Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You mean this area ? Finnish Chamber of commerce, Goods inspector found out that tesla has painted it again with problems on ... the factory :(

What a Goods Inspector Does - Kauppakamari

Report available here:

TavarantarkastuskertomusTesla_YLG_880_maalipinta.pdf

View attachment 458488

the lower paint damage is Tesla's problem for sure but the other stuff like scratches around the door handles and the crazy spider webbing is all because of bad washing technique. Like the other buy pointed out you even have scratches and spider webbing on the plastic charge door which we all have and I guarantee you mine doesn't look anything like that.

Yes, his seems to have a lot of swirls that would probably buff out for now, but it looks like he has a lot of thin paint issues as well. And if you look at their facebook group, there are a lot of people that post in there and on twitter, reddit, etc. with a lot of paint issues. A lot more than one would expect to be seeing.

• Informative
Reactions: Johnii__82
You guys need to understand that Tesla fremont paint shop is in big troubles.

Here is 25 days old model 3 from Canada and has only 1200 km.

I mean what the big hell? Blaming customer after 25 days / 1200 km??? Who does that?

"I've had the car for 25 days, 1200 km traveled in traffic, film xpel the front and despite that the paint started to be sold on the side of the bumper around the wheel. It's made that I remove big pieces that hang every day. Without the film even more paint would have gone. Tesla answers me "normal wear and tear" by email and accuses me of driving on gravel. (it seemed to me that the wheels were planning the rear and not forward). The paint doesn't properly stick to the bumper and according to them it's my fault... not to mention that I also had to buy paint to make a touchup on a chip present on delivery since they were not able to do Better than a 2-Year-old. Only reason why I would try to recommend this car is tesla service "

That is exactly what they replied me when i complained in Finland.

This is made up answer from Fremont.

upload_2019-9-25_20-17-1.png

70218427_2446977468704962_6718111544309186560_n.jpg
72154758_2446977518704957_266490948211441664_n.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: super20g
On the more involved issues, Tesla seems to only respond to arbitration, court, demand letters from your attorney sometimes, attorney general cases... And even then they dont always respond or show up to appearances... They didn't show up to a recent court case and the guy was awarded a 'defect free replacement'. Jokes on that guy, no such thing. :)

On the more involved issues, Tesla seems to only respond to arbitration, court, demand letters from your attorney sometimes, attorney general cases... And even then they dont always respond or show up to appearances... They didn't show up to a recent court case and the guy was awarded a 'defect free replacement'. Jokes on that guy, no such thing. :)

Btw. i sended you important private message. Check it!

I used to live in Vermont (which is province of Quebec) and would see this sort of thing after one of our winters. Now that I'm in So. Cal can't remember when I've seen this sort of paint rot. That said, California has tight restrictions on paints, and not sure the good ole polyurethane can be used. Picking up my white Performance 3 in three days. Will watch the edges.

Reactions: Johnii__82