Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery today!

IMG_4420.jpeg

I got “Scarlet” today in Raleigh NC. They said it was the first one delivered besides the Black one that an employee got yesterday.

The Hype is real for this car. Absolutely, absolutely real. Literally everything is better but the stupid buttons instead of the stalks. I will literally never get accustomed to the buttons. NEVER! Such a bone headed thing to do. That is all I will say about that for now.

My car has the steering wheel tilt to the right and it had one hood ding. They said they will schedule an appointment and fix the issues I found. It will be awhile before that appointment happens though. She said they have 102 cars being delivered on Saturday to that location that literally DOESN’T HAVE A SINGLE OPEN PARKING SPOT. I had to Uber there because parking is so bad.

Enough about that. The car is just so great all around. Suspension is better, stereo is better(yes it is boomy but I didn’t mind), sound insulation was MUCH BETTER, steering felt better, road noise was better, and yes even at 49% SOC with a semi cold battery the acceleration was better.

No numbers or Dragy results yet. That is what the track is for. I will do that on Saturday. Full 1/4 mile 100% stock and then maybe gutted on 18s. I am debating whether to lug the wheels down there or not.

I probably can’t run the new one against the old one this weekend. They declared the left lane for drag radials only. I can’t run two street cars side by side that day so I probably will just take the new one. I already have all of the data you could ever want for the old car at that track. I need to sell the old one sooner rather than later so I may just do that tomorrow.

I did one hit at 48% SOC with a cold battery and it lifted the front end so much it spun the front wheels. I have never experienced that in a Model 3 before. Model S Plaid? Yes, but not the model 3.

It will be interesting to see if front end traction is an issue at the track because of lift. May need to add ballast to the front or change the suspension setting.

So much more to come. I am busy adding all of my 3rd party equipment tonight so I probably can’t respond till later.

View attachment 1056355View attachment 1056356View attachment 1056357View attachment 1056358
Love UR/Black. Looking forward to mine! Also looking forward to your continued findings.

The tracker has gone to crap. I just saw two entries for @Jangy (one in SD and one in NJ) and I know he got his car almost ten days ago but it hasn't been updated.

Hard to trust it now. Most people who got their orders didn't bother to fill it out. It looks like there are tons of unfulfilled Day 1 orders but I think most people actually have them already.
I can verify that I'm in SD and that I got my car on 6/3. I updated it then. Not sure what's going on.

Gonna miss that Estoril Blue ♥️

I Loved that color (Estoril). I always bought / leased black / grey / white BMWs before I got an Estoril one, and I loved it so much that in 2018 when the lease was up on my 435 and I decided to get a model 3 performance, blue was the only color I considered. I only have 1 pic of them together, unfortunately....

(from 2018)

IMG_3595.jpg

That doesn't explain all of it. Some is uncertainty around battery longevity and the fact that Tesla especially is a "tech car" so the difference between an old one and a new one is more pronounced. Most of it is the factors you said but I strongly suspect that Tesla will continue to have slightly faster depreciation than most cars.
I guess it boils down to me thinking the main stream is after Tesla right now and I think that's a larger impact than what I see as typical market factors that are impacting all cars that were purchased in the COVID and post COVID era.