Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a few questions for those who’ve received their VIN #:
1. About how long was it between your last EDD update and getting your VIN #?
2. Is a 5-day range in my EDD a good sign that it won’t get bumped out (or even better, might be pushed sooner)? EDD updated to 6/25-6/30 yesterday, after sitting at 7/6-8/17 for 4-weeks, and I’m trying to decide when I should start uninstalling all the mods and list my old car for sale.
Big thanks in advance!
I had the same EDD progression as you describe. Ordered 4/24. Many, many people got their EDDs moved up yesterday, most it seems to late June.
IMO, it's Tesla being optimistic because they want lots of deliveries in Q2.
... and the monkey.

Reactions: cloud surfer
I had the same EDD progression as you describe. Ordered 4/24. Many, many people got their EDDs moved up yesterday, most it seems to late June.
IMO, it's Tesla being optimistic because they want lots of deliveries in Q2.
... and the monkey.
Yeah I ordered evening of 4/23. Still no VIN. Got all excited yesterday when my EDD moved to 6/20-6/30. Then when I saw that happened to everyone else as well I realized it doesnt mean *sugar* and I’m not special. Prob some automated EDD change up to keep people from messaging them in the APP.

Reactions: cloud surfer
What I want to know is who @Jangy bribed to get their sg/black vin in NJ 4 days after they ordered a month after orders opened when I'm in NY and ordered the same configuration 45 minutes after it went live and still have no vin despite every other sg/black before my order and a decent handful after all having vins.

I know there's no queue but I'd been assuming it was just a north east thing until I saw that... Not sure what's going on with my order. (Genuine congrats to @Jangy though.)

Let's be careful with the alignment pull to the right else we're gonna see a bandwagon effect. Most of us probably know this but I fear some may not...

A vehicle with correct alignment (particularly if there is minimal toe) will pull right on most roads due to road crown. Most roads are sloped down on the right for drainage which will naturally make a vehicle pull right or drift right when you take your hands off the steering wheel. My old Chevy Bolt used to really pull right until one time on a deserted country road where I could see for miles, I drove in the opposing lane for a moment: it pulled left. Not suggesting people do that but there are roads where you can test it: highways come to mind where you can test in multiple lanes as some highways are actually crowned to the left.

Anyway, just be sure to test the pull under various road conditions to be sure it isn't a natural drift. I remember reading long ago how Teslas have an adaptive steering assist where they will actually adapt to road crowns and give you a more neutral feeling over time. I know nothing about that though: just mentioning it here in case it is true and we have to factor that in too. It's also possible that Tesla is using less toe on the new M3P which would also make the car follow the road crown much more noticeably.
It pulls to the right. Not sure what you're trying to be careful of. I made an appointment on the app within the first 100 miles and the cost is $0. I get an alignment with EVERY new Tesla. It is nothing "new" or odd. It's just getting the alignment the way that I like it.

Reactions: M109Rider
What I want to know is who @Jangy bribed to get their sg/black vin in NJ 4 days after they ordered a month after orders opened when I'm in NY and ordered the same configuration 45 minutes after it went live and still have no vin despite every other sg/black before my order and a decent handful after all having vins.

I know there's no queue but I'd been assuming it was just a north east thing until I saw that... Not sure what's going on with my order. (Genuine congrats to @Jangy though.)
The tracker must be off. I am in San Diego. Ordered on 4/23. New order. I got it yesterday. That's basically the EDD I had from the get go.

It pulls to the right. Not sure what you're trying to be careful of. I made an appointment on the app within the first 100 miles and the cost is $0. I get an alignment with EVERY new Tesla. It is nothing "new" or odd. It's just getting the alignment the way that I like it.
Did you read my post? What I want to be careful of is telling everyone who notices a pull to the right to go get an alignment when depending on the road and the alignment specs for this car (which we don't yet know), a slight pull to the right could be perfectly normal.

The tracker must be off. I am in San Diego. Ordered on 4/23. New order. I got it yesterday. That's basically the EDD I had from the get go.
Awesome, that makes me feel much better and confirms that the tracker has gotten horribly corrupted over time. People have marked my record as having a vin 3 times. I think it's that people have tried to sort the sheet but failed to select all columns resulting in jumbled data.

You have to love seeing a message in your app and its just "You could have an Outage-Free Summer" :mad:
My personal favorite is the texts for “earlier delivery options” or some generic message in the APP to a question I asked weeks ago. I keep telling myself don’t get excited, but then I get excited and am completely shut down lol.

Also depressing that there hasn’t appeared to be a single VIN today. Do they just shut down mid week? Don’t they have them Q2 numbers to hit? Lol

The real controversy for us in CA is: what will we do once we get the plates. Since CA vehicle code (5200 through 5206) states both front and rear are required, will people go without the front one cause they hate the look? After i got a fix it ticket for it, rather than switch to drilling into my bumper, there are other solutions that skirt around the law a bit. On my previous BMW's i had custom euro plates made with the correct license number, affixed using high strength 3M automotive double sided trim tape. The more narrow line euro plate looked better than the square one IMO. And it follows the letter of the law and i never did get pulled over with the euro plates on...View attachment 1053296
Cali allow custom plates that's why. People use stuff like this:

Alright guys, I’ve finally got my delivery date! Excited and nervous for my first EV.

Side note, I currently have a ‘19 Honda Civic Type R which I’m selling and was surprised at the increase in my insurance premium ($181 to $276/month). Is the % increase normal?

Attachments

• IMG_5103.jpeg
    IMG_5103.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 2
Alright guys, I’ve finally got my delivery date! Excited and nervous for my first EV.

Side note, I currently have a ‘19 Honda Civic Type R which I’m selling and was surprised at the increase in my insurance premium ($181 to $276/month). Is the % increase normal?
I mean, it depends where you live, but there is a lot more technology, cameras, and other equipment on the Tesla that are a lot more expensive to fix if something happens

Reactions: arkhos