Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are the first one I saw here who ordered later than I do. Let's prey the ramp up pretty quickly. Personally I'm not gonna wait till end of year for a car
May 2nd here - was going to wait to do a demo in 2 weeks but got worried about delivery delaying into 2025 if I wanted until the end of May to order. Decided to just make the order now and decide if I'm going to keep it at my demo day later this month. I won't be eligible for the $7500 credit if my delivery doesn't come in 2024

May 2nd here - was going to wait to do a demo in 2 weeks but got worried about delivery delaying into 2025 if I wanted until the end of May to order. Decided to just make the order now and decide if I'm going to keep it at my demo day later this month. I won't be eligible for the $7500 credit if my delivery doesn't come in 2024
Same though process here. I scheduled a demo drive this past Monday, but Friday 26th I saw the Edd on tesla website changed from May-June to Jun, so I just ordered first, worst case I am out $250.( Funny thing is now on the website still show Edd June if you try to place an order now). I am not 100% set on the car. I am 6'3" , the car is a little small for me to begin with. So my plan is: if I don't have a VIN by the end of June, that give me a reason to cancel the order and get a bigger car. Just M3P's value is sooo good

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Same though process here. I scheduled a demo drive this past Monday, but Friday 26th I saw the Edd on tesla website changed from May-June to Jun, so I just ordered first, worst case I am out $250.( Funny thing is now on the website still show Edd June if you try to place an order now). I am not 100% set on the car. I am 6'3" , the car is a little small for me to begin with. So my plan is: if I don't have a VIN by the end of June, that give me a reason to cancel the order and get a bigger car. Just M3P's value is sooo good
I’m 6’6” and I fit just fine in the Highland. Mind you I’m well proportioned not being long in torso which makes a huge difference.

1714874731407.png

Mainly posted because I feel like my order kinda goes against the hypothesis that locale is prioritized.

It’s probably a combination of factors. There’s no doubt location affects your delivery date. Being on the West coast close to the Fremont factory is certainly an advantage, compared to all the way across the country in Richmond VA where you and I are located.

We both ordered about the same time, but my EDD window is Jun 7-30. Of course, I got Ultra Red which is arguably a less common color than Stealth Grey.

Maybe they can sneak an Ultra Red on the truck that will be delivering yours, so my EDD will get moved up and we can both pick up on the same day! 😁

EDD slipped to later for me today. Was May 4th (Yesterday) to 18th. Now May 11-25.
I do appreciate the obvious honesty with the start of the window. If they day-by-day slipped the window start, it's not realistic. Delays suck, but at least it's believable being a week out for the start and not "tomorrow".

Guys when do you realistically think our orders are going to start being delivered? The optimist in me would like to believe June, but I’ve yet to see anyone received their orders yet; much yet get their VIN.

Is tesla going to start mass shipping the M3P around June, or what?

nd I fit just fine in the

Guys when do you realistically think our orders are going to start being delivered? The optimist in me would like to believe June, but I’ve yet to see anyone received their orders yet; much yet get their VIN.

Is tesla going to start mass shipping the M3P around June, or what?
They just started delivering the LR orders from Jan. If they will prioritize those first, M3P could take a while