Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never heard of a problem with. Ambient lights and tints. Most high end cars have them.
There has been many people posting on the threads about the ambient lights in the new highland model 3 having what appears to be condensation in them and the most common thing they all had in common was it was shortly after they got their windows tinted so people thought it may be due to this. That’s why I’m a little nervous to do this.

In Denver, had a EDD of May 29th to June 12, woke up today with a new EDD of July 2nd to August 6th. No VIN.

Had an original order submitted back in Feb for LR, switched to M3P hours after announcement. I'm now struggling to understand how my order is being pushed so far out.

Reactions: D Good
In Denver, had a EDD of May 29th to June 12, woke up today with a new EDD of July 2nd to August 6th. No VIN.

Had an original order submitted back in Feb for LR, switched to M3P hours after announcement. I'm now struggling to understand how my order is being pushed so far out.
Don't count yourself out yet... Some people have had this happen to them right before receiving the VIN. Crossing my fingers for you.

Reactions: gavinmp4

There are a ton of people (including myself) with that exact date range. I’m thinking it’s just some sort of “waiting room” date range they use as they are sorting their erp system reports and such. At my company we have a similar “bucket” that basically just means waiting for confirmed availability for a scheduled build. Otherwise everything gets gunked up in the system with updating dates daily.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
So, ordered on 4/30, UR/Black. First EDD was June, then that shortly updated to July 26 - Sep 6. It's been over 2 weeks, maybe more, and I just got an EDD update. Definitely shortened, which I'm stoked about. Figured I'd post this so you guys with theories can make ideas based off of it lol. My new EDD is now July 9 - Aug 13

Is there a difference between this badge and past badges that have been on the MS? I saw there is a blue tint to this one.
Model S Plaid:

1716652454627.jpeg

Model 3 Performance:
1716652534406.jpeg

Plaid is clearly a spaceballs reference. And IMO the 3’s badge is clearly meant to be a reference to ludicrous speed from Soaceballs. The Easter egg from the model s ludicrous showed a similar animation

No other Tesla had a similarly patterned badge.

@P-Lo801 Reread what I said in bold. Also look at the two other examples. So you should see an update tomorrow 4/25 at 7AM PDT, not today.
You're on point with this. I tested this out this morning at 7am local time, and as soon as I refreshed it, my EDD changed from 5/24-6/7 to 5/25-6/7. I wonder, do VINs get pushed out at 7am too? Or do they get pushed out at random anytime throughout the day?

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Is there a difference between this badge and past badges that have been on the MS? I saw there is a blue tint to this one.
The difference is they look completely different if you look at them side by side. One looks like warp speed(‘24model 3) the other looks like plaid pattern (MS). A quick google of the images can show close up of the two images.