Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On alignment issues, a slight pull to the right seems common. Now that I've had mine for a week and have had a chance to check it out, mine does follow the crown more than my 2021. I've tested it many times and on the majority of roads where the road is crowned lower on the right for drainage, my car does pull to the right slightly. But on those rare sections where the road tilts down to the left, it pulls left instead. So I wonder if Tesla has new alignment specs for the 2024 M3P that includes less toe than before. Does anyone have access to the Tesla alignment specs?

What a freaking day!

Was in bed this morning reading and my SA called. He tells he sees an available White/black M3P at a Tesla dealership 25 miles from his store. If I want it, he can make it happen BUT there is one catch .. the $7500 tax credit will NOT apply. Please note, I ordered on 5/1 and the build he sees does apply BUT he says .. if you buy this one .. it is at the current pricing level and not at the pricing level when I ordered.

I pleaded with him to make it happen and he says he can not.

After getting up, I tried to look for that available white/black M3P on my app and online and I do not see it. Hell, I will just drive to this Tesla dealership and beg them. As I am driving there, my SA calls me again. He tells me there is an employee at his store and he may not take his M3P and he is deciding now. If he gives it up, it is yours. And this one does get the $7500 (SG/black). We hang up and he calls me 5 mins later .. the employee decided to take it.

GRRRRR!

I get to this other Tesla dealership and they have 2 available: White/black & UR/black. I can take either BUT again the $7500 will not apply. See pic below.

I am told these are the ONLY 2 available M3P in the entire Metro DC area (at the Silver Spring MD location)

I changed my order from SG/black to White/black. Let's see if the Tesla AI monkey assigns the one below to me over the next 2 days ... assuming someone does not buy it this afternoon or tomorrow.

View attachment 1056830
I expected this to happen eventually. I figure at least a few people who ordered before the price increase would end up cancelling their order. But because they ordered any color other than gray, when the unit goes into inventory it adjusts to the current pricing. So at this point someone who doesn’t care (or qualify) for the tax credit will have to buy it. Of course Tesla could adjust the price but they see it as a hot commodity so they are in no rush to discount them.

Welp, I’m returning my screen protectors to Amazon lol.
I used this on my 2021 and it fits (sorta) on the 2024 although it's a bit loose. I think the 2024 panel is actually smaller even though the screen is bigger (narrow borders).

Can someone post a link to the plastic pry tool method of removing the aero covers? Can't seem to find it within these 500 pages of posts.

Bonus points to anyone who can link a good plastic pry tool on amazon. How are ppl buffing out the "marks" the plastic tool makes when removing the covers?
Here's a short on it:

Reactions: arkhos and Sandee3
Can someone post a link to the plastic pry tool method of removing the aero covers? Can't seem to find it within these 500 pages of posts.

Bonus points to anyone who can link a good plastic pry tool on amazon. How are ppl buffing out the "marks" the plastic tool makes when removing the covers?

There are so many on Amazon, take your pick. One of the big ones is what you need.

The marks are made by the clips on the back of the aero inserts more than the pry tool (although that can leave residue too depending on how you do it). I just removed it with a bit of general purpose cleaner like Windex. They aren't really scratches and it's more of a plastic residue. I took the wheels off and removed mine from the back with no pry tool... and the plastic tabs on the aero inserts still left those residue marks.

• Informative
Reactions: sgtauto
There are so many on Amazon, take your pick. One of the big ones is what you need.

The marks are made by the clips on the back of the aero inserts more than the pry tool (although that can leave residue too depending on how you do it). I just removed it with a bit of general purpose cleaner like Windex. They aren't really scratches and it's more of a plastic residue. I took the wheels off and removed mine from the back with no pry tool... and the plastic tabs on the aero inserts still left those residue marks.
Okay thanks just wanted to make sure it wouldn't cause any permanent damage that didn't come off. Are you happy with your decision to remove them? I feel like I am leaning towards removing them. I like the looks and many people have said they make an annoying sound at low speeds.

I do wish I could find a video of the wheels in motion without the aero caps to see how it looks. I saw a video of them with the Aero caps in motion and it looks pretty slick.

Okay thanks just wanted to make sure it wouldn't cause any permanent damage that didn't come off. Are you happy with your decision to remove them? I feel like I am leaning towards removing them. I like the looks and many people have said they make an annoying sound at low speeds.

I do wish I could find a video of the wheels in motion without the aero caps to see how it looks. I saw a video of them with the Aero caps in motion and it looks pretty slick.
Yeah I don't think I'd put them back on. Some people like them on and some like them off. I'd leave them off just because it makes each wheel a tad over a pound lighter which makes the car slightly faster. Could be the difference between a 10.82 and a 10.79 when I go to the dragstrip. ;)

Yep scheduled delivery for Monday at Raintree, but I may need to bump it to Tuesday because I didn't think about the fact that funds transfers from my brokerage to bank account on Saturday might not be there on Monday.
I still can't find you on the tracker. Is your username the same? There are only 9 AZ cars total. Maybe the Google sheet is messed up again.

Dang...today would have been the most perfect coincidence to get my VIN as I literally just sold my car this morning. She's gone! :/ Am I the only one who feels super weird not having a car with the old one gone? It feels like losing a kidney. Luckily I have a backup car to borrow, but I don't want that to drag on for too long. LOL.

How’s it look? I’ll get better pics tomorrow.
1718499984221.png

1718500029328.png

I've never said anything negative about Elon, never broke the 10 commandments, never abused my pets or family, and I've stayed out of trouble my entire life yet my order on 4/24 still has an EDD of 6/18-6/30 without a VIN.

It would seem my only fault is living in the SF Bay Area.

Where did I go wrong?
I don't know where I went right! I ordered 1 hour and 50 minutes after release and ended up picking up my car on 6/6 in Florida. I think I was the second Florida delivery here. Who knows. Maybe the VIN monkey got our names mixed up because I'm pretty sure I'm no angel. 🤣

Reactions: Hebber
Here’s the car boys and girls. I will write an initial impressions review in a few days about what I think about the car. For now, all I gotta say it lives up to the hype and it will be worth the wait.

Attachments

• IMG_3421.jpeg
    IMG_3421.jpeg
    831.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3413.jpeg
    IMG_3413.jpeg
    887.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3414.jpeg
    IMG_3414.jpeg
    806.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3411.jpeg
    IMG_3411.jpeg