Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can’t wait. Estimated June.

Our 10th tesla in 10 years.

Attachments

• IMG_3208.jpeg
    IMG_3208.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 4
First Post!

ordered 8pmPST 4/25
original EDD: "May/June"
current EDD: "May 24 - June 28"
RN121569
Stealth Grey/white int

I've seen some posts about potential needing push out/delay delivery/pick-up depending on out-of-town situations and I am one of them. I have a 2 week vacation already booked for 6/26 through 7/9 so this being my first Tesla, I am not familiar with how I can go about arranging a pick up window of time or requesting a potential push of delivery with the SA even if that's possible. Anybody have any experience with this?

I looked at the fine print on the Order Agreement and under "Delivery;Transfer of Title" it says to take delivery from 3 days of the date that it's available at the service center. It also says "If you do not take delivery within (14) days of our first attempt to notify you, Tesla may cancel your order and keep your order fee"

So then what if they first contact me the week of 6/17 or week of 6/24 to tell me my car is ready on 6/26 or after when I won't be in town. 14 days after 6/17 is 7/1 (or 14 days after 6/24 is 7/8) and I'm not back in town yet. So my order gets cancelled and I lose my deposit? This would suck since I ordered the day before the price increase and a re-purchase of the same configuration would cost me my place in line but more importantly the $250 deposit and an additional $500!

I would be ok in a push-out to however long, even would be ok in booting me out of my place in line if that doesn't cost me the $500 price increase and the $250 deposit. Shoot, I'd be ok with an August. September or even late 2024 delivery! I have another car I'm driving right now so that's not an issue.

Hopefully I'm being paranoid and all of this won't be an issue or knowing how the delivery with the refresh M3 has been these past several months, maybe the delivery window is not accurate and it will most likely be pushed out again to past mid-July? But knowing that end of June is end of quarter I'm sure they'll want to get as many units out by the end of June as possible.
Long time tesla adopter chiming in…

In the past a buyer would push their delivery date during vacay’s or for whatever reason and the order system would allocate a new delivery date. Simple enough.

The problem started when the sale prices started jumping up and fluctuating to the point where the car being pushed was now $8-10,000 less than current brand new orders being added every day. Tesla started seeing more and more customers pushing deliveries so they could accept at a time when they could flip their car literally next day and pocket $. So to counter this, they did 2 things:

1. They added a clause in all Purchase agreements that if one sells the Tesla within 12 months of ownership, they may be restricted from purchasing a Tesla in the future. Unfortunately many people fell into this even if legitimately selling the car 6 months later ie. wanted a change, dissatisfied, financial etc. but it did help curtail the flipping issue…slightly. Some were banned for life, but still managed to purchase a year later, some reordered under a spouse etc and figured it out.

2. Tesla started arbitrarily cancelling older orders that were pushed more than 3x. Buyers were pushing orders 5-6x in some cases. Usually delivery windows would be rebooked around a 1-2 months so 3x could denote a 3-6 months timeline push after which Tesla could and did resort to cancelling orders. Shady but this also had the desired affect of pushing buyers to accept on time or they lose their deposit and worse relegated to back of the line.

Today I imagine this new clause is to prevent this from occurring again should the 3P be up in price come delivery dafe. And to ensure revenue earned is on time and closer matches the delivery dates.

Solution is to work with your local Service Advisor as you get closer to your exact delivery date. Let them know your vacation and hopefully they can assist in a one time delivery shift past the vacay date. Should be possible if you walk in with your itinerary in hand and show them legitimacy.

Goodluck!

Yikes not good. Is this typical that the final quote after pics are uploaded comes in much less than their initial estimate?
Not in my experience.. the initial quote is for the general condition you stated. Once picture are provided then Tesla does their due diligence and checks damage, accident history, title history, etc. My two tesla trade-in both came back at the original quote and this time 3k more then the original quote.

Long time tesla adopter chiming in…

In the past a buyer would push their delivery date during vacay’s or for whatever reason and the order system would allocate a new delivery date. Simple enough.

The problem started when the sale prices started jumping up and fluctuating to the point where the car being pushed was now $8-10,000 less than current brand new orders being added every day. Tesla started seeing more and more customers pushing deliveries so they could accept at a time when they could flip their car literally next day and pocket $. So to counter this, they did 2 things:

1. They added a clause in all Purchase agreements that if one sells the Tesla within 12 months of ownership, they may be restricted from purchasing a Tesla in the future. Unfortunately many people fell into this even if legitimately selling the car 6 months later ie. wanted a change, dissatisfied, financial etc. but it did help curtail the flipping issue…slightly. Some were banned for life, but still managed to purchase a year later, some reordered under a spouse etc and figured it out.

2. Tesla started arbitrarily cancelling older orders that were pushed more than 3x. Buyers were pushing orders 5-6x in some cases. Usually delivery windows would be rebooked around a 1-2 months so 3x could denote a 3-6 months timeline push after which Tesla could and did resort to cancelling orders. Shady but this also had the desired affect of pushing buyers to accept on time or they lose their deposit and worse relegated to back of the line.

Today I imagine this new clause is to prevent this from occurring again should the 3P be up in price come delivery dafe. And to ensure revenue earned is on time and closer matches the delivery dates.

Solution is to work with your local Service Advisor as you get closer to your exact delivery date. Let them know your vacation and hopefully they can assist in a one time delivery shift past the vacay date. Should be possible if you walk in with your itinerary in hand and show them legitimacy.

Goodluck!
This is great insight, thanks! Sounds like a 2 week vacation is something that they can work around provided i can show the service advisor my itinerary so that they can see the exploitation situations your explaining is not my motivation.

This is great insight, thanks! Sounds like a 2 week vacation is something that they can work around provided i can show the service advisor my itinerary so that they can see the exploitation situations your explaining is not my motivation.
Correct. Just make sure you get it all in writing that your delivery date has been extended to ‘x ‘ date and that it reflects in your app.

Do NOT take a SA’s or managers word for it! Tesla Corp doesn’t act in keeping with dealership locations unless they have sent out written emails and received a written approval from Tesla Corp or Finance.

Just make sure you have a new date set in writing to avoid any potential ‘deletion’ of your order and should be aok 👍🏽

Man it’s been since 2015 for me and the good old days of only Model S and custom service! Back in the day they’d bring you a loaner to your home, take your car for service and bring it back all shined up lol.

Reactions: jv92red
I placed an order on 4/25, RN12155..., EDD: May 26 - Jun 30 as of today.
I still have not got an updated EDD yet, received confirmation email 26th 11pm app showing order date 27th, RN 12157. Still showing June. That means they haven't really looked at my order yet. Hopefully get an updated EDD this week. I just hope it won't be August or September