Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is peeling pretty easily only day 2. Paint does seem thin. Who's fault is it if paint is thin and it's easily wearing and tearing?

Tesla. Car should withstand normal use without installing any protection!

C'moon whose else car manufacturer paint wears of within days of use? You should protect your customer rights.

It is not happening on Dirty tesla car which has has over 18.000 miles on highway & dirt roads without mudflaps or ppf. That what is shown on Dirty Tesla model 3 could be easily said normal & tear wear.

Reactions: 1 person
If you only had your car for 2 days, bring it back to Tesla to have them evaluate the paint.

--Cintoman

That's probably the best option. If you can just keep returning cars until they give you a good one. It encourages them to fix the problem because every returned car has to be sold as used. Ideally you want to put at least 200 miles on it before returning so they can't pass it off as "delivery mileage" to the next sucker.

Reactions: Johnii__82
That's probably the best option. If you can just keep returning cars until they give you a good one. It encourages them to fix the problem because every returned car has to be sold as used. Ideally you want to put at least 200 miles on it before returning so they can't pass it off as "delivery mileage" to the next sucker.

The return policy says that once you return a car you can't buy the same trim level car again for 12 months. So you would have to go up, or down, the trim line to order another one right away.

The return policy says that once you return a car you can't buy the same trim level car again for 12 months. So you would have to go up, or down, the trim line to order another one right away.

Wow, trying to stem the tide of returns on sub-standard cars huh?

Maybe get your partner to buy one or something.

Reactions: Johnii__82
Hi Proud owners of model 3!

I am Joni Savolainen from Finland and i & we need your help!

Finnish Goods Inspection Finds Tesla Model 3 Paint Is Soft And Thin
https://thedrive.com/tech/29257/finnish-tesla-model-3-inspection-reveals-soft-thin-under-spec-paint
Impressed By The Finnish Tesla Model 3 Paint Problems? Hold My Beer
The all new Tesla Model R...ecall?

I am fed up for excuses and blaming customers for paint issues from Tesla service centers.

I wish that the owners who are not experiencing paint issues, would stand side by side with those that are! We are only holding Tesla accountable for a better product and making the company better.

I’ve been there and it sucks when the paint falls off your 1 month old, $96,000 dollar car. It’s not ‘pebbles and stones’ either, it’s paved roads.

IF you are fed up too for the soft paint. We have been groupping people together on Facebook called "tesla model 3 owners worldwide with paint issues".

In Finland i have 25 model 3 owners who are experiencing the same issues on brand new model 3:s.

List for finland:

Tesla Model 3 epänormaalia kulumaa maalipinnassa

Facebook group:

Tesla Model 3 owners worldwide with paint issues

upload_2019-10-6_14-46-28.png

What can you expect? I have been collecting pictures. :/

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=alNDUmRmb0plb3hMOHZSU0wtaHBYbUV1RWloZmx3

What is our story? Or my and many other story? SEE --> Consumer advocacy service

How my car is looking after 2100 km.

&

4k video after wash @ 2100 km:

BTW.

Tesla called these normal after 4 weeks driving. :/

There is a big topic also in here --->

Model 3 paint wearing off

I can tell you’re fed up. What do you actually expect Tesla to do? From many similar (non-Tesla) situations I’ve seen over the years, going to the press and authorities about problems like this pretty much guarantees you won’t get any near term help with the actual issues because everyone now just expects another headline from every effort they make. I assume going to lawyers is next? You must have lots of patience, time and appetite for conflict! I’m not sure it’s the best route for actual resolution if that’s what you want.

I can tell you’re fed up. What do you actually expect Tesla to do? From many similar (non-Tesla) situations I’ve seen over the years, going to the press and authorities about problems like this pretty much guarantees you won’t get any near term help with the actual issues because everyone now just expects another headline from every effort they make. I assume going to lawyers is next? You must have lots of patience, time and appetite for conflict! I’m not sure it’s the best route for actual resolution if that’s what you want.

Yep that is the only option left. We have lawyers helping us already. :/

Bc tesla acts like imbecile. Calling it normal...

Long ago in a galaxy far, far away I used to paint cars. And, though really hard to tell, it looks like your car may have had a mediocre respray. Why? You might take a weak magnet and check the areas in question for excess body filler. For instance, a sign of damage on the rocker panel would mean, of course, they would have to repaint the whole panel.

Not sure what the laws are in your neck of the woods, but I once called VW North America to complain that the local dealership had sold my 70 year old father a VW which was supposed to have anti-lock brakes; but they lied to him and it didn't. Now, my dad lived in Vermont (think Finish winters) but I was told by VW North America rep that each state dealership called their own shots. A hour later I got a call from a VW NA executive, outraged, saying VW was not going to allow a 70 year old man to drive around Vermont in the winter after a dealer had lied to him about ABS. They gave my dad a new car. You never know.

Long ago in a galaxy far, far away I used to paint cars. And, though really hard to tell, it looks like your car may have had a mediocre respray. Why? You might take a weak magnet and check the areas in question for excess body filler. For instance, a sign of damage on the rocker panel would mean, of course, they would have to repaint the whole panel.

Not sure what the laws are in your neck of the woods, but I once called VW North America to complain that the local dealership had sold my 70 year old father a VW which was supposed to have anti-lock brakes; but they lied to him and it didn't. Now, my dad lived in Vermont (think Finish winters) but I was told by VW North America rep that each state dealership called their own shots. A hour later I got a call from a VW NA executive, outraged, saying VW was not going to allow a 70 year old man to drive around Vermont in the winter after a dealer had lied to him about ABS. They gave my dad a new car. You never know.

Hmm. This sound interesting.

So if i understand correct you mean the base primer could have something to do in this? Or what you mean body filler ?