Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those of y'all that have taken delivery, what kind of range are you getting?

I have a 260 mile trip that needs to be done in 1 go and need to know if the M3P is going to make it. Speed will be set to 70, highway and in the Southeast so temperature will be warm.
I've been getting about 260-280 Wh/mi at 70 MPH so conservatively 3.5 mi/kWh. I think usable battery capacity is probably around 75 kWh so I think you could make a 260 mile trip in one go, if you are willing to charge to 100% before you leave and if you want to get to your destination on "fumes" as they say.

The amount of poor customer service, from SA not being able to provide any info to just having a VIN with an ever-moving delivery date for a month and a half will make me never purchase a Tesla again unless I can get it day of. Even then, I might just go shop somewhere else. I finally have delivery set for this Saturday. I've also been so upset and confused during this whole process. I really hope you get yours soon and hope you aren't as frustrated as I was because it is very aggravating and wouldn't want people to go through this.

To help put things in perspective a bit.. you’re getting the car in the original estimated delivery month of June.

Yes, the lack of communication from them is frustrating. I also think many people would be better off not checking a forum like this, since it creates a lot of “hey that person already got theirs and I don’t even have a vin…” and other counter-productive thoughts. Or they get too much information to ruminate on…“I heard there was an oven fire, did my car get roasted?” Lol. How people frame the situation is up to them. From excitement and anticipation to anxiety and frustration. All of those feelings are valid.

I had two surprises coming from the 2020. One is that the navigation voice changed. Must have changed sometime between 2020 and now but that was a surprise. Two, the heavy steering setting the the performance is HEAVY. It use heavy in my 2020 and this is heavier.

It's better than my 2020 in every way. The Youtube loading is so fast now with the new processor.

I think it's time to bow out of the waiting room. Good luck everyone.

Reactions: emuloid
I've been getting about 260-280 Wh/mi at 70 MPH so conservatively 3.5 mi/kWh. I think usable battery capacity is probably around 75 kWh so I think you could make a 260 mile trip in one go, if you are willing to charge to 100% before you leave and if you want to get to your destination on "fumes" as they say.

That's cutting it extremely close lol. Not trying to Out-of-Spec it and push it into the chargers.

How long will you be at your parents house? If you purchase the mobile connector, even on 120 outlet you can get 30-40 miles of range in 10 hours.

Usually 6 hours max. I was looking to a CCS vehicle, but public charging infrastructure in South Carolina is essentially non-existent. Tesla is about the only brand that has any presence.

SG/white under $55k in the US. This is Tesla-info inventory tracker. These should also appear on Teslas inventory tracker site. There are others available with paint options that push them above $55k.
View attachment 1058388
I just locked down the demo one in NJ. 45 miles or so. Being in NH I can essentially only get a car from Paramus NJ because reasons. I’m headed down to NY this weekend anyway, about an hour away. Hopefully the car isn’t a disaster and this isn’t a mistake. 😂

There are two grey ones that qualify for the tax credit. I bet those will be gone within the hour. The rest of them are above $55K so they will have to wait for a buyer who doesn’t care (or qualify) for the credit. These are all demo cars but very low mileage.
A few are brand new non demos. Crazy how I’m picking up mine today after waiting for 30 days. Some people can just grab one today. Sucks for those with day one orders still waiting.

Was on a cruise to the Bahamas, came back, took delivery the following day.
IMG_7528.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7528.jpeg
    IMG_7528.jpeg
    583.1 KB · Views: 7
I just locked down the demo one in NJ. 45 miles or so. Being in NH I can essentially only get a car from Paramus NJ because reasons. I’m headed down to NY this weekend anyway, about an hour away. Hopefully the car isn’t a disaster and this isn’t a mistake. 😂
You beat me to it. I'm in PA and it's nearly as close as getting one in Phila. Same concern as you about the condition, but it showed "0" miles so I'm assuming it might have never made it to the sales floor. Best of luck.

Reactions: phantasms
Those of y'all that have taken delivery, what kind of range are you getting?

I have a 260 mile trip that needs to be done in 1 go and need to know if the M3P is going to make it. Speed will be set to 70, highway and in the Southeast so temperature will be warm.
Probably not with speed set to 70, no.

Reactions: DocHolliday
I’m seeing quite a few M3Ps in inventory in Southern California now. Is this because of people switching their orders to LR or are they just catching up with demand?
Could also be people who are putting a hold on their order because Tesla doesn’t offer FSD transfer yet like they promised. I had a performance 3 ready for delivery for next week but I told them to put a hold on my order.