Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After getting a VIN assigned, decided to cancel my order. Only way I qualify for the $7500 is via a lease. Lease money factor on 24 months was .00502 which equates to 12.5% interest rate in the lease. This versus financing at 6.5% effectively eats up the Fed Incentive. No reason the lease rate should be that high. Since I don't qualify for the $7500 on a purchase I decided to just keep my 2022 M3P.

After getting a VIN assigned, decided to cancel my order. Only way I qualify for the $7500 is via a lease. Lease money factor on 24 months was .00502 which equates to 12.5% interest rate in the lease. This versus financing at 6.5% effectively eats up the Fed Incentive. No reason the lease rate should be that high. Since I don't qualify for the $7500 on a purchase I decided to just keep my 2022 M3P.
Wow that is high. My money factor is .00335 for a lease. Still not cheap though.

You don’t qualify because if your income or the color choice of the car? Im

I had been pushed a week and a half ago to July 8th-August 12th. This morning I got updated to June 26-June 30th. Probably doesn't mean anything, but it's such a narrow window that I am wondering if they've got some shipments planned to my area (Oregon) in the coming weeks and expect mine to be in there. I haven't been able to edit my design for 2+ weeks, so I'm hopeful that I've been in the production queue and a VIN will be assigned soon. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: arkhos
My personal favorite is the texts for “earlier delivery options” or some generic message in the APP to a question I asked weeks ago. I keep telling myself don’t get excited, but then I get excited and am completely shut down lol.
"Select a similar vehicle design for earlier pickup"

No Tesla, an SR Model 3 is not a similar design. Offer me a Performance and you've got a deal.

I have a few questions for those who’ve received their VIN #:
1. About how long was it between your last EDD update and getting your VIN #?
2. Is a 5-day range in my EDD a good sign that it won’t get bumped out (or even better, might be pushed sooner)? EDD updated to 6/25-6/30 yesterday, after sitting at 7/6-8/17 for 4-weeks, and I’m trying to decide when I should start uninstalling all the mods and list my old car for sale.
Big thanks in advance!
1) For me: 1 week. But this doesn't mean much so don't bank on it since when the previous EDD window update happened, it was a 3 week push out from late May to late June. So that happens and i think I'm screwed and then a week later i get my vin and then 3 days after that scheduled delivery date. As the over 350 pages of this thread prove: trying to estimate when a vin is going to come in from what the EDD window says and how it's moving is fools gold.

Just do what we all did after a while of seeing all of this same senseless info: ignore the EDD window and what the EDD window is doing (forward or backwards) and be like Nemo, "just keep swimming" (checking your app) just keep swimming, and when you're vin hits, it will be like when you're on your phone on hold and they told you it will be a 23 to 25 minute wait with 7 people ahead of you so you put your phone on speakerphone so you can do other things while you wait and all you hear is a 10 second clip of "Girl From Ipanema" playing over and over and over again and then all of a sudden a live person comes on the phone after only a 8 minute wait and you fumble with your phone in excitement cause you were doing other things and now it's game on. THIS is exactly how it feels and what happens when the vin comes in. When the vin hits, now you're on their radar. Until then, let the EDD changes fly by continuing to listen to the hold music...

Awesome, that makes me feel much better and confirms that the tracker has gotten horribly corrupted over time. People have marked my record as having a vin 3 times. I think it's that people have tried to sort the sheet but failed to select all columns resulting in jumbled data.
Tracker is way jumbled. Not sure if there's a way for someone to recover it without everyone going back in to fix their lines.