Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Denver, had a EDD of May 29th to June 12, woke up today with a new EDD of July 2nd to August 6th. No VIN.

Had an original order submitted back in Feb for LR, switched to M3P hours after announcement. I'm now struggling to understand how my order is being pushed so far out.
Similar thing for me (also in Denver). SG/White. Order date 4/25.
My EDD was changed this morning from 5/30 to 6/27 to be 7/12 to 8/16.
I've seen other posts where the EDD got pushed way out, then a few days later, a VIN was assigned, and the EDD moved way up and was a one week window.

Got my VIN yesterday, Black exterior, white interior, 4/24 order, EDD updated to June 7 - 14 (was May 31 - June 28). NJ Delivery.

Wondering how/if FSD can be transferred from my 2018 P3D, and if a trade in is required. My preference is to transfer FSD at delivery day, then sell the car privately. I did submit a request for trade-in value to see what they would offer, but I’m managing my expectations as Tesla is notorious for low-balling. Anyone with experience on this?

Got my VIN yesterday, Black exterior, white interior, 4/24 order, EDD updated to June 7 - 14 (was May 31 - June 28). NJ Delivery.

Wondering how/if FSD can be transferred from my 2018 P3D, and if a trade in is required. My preference is to transfer FSD at delivery day, then sell the car privately. I did submit a request for trade-in value to see what they would offer, but I’m managing my expectations as Tesla is notorious for low-balling. Anyone with experience on this?
Seems my post count isn’t high enough to edit; forgot to add some searching revealed adding FSD to the order, then getting a “transfer credit” to zero it out on the invoice was the strategy to get it done. Hopefully an adviser will help me sort it out out on delivery day.

You're on point with this. I tested this out this morning at 7am local time, and as soon as I refreshed it, my EDD changed from 5/24-6/7 to 5/25-6/7. I wonder, do VINs get pushed out at 7am too? Or do they get pushed out at random anytime throughout the day?
This has happen to me this morning with the same EDD, I don’t think it means much, I’m assuming tomorrow it will say 5/26-6/7 again

Any thoughts on tints? I've been looking through fourms and watching a ton of videos. I'm looking to get Xpel Xr Plus, but can't find many videos with individuals driving with it at night. I see other brands, but it seems ceramic is better for nighttime driving.

Was thinking about 15/20% but worried it may be too dark, Does anyone have any pics or videos of the windows looking out at night?

Similar thing for me (also in Denver). SG/White. Order date 4/25.
My EDD was changed this morning from 5/30 to 6/27 to be 7/12 to 8/16.
I've seen other posts where the EDD got pushed way out, then a few days later, a VIN was assigned, and the EDD moved way up and was a one week window.
Looks like they expect our cars to be in the same batch. I also ordered SG/White, but on 4/28 in Utah, and this morning went from 5/30-6/27 to 7/12-8/16. I hope you are right, was a disappointing thing to wake up to lol.

Reactions: normcaldwell
I haven't looked at many of these reports. How does this compare to the prior gen M3P?

It's good.

Random question: my wife is four months pregnant. I'm assuming it wouldn't be safe to let her feel the 0-60 launch from this car when she rides in it.

Do it for science. Time to bring the bass back.

Just got my VIN for SG/White in Northern VA! My order date was 2/15 and switched from LR to Performance on 5/2 with fsd transfer. Updated delivery went from 5/30-6/13 (no VIN) to 6/8-6/15 (with VIN). Thank you everyone, and good luck!!

Line skipppaaa. Lol kidding obviously. If only chevy would collab with Tesla then I can switch the corvette reservation I made on a whim a few years ago and skip ahead of everyone.

1716655662336.png

I was going to poke fun at this but they've sort of lived up to their claim with the 2-3 orders we know of. 😄

Finally! That's about what I was expecting; not a drastic improvement over the outgoing one. Model S LR is still quite a bit faster top end, though the 3 has a slight edge under 60. Given it's been 5+ years I was definitely hoping for more. Ah, well. A used Plaid poses an incredibly good value.
Fwiw I think there are improvements to be found in those numbers. I’m expecting people to start posting 2.85-2.9 0-60 without rollout, and 10.8-10.9 1/4 mile. The 1/4 time specifically is a drastic improvement over the outgoing model IMO. .5-.7 seconds better is big to me at least.

Fwiw I think there are improvements to be found in those numbers. I’m expecting people to start posting 2.85-2.9 0-60 without rollout, and 10.8-10.9 1/4 mile. The 1/4 time specifically is a drastic improvement over the outgoing model IMO. .5-.7 seconds better is big to me at least.
I don't disagree it's a clear improvement, but a ~10s 60-130 isn't even close to the Plaid at a ~4.5. The old "Ludicrous" Model S from 2020 was doing ~10s before the Plaid came along. Not that I expected 4.5, but 8-9s would have been nice haha!