Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The EDD update I received was on the morning of 5/4…it sounds like the white interiors are getting most of the delays, even though mine is black. It seems like location is also tied to EDD’s. Does anyone know which Giga’s are producing the M3P’s?
It’s going to be location and color. I believe the white seat issue has been resolved as of now as many performance white seat models show delivery in May and June.

It’s going to be location and color. I believe the white seat issue has been resolved as of now as many performance white seat models show delivery in May and June.
I stopped by the Tesla showroom this weekend and was just jibber-jabbing with the associate who greeted me, and the white-seats came up. He said there were still 'some delays' and expected M3P white-seat models to be slower to roll out than black, but that Tesla WAS working on it, so your hypothesis could be on the mark. Then again I see people often comment that the associates often aren't up to date on current info. Crossing fingers for white-seat buyers!

I stopped by the Tesla showroom this weekend and was just jibber-jabbing with the associate who greeted me, and the white-seats came up. He said there were still 'some delays' and expected M3P white-seat models to be slower to roll out than black, but that Tesla WAS working on it, so your hypothesis could be on the mark. Then again I see people often comment that the associates often aren't up to date on current info. Crossing fingers for white-seat buyers!
I don’t think I’ve ever gotten accurate info in the showroom other than the email saying the M3P was out.

Reactions: scrapps and arkhos
My lease offer is ready to approve but still waiting for trade in value. I was hesitant to approve lease as down payment and sale tax could change. Is it still ok to approve the lease now and will it be adjusted accordingly? Does not approving the lease affect delivery estimates? Thanks.

My M3P I bought 4 years ago was a demo model so I got it that day. The Model Y we bought for my wife that we ordered and had to wait for is my only experience preordering one. I remember the EDD moved several times but I can't remember if it only moved out later, and not closer. I recently got my 3rd EDD for July 1 - August 12. Do they ever update and reduce the wait time?

My lease offer is ready to approve but still waiting for trade in value. I was hesitant to approve lease as down payment and sale tax could change. Is it still ok to approve the lease now and will it be adjusted accordingly? Does not approving the lease affect delivery estimates? Thanks.
I messaged Tesla and response I got was to wait until trade in was finalized which I was surprised about. I uploaded pics on Saturday. Not sure how long the process takes but hopefully soon.

Dunno. this is my 1st time getting a trade-in from Tesla. they claimed "visible damage", (there;s no damage), i texted with them, then they said "we are in a declining market" and hence the 5,100 drop.
Sorry that stinks. If they do that to me I guess I’ll look into Carvana. I sold a prior car to the now defunct Vroom and did not have a good experience.