Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Clermont FL has Model 3 Performance their prepping for the show room! Looks nice IRL, I'm not super thrilled about the grey (stinks cause thats my order for the tax incentive) but it may grow on me or worst case I'll wrap it. Hopeful by the time my order gets pulled maybe they'll just make the car MSRP right at limit for incentive with any color option included or something. Maybe too hopeful but I reallly don't understand them pushing their grey agenda on us.
lmao @ grey agenda.
sounds like some UFO conspiracy.

• Funny
Reactions: jiren and hkarthik
This car hasn’t even been available to order for more than a couple weeks. The “front of the line”
People who ordered 4/23 are still waiting. This means production is still ramping up. Once it’s past the EPA or NHTS approvals, cars will start dropping fast. I don’t recall the number but Teala can produce thousands of cars a day… they will likely push these as fast as possible for June.

Let's hope that's true.

It isnt wild if you remember what I said a couple times previously in this thread, which is that EDD dates mean absolutely, positively, unequivocally nothing whatsoever until you get a vin assigned.

Understood but, it's disingenous to post June, period.

In fact, I'd be interested in querying folks that order as of today and seeing how many people ACTUALLY get their car in June.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
2.61s
I'm also comparing to a Model S on a drag strip. I figured I'd look at 65-95 as he's already gaining speed by that point. It's a little disappointing as I measure the M3P at 2.88s and a 2022 S LR at 2.45s. I was hoping it would be a bit closer, or even quicker. Granted it's still quicker than the outgoing model.
On my fastest run with the old car gutted on 18” wheels it took more than 3 seconds for that 60-90 mph and that was an 11.17 @ 120.0 mph 1/4 mile. Taking even .4 seconds off that time would please just about anyone.

I have seen what I need to see for the US car. I am just counting down the days to delivery now. Congrats to everyone with an early US allocation.

img_0510-png.1048539
North Beach, San Francisco

I'm not super thrilled about the grey (stinks cause thats my order for the tax incentive) but it may grow on me or worst case I'll wrap it. Hopeful by the time my order gets pulled maybe they'll just make the car MSRP right at limit for incentive with any color option included or something. Maybe too hopeful but I reallly don't understand them pushing their grey agenda on us.
When trying to eek out every cent, not the first auto maker with production lines to restrict color for efficiencies. LOL.
âTrue or False: Did Ford really say âAny color the customer wants, as long as itâs blackâ?
At least you can get a color if willing to pay for it :p-->😭

Does our M3P have all weather frunk and trunk liners?
It does not come with them standard. I am pretty sure all you get is carpeted mats inside the vehicle.

There are a ton of aftermarket companies that make all weather mats for the model 3.

It is not clear if the current model 3 dimensions are the same as the model 3 before the refresh. Most aftermarket manufacturers only list mats up to 2023.

Got my VIN finally! Had to change the exterior color to White (from SG) which was my second choice. Good that I spoke to the Delivery associate and understood the very low probability of SG production. Anyways was having second thoughts on SG and I think White with Black interiors will be a bit more contrasty.

Estimated Delivery: May 20 - June 04​

When did you change your color??

On my fastest run with the old car gutted on 18” wheels it took more than 3 seconds for that 60-90 mph and that was an 11.17 @ 120.0 mph 1/4 mile. Taking even .4 seconds off that time would please just about anyone.

I have seen what I need to see for the US car. I am just counting down the days to delivery now. Congrats to everyone with an early US allocation.
I plan on grabbing 18” Martians sometime after I melt the stock rubber. What do you think the car is capable of in the 1/4 from showroom with 100 charge?

I plan on grabbing 18” Martians sometime after I melt the stock rubber. What do you think the car is capable of in the 1/4 from showroom with 100 charge?
With a fully optimized battery I predict that the new US Model 3 Performance will look similar to this. However, it is hard to predict the final trap speed since we haven’t seen any 95+ mph data yet.

Make sure 18s fit before you buy them. You might find they don’t help much with acceleration because the stock wheels weigh less than the UberHeavy wheels and the new car is traction limited to 40 mph.

IMG_5873.jpeg