Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great news on all the VINs that dropped today. Hopefully my lucky number comes up in the next week or so!
If the trend remains true, there should be even more tomorrow.
1718333074658.png

still unsure if i should tint the windshield at all reading that its critical that the tinter not get water down there and potential liabilities when in accident. its like 300 for Llumar.

i was very close to tinting it at an "affordable" shop in Newark/Elizabeth, but decided to be patient and wait a few days for my local authorized Llumar shop (BoomBoom in Pal Park) to fit me into their schedule. 600 Llumar Pinnacle (no windshield) vs 350 Suntek ceramic (no windshield) vs 590 3M IR ceramic (with windshield) all with half rear (do not want to darken the roof to ruin the view as i use a shade in the summer months and have had bottom half of rear tinted 5% on my previous M3P for 4 yrs and liked it that way (you cannot get rid of factory fade)

Auto Action also has one of the best pricing and they offer valet/free loaner cars.

Where are you getting yours tinted at?
Auto Image - East Brunswick 750 for 3m Ceramic IR Half Rear with windshield and 4 windows. Leaving roof stock.

Reactions: Pete53e
That doesn't explain all of it. Some is uncertainty around battery longevity and the fact that Tesla especially is a "tech car" so the difference between an old one and a new one is more pronounced. Most of it is the factors you said but I strongly suspect that Tesla will continue to have slightly faster depreciation than most cars.
I disagree and agree with M3PDenver.... he summarized the lay of the land very well.

At least for the model 3, before the hypebeast of price hikes started in late 2021... 2018 and 2019 used model 3's had excellent residual value. Old one vs new one "generation leaps" is no more pronounced than some of the big advancements in modern ICE cars. In my opinion, there is absolutely a floor to ev prices; despite what the press says - their long term reliability or least for 10 years, is very very good. Used bolts, and other vehicles show this floor.

@eric135i - you owned your p3d for 45 months. Bought at 50, and just traded it in for 25. 25k of value drop / 45 months = $555 a month lease, with no money down, REAL number - thats damn good. You did great.

People are totally unrealistic about cars and residuals because 1. they've never really looked into the numbers of how much you're getting rail roaded when you buy one, and 2. long term memory loss and only remembering the covid era of silly used car values.

4/23 guy here, 1:05p order time eastern (or 1 hr 5 mins after launch).
Still no VIN.
About to jump off a bridge (not literally).
I'm 5 minutes before you and no vin in NY. We're getting to be a rare breed. There's still about 20 percent or so of day 1 vins not given out, but the first hour only has a half dozen or so of us left if I read the spreadsheet right.

Reactions: jose3030
I disagree and agree with M3PDenver.... he summarized the lay of the land very well.

At least for the model 3, before the hypebeast of price hikes started in late 2021... 2018 and 2019 used model 3's had excellent residual value. Old one vs new one "generation leaps" is no more pronounced than some of the big advancements in modern ICE cars. In my opinion, there is absolutely a floor to ev prices; despite what the press says - their long term reliability or least for 10 years, is very very good. Used bolts, and other vehicles show this floor.

@eric135i - you owned your p3d for 45 months. Bought at 50, and just traded it in for 25. 25k of value drop / 45 months = $555 a month lease, with no money down, REAL number - thats damn good. You did great.

People are totally unrealistic about cars and residuals because 1. they've never really looked into the numbers of how much you're getting rail roaded when you buy one, and 2. long term memory loss and only remembering the covid era of silly used car values.
Agreed with you. I've been on this ride since '21. I put 40k miles in almost 2 years on that car and ended up making a little bit on it. I think another variable that impacts the resale values was the price drops that Tesla did right before. They initially kept increasing the price and the market was OK with it.

And to all a good night!!!

It’s so awesome to see vins rolling in for a bunch of folks, especially after the drought the past week! I’m literally getting flashbacks to being 8 years old and on Christmas Eve.. it may be hard to sleep tonight!
Where in Colorado are you? I’m supposed to be taking delivery tomorrow at 5:30pm at Tesla Aurora but I saw that Tesla flex on instagram had his delivery delayed from 11am tomorrow to Monday at 11 am (Tesla Loveland pickup I believe). A little concerned that will happen to me so I was curious where you are picking up.

The delay wouldn’t be a big deal I just can’t wait to drive it!

I'm 5 minutes before you and no vin in NY. We're getting to be a rare breed. There's still about 20 percent or so of day 1 vins not given out, but the first hour only has a half dozen or so of us left if I read the spreadsheet right.
Yup 4/23 order as well no VIN. Just a few states over. Yesterday it seemed like a lot of VINs came to people west of the Mississippi. Hopefully they’re planning a shipment east of it as well and we will get some VINs today

• Love
Reactions: AJ Henderson