Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally saw one in person today at the Tigard, OR showroom. I was honestly really surprised at how nice and high quality everything felt. This will be my first Tesla, and my biggest hang up prior was the interior quality, or lack thereof.

This thing felt incredibly solid, sturdy, and looked incredible in person. Seats felt awesome, and I loved that basically surface inside the car is soft touch, except for the carbon fiber dash piece that looks and feels great. I am glad I went with the black interior, mostly because I like the Alcantara over the leatherette on the doors, and because my kids won’t get black as dirty lol.

I’m even more excited to get mine, hopefully soon!

Vin received tonight, Kansas delivery.

Attachments

• IMG_9102.jpeg
    IMG_9102.jpeg
    456.8 KB · Views: 6
Finally saw one in person today at the Tigard, OR showroom. I was honestly really surprised at how nice and high quality everything felt. This will be my first Tesla, and my biggest hang up prior was the interior quality, or lack thereof.

This thing felt incredibly solid, sturdy, and looked incredible in person. Seats felt awesome, and I loved that basically surface inside the car is soft touch, except for the carbon fiber dash piece that looks and feels great. I am glad I went with the black interior, mostly because I like the Alcantara over the leatherette on the doors, and because my kids won’t get black as dirty lol.

I’m even more excited to get mine, hopefully soon!
I was just there a few hours ago.

The seats are amazing!

Reactions: arkhos
Read it on some reddit post this week and someone in the comments said it happens with tint
he also said it happened to people who didn't get tints, people were speculating it was heat that was causing glue separation (which sounds even worse, hope thats bs), either way will tell my guy to cover that area up so it doesn't get wet just incase, they have done hundreds of highlands im assuming so ill ask

Reactions: jiren and arkhos
Those of you who are financing through Tesla: Is the application process done entirely through the app? What forms or documents do you have to upload? Thinking about switching from cash to finance so I can let my money work for me and offset the interest/depreciation over the term, but I hope I could do it all right there at pickup and be done with it in one go.

Those of you who are financing through Tesla: Is the application process done entirely through the app? What forms or documents do you have to upload? Thinking about switching from cash to finance so I can let my money work for me and offset the interest/depreciation over the term, but I hope I could do it all right there at pickup and be done with it in one go.
You will want to decide that before your delivery appointment. The final numbers and stuff are worked up before that, on your MVPA (motor vehicle purchase agreement). Its not like a traditional dealership where, even if you ordered a car and go to pick it up, they take you to the finance office and try to sell stuff, and it takes 2 hours.

When I picked up my wifes Model YP in 2022, I was there 20 minutes total, from pulling in and parking to her driving off in the new model Y. We looked at the car, I handed them a cashiers check and bank check (my down payment and outside financing, respectively), they took it, came back 5 minutes later and said "Ok its in your app now".

I clicked the car in my app and accepted it, we opened the doors, wife got in and adjusted mirrors and we drove home.

Anyway, if you are going to change to financing, you want to arrange that before your delivery appointment. You let your delivery person know in the text you scheduled delivery, "hey I think I want to finance instead, can you open up my app for financing application?" they do that, you apply, get approved, etc, all in the app (if you are thinking about financing with Tesla).

If you are doing outside financing, get approved somewhere else of your choosing, then tell them in that text message how much you are financing, and with what company, and how much you are putting down. They will adjust the MVPA.

he also said it happened to people who didn't get tints, people were speculating it was heat that was causing glue separation (which sounds even worse, hope thats bs), either way will tell my guy to cover that area up so it doesn't get wet just incase, they have done hundreds of highlands im assuming so ill ask
where is your guy located if you don’t mind telling. is this a business or a friend who tints?

@M3P Highland , if you are going to disagree with "there is no line" that must mean you think there is some actual proof that tesla prioritizes orders by when someone ordered (which would be a line).

Would love to see some proof of that, since I have never seen that.
Of course there’s a line. That’s why Daniel got his first lmao

Converted from LR to P and took delivery
Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

Since there is no line where is yours @jjrandorin

You will want to decide that before your delivery appointment. The final numbers and stuff are worked up before that, on your MVPA (motor vehicle purchase agreement). Its not like a traditional dealership where, even if you ordered a car and go to pick it up, they take you to the finance office and try to sell stuff, and it takes 2 hours.

When I picked up my wifes Model YP in 2022, I was there 20 minutes total, from pulling in and parking to her driving off in the new model Y. We looked at the car, I handed them a cashiers check and bank check (my down payment and outside financing, respectively), they took it, came back 5 minutes later and said "Ok its in your app now".

I clicked the car in my app and accepted it, we opened the doors, wife got in and adjusted mirrors and we drove home.

Anyway, if you are going to change to financing, you want to arrange that before your delivery appointment. You let your delivery person know in the text you scheduled delivery, "hey I think I want to finance instead, can you open up my app for financing application?" they do that, you apply, get approved, etc, all in the app (if you are thinking about financing with Tesla).

If you are doing outside financing, get approved somewhere else of your choosing, then tell them in that text message how much you are financing, and with what company, and how much you are putting down. They will adjust the MVPA.
Thank you!