Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't disagree it's a clear improvement, but a ~10s 60-130 isn't even close to the Plaid at a ~4.5. The old "Ludicrous" Model S from 2020 was doing ~10s before the Plaid came along. Not that I expected 4.5, but 8-9s would have been nice haha!
This is at 54F…cold battery, not sure of SOC. Imagine 75F, warmed up?

IMG_2706.png

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I don't disagree it's a clear improvement, but a ~10s 60-130 isn't even close to the Plaid at a ~4.5. The old "Ludicrous" Model S from 2020 was doing ~10s before the Plaid came along. Not that I expected 4.5, but 8-9s would have been nice haha!

I believe we will see 60-130 in the 9s. Might be mid/high 9s but I think we will see it. The first person to post a dragy 1/4 mile did 11.09 at 123 MPH with a 3.15 0-60. That means that his 61-123 was 7.94 seconds. Even if it takes an extra second and a half to do the last 7 MPH it’s a 9.4.

Reactions: Destiny1701
Got a vin this morning at 4am!

I got up from bed at 4am to pee and i thought let's just check the app too (cause you all know we all check the app at all hours of the day just cause that's what we do...) and there it was! I then switched over the cash option to financing and then went back to bed. Got a text from Tesla at 7am saying to check the app for a new message.
Tracker updated
Here's my specs:
Stealth Grey/White
OOD: 4/25
Latest EDD: Was pushed back to late June 21 to 30 Window last week.
Orange County, CA.

My order seems to be an outlier from everyone else. I am literally in a 2 week EDD window starting today, and yet I have no VIN. Maybe because of my location, they will just send a black/black car at the last minute and I will get a VIN and scheduled delivery window notification all at once.

There goes my productivity and scheduling for the next two weeks.

Reactions: Sandee3
Honestly a bit gutted that we outside the US get a worse performing battery, especially as those nice US Dragy times keep coming in. The new M3P could have been the perfect daily for me, but I (and plenty others) am holding off to see how much performance we really are loosing…

Reactions: Sandee3
Honestly a bit gutted that we outside the US get a worse performing battery, especially as those nice US Dragy times keep coming in. The new M3P could have been the perfect daily for me, but I (and plenty others) am holding off to see how much performance we really are loosing…
I feel you mate. I’m in Toronto Can…70 min drive from Buffalo NY and I can’t drive over, buy a US version and bring it home.
Ridonkulous joke on the 51st bastard child state lol .

Reactions: arkhos
Losing? No, you're gaining performance from the previous M3P you had access to in the EU.

Reactions: bolduser31
Take the us times. Add a couple of tenths. Might still even crack the 10s in ideal conditions.

At the end of the day, there's nothing we can do about it and there really isn't anything else that's as fast or well rounded for this kind of price.

Reactions: sgtauto
Losing? No, you're gaining performance from the previous M3P you had access to in the EU.
That’s a fine comment when you live in…SoCal!

If it were reversed and US was getting MIC over Pano? Let’s hear the same bud ;) there would be a revolt with picket signs and guns shooting outside Fremont lol

Worse is non US versions are no cheaper for reduced kWh and power. Now that’s a joke.

Reactions: M109Rider