Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a date! Friday, June 7th. I went to the Tesla showroom, gave them my order number and they gave me a date to pick it up at their Fremont facility.

BTW, Now that I sat in the new performance seats, I love them!
So this is telling. Being that you are picking up from the factory, this leads me to believe that that early June is when these will start to roll off the line. What is your color combo?

Reactions: jose3030
I got a date! Friday, June 7th. I went to the Tesla showroom, gave them my order number and they gave me a date to pick it up at their Fremont facility.

BTW, Now that I sat in the new performance seats, I love them!
When you say you got a date... Do you mean your app is showing "Delivery Scheduled for June 7th", or that an advisor looked on their screen and says "We think June 7th"?

Reactions: jose3030
just got an update and I ordered on April 28th located in Temecula CA RN12158****
Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 15.07.46.png

Long time tesla adopter chiming in…

In the past a buyer would push their delivery date during vacay’s or for whatever reason and the order system would allocate a new delivery date. Simple enough.

The problem started when the sale prices started jumping up and fluctuating to the point where the car being pushed was now $8-10,000 less than current brand new orders being added every day. Tesla started seeing more and more customers pushing deliveries so they could accept at a time when they could flip their car literally next day and pocket $. So to counter this, they did 2 things:

1. They added a clause in all Purchase agreements that if one sells the Tesla within 12 months of ownership, they may be restricted from purchasing a Tesla in the future. Unfortunately many people fell into this even if legitimately selling the car 6 months later ie. wanted a change, dissatisfied, financial etc. but it did help curtail the flipping issue…slightly. Some were banned for life, but still managed to purchase a year later, some reordered under a spouse etc and figured it out.

2. Tesla started arbitrarily cancelling older orders that were pushed more than 3x. Buyers were pushing orders 5-6x in some cases. Usually delivery windows would be rebooked around a 1-2 months so 3x could denote a 3-6 months timeline push after which Tesla could and did resort to cancelling orders. Shady but this also had the desired affect of pushing buyers to accept on time or they lose their deposit and worse relegated to back of the line.

Today I imagine this new clause is to prevent this from occurring again should the 3P be up in price come delivery dafe. And to ensure revenue earned is on time and closer matches the delivery dates.

Solution is to work with your local Service Advisor as you get closer to your exact delivery date. Let them know your vacation and hopefully they can assist in a one time delivery shift past the vacay date. Should be possible if you walk in with your itinerary in hand and show them legitimacy.

Goodluck!
Your facts are wrong. My purchase agreement does not say what you stipulate. Nice conjecture, but useless here.

Same they only send text and email when you receive VIN so not holding my breath we will see
Would definitely recommend assuming EDDs are "random dart at a dartboard" values. They change fairly often, swinging by months at a time. Once people start getting VINs, then maybe they'll be more reasonable guesses.
So that first batch of people getting VINs (whenever that happens) will be the best leading indicator of "It's happening!"

Just got an updated EDD. After showing “June 2024” since I ordered on 4/27, it’s now showing 5/28-6/25. I’m cautiously optimistic, but think it sucks for those that ordered earlier and are further away.

Ordered White/Black. Located in Central CA.

Now I’m worried about the delivery location. It automatically selected what was the closest and excluded the new location 20 minutes from my house. Afraid to change to a new, small location from the much larger one currently listed.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Just got an updated EDD. After showing “June 2024” since I ordered on 4/27, it’s now showing 5/28-6/25. I’m cautiously optimistic, but think it sucks for those that ordered earlier and are further away.

Now I’m worried about the delivery location. It automatically selected what was the closest and excluded the new location 20 minutes from my house. Afraid to change to a new, small location from the much larger one currently listed.
I wouldn’t change anything if you have an earlier predicted date right now. Just think about how nice the drive will be in your new car.

Where are you seeing a Delivery Location? My app doesn’t show anything like that