Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone change their order after a VIN was assigned? I’m overthinking the exterior color. I have white now and where I live is teslaville with 1,000,000 white Teslas. So went with grey but I’m having second thoughts and thinking I want white exterior again 😅.
Someone talk some sense into me!

Reactions: jose3030
So how do we qualify for the $7500 to they look at tax returns or just social security ? When is the approval process for that?
Once you order one, tesla just asked you some basic questions and if you answer yes to all of them you qualify.

Tesla did note, they will report the sale to the feds. If you lied about anything, the feds will come after you for a refund.

I was surprised the process was so easy.

Reactions: jose3030
Anyone change their order after a VIN was assigned? I’m overthinking the exterior color. I have white now and where I live is teslaville with 1,000,000 white Teslas. So went with grey but I’m having second thoughts and thinking I want white exterior again 😅.
Get the white. The contrast is unreal and it will look good in light, dark, sun, cloud.
Also won’t show dirt.

Grey is …grey. Dirty it will look …well…normal. Understated but I see how people like it precisely for that reason :)

I chose ultra as it also shows wonderful contrast.

Someone from Australia did a (supervised) test drive video already:

The uploader did not get a chance to do 0-60 mph (0-100 kph for them) time due to road conditions, but I'm surprised that he said he admits the suspension is much better than his Model Y even with 20-inch wheels and Sport setting for the adaptive dampers.
Tesla Brisbane has a store demo M3P and they'll happily send you out for an unsupervised test drive.

I have white now and went with red. Really like how the white refreshed performance looks. I think stealth grey is also a great color. Only color I really don’t like is the blue lol probably didn’t talk any sense into you there 😓🤣

I personally would not choose a different color just so I don't look like any other Tesla. I like white and I don't mind if other Teslas are white, too. White looks really good in my opinion, whether the car is clean or somewhat dirty.

With that being said, I went with Ultra Red this time because it just looks so good. But White is still my close 2nd.

This is one of the advantages of having higher credit limits on your cards than you need, so long as your income is also high enough. Keeping debt utilization low. If your limit to income is too high it can be a problem, but carrying only as much credit limit as you need can also be problematic.
One of the perks of being old, perfect credit, high income, high credit limits with small percentage used, etc.

Reactions: JezzaE and sgtauto
Sigh. So, I sold my car to CarMax this morning in preparation for taking delivery of my M3P SG/white tomorrow, and as I was finishing up there and ordering the Uber home, I get this text from Tesla:

Screenshot_20240518-125237.png

Hopefully this is the final delay, but we're talking about Tesla, sooooo... 😫 more to come!

Sigh. So, I sold my car to CarMax this morning in preparation for taking delivery of my M3P SG/white tomorrow, and as I was finishing up there and ordering the Uber home, I get this text from Tesla:

View attachment 1048431

Hopefully this is the final delay, but we're talking about Tesla, sooooo... 😫 more to come!
Bummer! Did they specify what is the reason for the delay? Firmware update needed? NHTSA approval seems to be completed. Hopefully this will be the final delay.

Seems like @plzdelivercar is the only one remaining still scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

View attachment 1048431

It definitely does stink to look forward to something and having a few days tacked on, but then just remember there are a good bunch of folks here who have to wait until July - or beyond! I bet any of them would be happy to trade with you! ;)

It definitely stinks that you did the Carmax thing already - hopefully you don't have to take TOO many ubers over the next few days.

Three days to wait! You can do it! We're all here for you! :)

Reactions: Sandee3 and eeeric
Bummer! Did they specify what is the reason for the delay? Firmware update needed? NHTSA approval seems to be completed. Hopefully this will be the final delay.

Seems like @plzdelivercar is the only one remaining still scheduled for delivery tomorrow.
Nope. I was originally told the needed firmware update would happen today, and judging from the looks of things (and Tesla's official announcement that deliveries have started), it must've been completed. Maybe it's staffing related, or something specific to my car. I guess I'll find out Tuesday 🤷‍♂️

It definitely does stink to look forward to something and having a few days tacked on, but then just remember there are a good bunch of folks here who have to wait until July - or beyond! I bet any of them would be happy to trade with you! ;)

It definitely stinks that you did the Carmax thing already - hopefully you don't have to take TOO many ubers over the next few days.

Three days to wait! You can do it! We're all here for you! :)
Yeah, you're totally right. I've been essentially waiting since March when I placed my LR order, so waiting a few more days is a minor inconvenience, and it'll all be worth it in the end. Appreciate the support!

Reactions: jose3030 and arkhos
Nope. I was originally told the needed firmware update would happen today, and judging from the looks of things (and Tesla's official announcement that deliveries have started), it must've been completed. Maybe it's staffing related, or something specific to my car. I guess I'll find out Tuesday 🤷‍♂️
hi - I am in LA area too with VIN assigned & EDD of May19-25. No delivery appt. I got an M3P grey w/ white. Where is your pick up location?

Reactions: Sandee3