Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just worry that the need/want for EOQ numbers inevitably leads to quality control issues on the assembly line, which we then take delivery of and result in having to deal with months' worth of repeated service visits.
That's definitely a legitimate concern, especially when I live 60 miles away from service center. This would be the first time I am buying a car with no local dealerships

Reactions: P-Lo801
I just worry that the need/want for EOQ numbers inevitably leads to quality control issues on the assembly line, which we then take delivery of and result in having to deal with months' worth of repeated service visits.
Valid. Its funny. We’ve owned four since 2018 and NEVER had an issue other than when mobile service came to replace a tire and took out our front end with their truck when leaving. 😂

Guys when do you realistically think our orders are going to start being delivered? The optimist in me would like to believe June, but I’ve yet to see anyone received their orders yet; much yet get their VIN.

Is tesla going to start mass shipping the M3P around June, or what?
Some cars will get delivered in May. I think cars in Northern California will ship as early as 2 weeks from now or perhaps even less. They will ship a ton of them in June.

Some cars will get delivered in May. I think cars in Northern California will ship as early as 2 weeks from now or perhaps even less. They will ship a ton of them in June.
FWIW, I ordered my LR Model 3 on Jan 10th. I live in Northern CA (20 mins from Fremont). I still don't have my car, or even a VIN. So I would dial back your expectations a tad!

Reactions: ashegam and jiren