Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a Tesla notification that I have a message. Was thinking "This is it. I'm finally going to get a delivery appointment".

Nope. Just a message that my trade-in offer expired and I have to resubmit. I did and you don't have to take the pictures again: just the beginning couple screens where they ask about the condition of the car.

Hoping now I don't get kicked in the huevos with a lower trade-in. Already made the final payment so hoping I don't owe more.

Reactions: oreobbq
Got a Tesla notification that I have a message. Was thinking "This is it. I'm finally going to get a delivery appointment".

Nope. Just a message that my trade-in offer expired and I have to resubmit. I did and you don't have to take the pictures again: just the beginning couple screens where they ask about the condition of the car.

Hoping now I don't get kicked in the huevos with a lower trade-in. Already made the final payment so hoping I don't owe more.
Shoot, I’d love to make a final payment before VIN. It guarantees my point of sale rebate. Who knows how long we wait for delivery. It could be in 2025 without a rebate for all we know.

Shoot, I’d love to make a final payment before VIN. It guarantees my point of sale rebate. Who knows how long we wait for delivery. It could be in 2025 without a rebate for all we know.

Nah. I think the situation is better than we realize. I suspect we will all have our cars by end of July at the latest. I have a feeling the August and September dates we've been seeing are just placeholders. Maybe that happens when the line is set up for a color other than yours so they just push it to max until they switch to your color and then you get a more reasonable date. I hope anyway.

he said the performance is a lot noisier when it comes to road noise. I was hoping it would be closer to the rwd or lr but those 20in wheels is what's causing all that noise.
If his frame of reference is the highland RWD and LR, that's still a significant improvement over the 2019 M3LR I had based on my test drive of the highland LR. Not sure how the 21-23 M3P held up with cabin noise given they got dual pane windows in the front.

Seems like bunch of Australians received press cars and why we're seeing more reviews from established content creators. Here's another one for those who have ordered the Gray/White. I liked this reviewer more so than the earlier one.

For me it's less about preserving resale value (though it can probably boost the selling price maybe $1-2K if selling third party), or even preserving paint quality, but more about giving me the ability to change up the look a bit and customize and stand out just a touch and make the car feel a bit more special and personal. For my red 2018 LR, I did one of the first red stealth wraps I know of, and stealth red is just an incredible look, and surprisingly to this day is quite rare to see. It heightens the line sharpness, makes the car look a lot more aggressive. Tinting, smoked headlights, and a brushed steel chrome delete and rocker panel detail all worked along with the stealth wrap to bring my vision to life. Even now, I personally still think my car is one of the sexiest original Model 3s on the road. Sleek and sporty and great mix of color combination without being *too* flashy or gaudy. Can't wait to put my personal stamp on this new M3P!
Pics or it didn’t happen :)

Wonder if those noise reducing skid plates from RPM Tesla are any good?
I've considered those skid plates not for their alleged noise reduction but rather to protect the battery pack and motor components from on the road shrapnel that can severely damage the aforementioned components. For example, there are documented instances of people having to replace their entire battery pack because a small piece of debris on the road broke off a spigot connected to the batter pack and Tesla could not fix it rather the whole pack had to be replaced. That's just one example of how these skid plates can protect the under body from potential damage.

Am I getting them? AbsoFinglutely as soon as I can confirm a quality one that fits these new M3Ps. Some are cheaply made and very thing aluminum and will barely provide any protection.

Sure seems like the VINS have slowed down. Haven't seen any VINS go out today? I am just kind of surprised at how slow it still seems to be going. I think it was mentioned way earlier in the thread that the factor has the ability to make a crap ton of cars a day, but we are still seeing a good amount of people who literally ordered the very first day of release without VINS. I would think that, especially with the EPA/firmware delay, they would want to be pumping these things out and delivering as many as possible as soon as possible to boost up Q2 sales. Even with the VINS we do have, deliveries seem so far and few between.

Sure seems like the VINS have slowed down. Haven't seen any VINS go out today? I am just kind of surprised at how slow it still seems to be going. I think it was mentioned way earlier in the thread that the factor has the ability to make a crap ton of cars a day, but we are still seeing a good amount of people who literally ordered the very first day of release without VINS. I would think that, especially with the EPA/firmware delay, they would want to be pumping these things out and delivering as many as possible as soon as possible to boost up Q2 sales. Even with the VINS we do have, deliveries seem so far and few between.

None today but we had some yesterday. Does anyone know if there's a day delay sometimes if they, for example, switch the line over to a different color or retool something?

Seems like the firmware update or whatever caused a bottleneck. I’m wondering if they are updating it on cars at the factory before assigning vins and shipping instead of having the delivery centers update it on site? Just a guess because vins have really slowed the last couple days.

Seems like the firmware update or whatever caused a bottleneck. I’m wondering if they are updating it on cars at the factory before assigning vins and shipping instead of having the delivery centers update it on site? Just a guess because vins have really slowed the last couple days.
Yeah I do wonder that. I mean there was weeks of delays due to the EPA/firmware delay, but they were still able to produce the cars. I feel like during that time, they had to have made a crap ton of cars, but stuff still just seems to be going so slow. Aside from Cali and a couple western states, it seems like the other states are lagging so far behind.