to confirm your similar trim order is in the delivery time frame too. I am not in immediate need for it, but still like to know the date.

8/21: Order placed (M3 SR+ MSM/Black 18" FSD)

8/24: Changed order to M3 LR AWD MSM/Black 18" no FSD

8/25: 2-4 Week text

9/6: Asked live chat for updates, said "2-3 weeks"

9/8: Asked live chat for updates (I'm impatient lol). Told me I had VIN assigned, but couldn't tell me the VIN itself.

9/8: Text from SA saying I had a VIN assigned (still not able to tell me the VIN) and that the car should arrive in 1.5 weeks

LR AWD Black/White

Mine is coming to the same place on the 22nd. I imagine yours should be around the same time.