Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went from June to July, to July 21st-Sep 1st, in the Tampa area. Quite sad it's pushed out so far, but what I get for holding out and not buying right away. I wanted a Tesla for several years now, was about to pull the trigger last year, then heard about the refresh. I'm extremely glad I waited.

I've learned a lot in the process. I jumped the gun and started looking at financing options too early and filled out a few apps expecting it to take way longer, so I will likely have to re-run the credit due to this push. 1st time to buy a "new car" aside from a cash purchase.

Still, hopefully, the date will get pushed closer as Tesla wants to make the end-of-quarter sales and smooth out their process. But we'll see

Went from June to July, to July 21st-Sep 1st, in the Tampa area. Quite sad it's pushed out so far, but what I get for holding out and not buying right away. I wanted a Tesla for several years now, was about to pull the trigger last year, then heard about the refresh. I'm extremely glad I waited.

I've learned a lot in the process. I jumped the gun and started looking at financing options too early and filled out a few apps expecting it to take way longer, so I will likely have to re-run the credit due to this push. 1st time to buy a "new car" aside from a cash purchase.

Still, hopefully, the date will get pushed closer as Tesla wants to make the end-of-quarter sales and smooth out their process. But we'll see
After my discussion with delivery advisor in UAE, I am not too hopeful of a June delivery. My EDD has been stuck at May-June since launch date but they were really painting an uncertain and grim picture. They informed that they don't have any batch confirmed for June and its unlikely Stealth Grey (its a premium color here) with black interiors will be received in June as well. There are bookings of White ext (free color here) with Black interiors which they said they can offer me in case of cancellations.

US situation would be different and hopefully better.

PS - To add insult to injury, Tesla keeps sending Black ext with White interiors car to UAE which doesn’t have many takers as it is mostly available for pickup on local website. Thats a world class production planning model.

Last edited:
Borderline criminal. I ordered end of April and have a late July - August ETA now. Really duping people who are ordering now and thinking they’ll get their car in June lol

Damn those poor souls are gonna find out the hard way.
I mean, really. We're at 5/18 right now.
A few weeks and we're in June.
You mean to tell me that if I order a new one TODAY, I will get it by June?
Lies.

I literally just left the service center and have whom I think to be one of the more competent advisors that I’ve worked with for our last four purchases.

She confirmed that the EPA issue has been resolved and they are in the process of a firmware push now.

I have a vin with a delivery date slated May 29 through June 5. She pulled up their internal software and showed me that the vehicle is expected to arrive on site on May 27. She also confirmed that vehicles have arrived on site at other locations further west and are just waiting the firmware for delivery.

Everyone in this thread right now. 😂

Attachments

• IMG_3089.jpeg
    IMG_3089.jpeg
    13.3 KB · Views: 4
Odd I just called a local showroom asking if they had an M3P to show, and the answer was no but they scheduled a demo drive on an M3P coming in next week. I really hope it's a '24 haha
How do you even get a phone # that works for the local showrooms? I've tried calling mine (phone # on Tesla's website), but the phone just goes to a national answering system. And then when I finally get to options to talk to a human, it gives me a recording "We're sorry, we are currently closed", even though it's been the middle of the day on Thursday+Friday that I've tried.
Basically their phone system is designed to make it impossible to get to a human, at least difficult. Wondering what the secret is that I'm missing?

Let’s truly hope so. lol I’m in the same boat with a trade in you are. I’m going form gas to EV. First Tesla though so have never had one. Carvana quoted me an even Steven on what I owe on my other vehicle. It expires on Monday. So I’m just gonna go ahead and sell it and then use a spare vehicle of my parents in the mean time. If you can get a quote from carvana (my experience has shown they offer better) and then if you can, sell it before you get your delivery if it comes to that. Up to you either way. But you don’t want to lose the value, save more money. lol
Thanks for the info! In my situation, after the tax benefit for trading in (versus selling to Carvana, Carmax, etc.), Tesla has the best offer by far. This was also the case with my last trade-in (non-Tesla for a new Tesla). Also, Tesla at least gives a 30-day window, whereas Carvana and others are usually only 10 days. I need my car for work and can't sell early and wait (especially given the fluctuating and uncertain EDD). Does anyone else on the forum have experience with trading in their Tesla *after* the initial 30-day window expired? I did ask my sales advisor a week or so ago about it and he said that he would "go to bat" for me and talk to the trade-in side of the house if the value changes. Though, I don't really put much stock in a verbal confirmation by phone. He did agree that it would be rather shady to reduce the trade-in value massively if the car was only driven a few hundred miles extra and Tesla kept me waiting.

Reactions: arkhos