Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course there’s a line. That’s why Daniel got his first lmao

Converted from LR to P and took delivery
Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

Since there is no line where is yours @jjrandorin
I dont have a car on order.. but even if I did, I have zero idea of what that would have to do with proving the existance of any line. I dont see 1 order as as proof of any line, but lets say it is.

How about all the people who ordered day 1, per the tracking sheet here, that dont have vins, yet some people who ordered in may do?

There is no orderly line, sorry.

Last edited:
How many of you are paying in full prior to seeing the car via Plaid/ACH in the app? Or are you waiting until you get to pickup and inspect before transmitting or handing over a cashiers check? This seems to be a variable process from state to state and service center to service center.

How many of you are paying in full prior to seeing the car via Plaid/ACH in the app? Or are you waiting until you get to pickup and inspect before transmitting or handing over a cashiers check? This seems to be a variable process from state to state and service center to service center.
This is my 2nd new Tesla, and both times I have paid in full prior to seeing the car via Plaid/ACH. If you come across anything you’re not happy with, you can notate it with your service center and schedule an appointment, and they will fix anything free of charge. When I purchased my last Tesla in 2021 they also had a 100 mile policy where any panel gaps, scratches, etc, are covered for the first 100 miles.

I’ve heard great things about the refreshed model 3 build quality though. You should have great success!

I will say even though i did not experience problems with my summer tires through 2 winters, when it came time to replace them I went with the Pilot Sport All seasons as well
That is good to know. What summer tires were you using, and what temperatures did it get down to?

I was doing some reading, and it sounds like the Pilot Sport 4S handles cold weather a little better than the P Zeros, but both are quite bad in barely above freezing but wet conditions. Watching a couple videos of P Zeros in cold weather convinced me to not even take the chance (although these were RWD cars so it would have been exacerbated by that fact). Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea for new buyers to swap them out before it gets cold, then switch back to them after it gets warm.

It does seem like it's a different process depending on where you are.

Less than a year ago I bought my M3RWD, and I did not make final payment until I went to my delivery appointment. I was able to inspect the vehicle first, and then we settled-up inside. I didn't 'ask' for this - they just guided me through the process and at some point asked how I was going to handle the balance after I had a chance to look the car over. The entire pick-up process was less than 30 minutes, and that was with a close, leisure visual inspection inside and out. Not once did they try to sell me something, or ding me with surprise 'extras', etc. It was, without a doubt, the best buying experience I've had of any car maker I've bought from.

And that's another thing that appears to have changed. I made my final payment last year on a credit card (hoooray for points!). They didn't even blink when I presented it. But now I saw something that indicates they do not accept credit cards for final payment, so I'll apparently need to obtain a cashier's check from my bank. Not TOO much of a hassle of course (there's a branch just down the street from my Tesla location).

I would recommend that you contact your delivery SC - perhaps even drop by there if it's not too inconvenient, and find out what their policy is. :)

Reactions: A_X_Mxyplyzk
25% of orders in the tracker have VINs! feels like a milestone 🎉😝
1000013298.png

(I'll create a drop-down for the Yes/No values tomorrow since caps variability messes with the chart)

Anyone who did take delivery of an M3P, did you do the final payment before or during pickup?
I did it before. I knew me, there would be very little chances of me walking away without the car on delivery day. The experience with the Plaid linking in the app was straightforward, other than it would only connect to a Checkings or Savings account but not a brokerage account.
A few other things I noted:
1) When you "Add Account", it's gonna take the money right away, not add the account now and wait for confirmation later!
2) It registered the money taken to Tesla immediately (balance due: $0).
3) It did take 1-2 days before the money actually left the bank account believe it or not.

I've heard others say you are free to wait to make final payment through the App. Given my experience with the account type not connecting though, very glad I didn't wait. That took a few days for me to move money around to the right place to make it work.

After you have your VIN can the delivery window change again? Mine is still 2-3 weeks out (June 10-19). Planning a weekend trip the 21st and hoping to have it by then.
It can definitely change. And it almost certainly WILL change as well! But I think general knowledge consensus is that once you get the VIN, you're almost certainly (barring something odd like Transporter damage trashing the car, etc) within the 30 day window. So if you were waiting to apply for Financing, VIN assignment is your sign that it's Go-time.

Guys I’m confused now between Ured/white (current order) Ured/blk OR
Blk/white.

The pics coming out of the black are looking gorgeous. Maybe because the front and rear bumper lid/diffuser and spoiler blend into the black to create a thicker aggressive stance? Whereas with Color, you see the separation of paint.
Both are quite appealing!!

I have a black/black M3 now anyways and I’m no stranger to black paint upkeep to keep it shine. That and full PPF from day 1.

The white interior I love the seats but prefer the black alcatera interior door trim. I’d consider white int with a black exterior as when opened, it’s a 2 colour scheme rather than looking at red/white/black. See last pic. Just me or does it look busy with tri colour showing? Ie. 3 way Oreo cookie look with white in the middle of 2 black sections, black door rubber, white seats, red interior paint, black dash…trying to imagine this with a black exterior and removing one colour to change to dual colour or tri scheme.

Anyone have any delivery of a black/white or black/black as yet? Love to see a black ext/white int and doors opened.
IMG_2719.jpeg
IMG_2718.jpeg
IMG_2723.jpeg

Last edited: