Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got to love this thread all sorts on what expensive expensive adder (wrap, wheel, etc) to add to the unnecearry toy we are buying. Folowed by financial advise on the best way to blow our money on the toy. We are buying a new highech premium car and putting extra toppings on top. Finically its wether we are getting punched in the gut, or pimp slapped across the face. Sure there's optimizations, but its like ordering my 32oz rare stake and loaded bake potato with a Diet Coke. I am blowing my money on something fun I really like, just like a kid on that new game system. ( just a lot more expensive but at least it has a built in IRL and digital game system.)

Got to love this thread all sorts on what expensive expensive adder (wrap, wheel, etc) to add to the unnecearry toy we are buying. Folowed by financial advise on the best way to blow our money on the toy. We are buying a new highech premium car and putting extra toppings on top. Finically its wether we are getting punched in the gut, or pimp slapped across the face. Sure there's optimizations, but its like ordering my 32oz rare stake and loaded bake potato with a Diet Coke. I am blowing my money on something fun I really like, just like a kid on that new game system. ( just a lot more expensive but at least it has a built in IRL and digital game system.)
Man, I read this 3 times, and I'm still trying to understand...

Tesla is screwing me now on my trade in. I received a number from them in the S/C, I then bought the car that same day. The app kept showing pending but then a few days ago it updated to a number more than $2k less than what I have in writing from the S/C. This feels like a complete bait and switch scam. I bought based on assumptions from them. Where else are you folks selling your cars?
Sold to CarMax for $100 under Tesla offer. CarMax hands over the check there and then vs. waiting up to 90 days with Tesla.

Tesla is screwing me now on my trade in. I received a number from them in the S/C, I then bought the car that same day. The app kept showing pending but then a few days ago it updated to a number more than $2k less than what I have in writing from the S/C. This feels like a complete bait and switch scam. I bought based on assumptions from them. Where else are you folks selling your cars?
I sold mine a month ago to a local car dealer and got them to price match Carvana after some haggling. Been driving my wife’s old Honda Pilot SUV since then.

Reactions: zeroifex
Sold to a local dealership that works with KBB. I actually got $1k more than what Tesla's trade-in was offering me.

Reactions: Agnstodds
Me too, let me know when we have a translation Lol...
Lmao I think what he was trying to get at is that we are already splurging on the main purchase (the car.. AKA “toy”) and that all of the add ons (wraps, etc) are an unnecessary cost that don’t truly impact the car/experience aside from cosmetically.

The issue is I think he tried to tie in too many metaphors and forgot what the f he was trying to say in the first place :D

Lmao I think what he was trying to get at is that we are already splurging on the main purchase (the car.. AKA “toy”) and that all of the add ons (wraps, etc) are an unnecessary cost that don’t truly impact the car/experience aside from cosmetically.

The issue is I think he tried to tie in too many metaphors and forgot what the f he was trying to say in the first place :D
You forgot the part about getting punched in the gut and pimp slapped lol...

• Funny
Reactions: Sandee3 and arkhos
EDD updated from 6/13-6/30 to 7/28-9/1
Michigan Red/Black
Ordered 4/23

"hello darkness my old friend"
I seriously don’t understand this process lol. There was literally two people yesterday from MI who also ordered 4/23 that got VINs yesterday yet you get extended months. I know EDD are not the most accurate but I can’t even begin to make sense of the reasonings behind this EDD monkey.

Makes sense, still wrapping it in stealth ppf and tinting day 1 unless I love the factory SG paint Lol...I got the SG/White so that the tax credit would pay for my ppf/tint/seramic etc.

Wait, so you got a VIN, couldn't take delivery, so they removed that VIN from you?
Yup. VIN received on 6/2/24 and delivery was set for 6/6. Received a text on 6/4 stating that vehicle needs a firmware update. Then on 6/5 received a text stating the vehicle failed inspection and I would be put back in queue. Sucks because after I scheduled the orginal delivery date, I made a sizable downpayment for financing along with returning my current vehicle 3 weeks prior to its lease end date.

FB marketplace

Reactions: snider00