Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Absolute nonsense lol. You’d think a company of this size would have an algorithm that calculates a tighter window using the rate of cars being produced, combined with other data like geographical location, etc.. A 4 week window with a creeping start date EVERY DAY.. is ridiculous 💀

even pizza companies show more detailed information for deliveries
Have you send Window's download bar?

Sooo........ Fremont fire? From what I can find on the net, apparently an oven in the paint shop. I hate to wish bad things for other people but hopefully it was on the MY line. Otherwise I'll put on the big boy pants and wait. Repeat after me, I'm not really in desperate need for a ridiculously well valued sports sedan, really I'm not.
But summer is coming and I want my preconditioning... My children will end up hating my car (ok maybe not just them), after being spoiled by my wife's MYP.

Reactions: Sandee3
Honestly, I feel like we are probably in the safe zone though. I know that another FL member mentioned that there was a ~05/27 delivery for the vehicles -- so our cars are probably with theirs. It is probably already en route.
It was me who mentioned this. I have a delivery date of May 29 through June 5. Speaking with my advisor this weekend in person she showed me her screen that showed an on-site date of the 27th. Doing that math the vehicle should’ve been on the road quite a while ago. Even if they were not, they most definitely were not in the factory and were likely at a holding facility.

Reactions: Lampras
Definitely takes more than a few days. You have to account for the fact that it is not a straight shot, and they are making many stops along the way delivering vehicles.
I would disagree with many stops delivering vehicles.

Let's say they have 20 vehicles to deliver: 10 going to Denver, 10 to New York City. And let's say they have 2 haulers, each holding 10 vehicles.

They're not gonna load each hauler with 5 for Denver and 5 to NYC. They're gonna load 1 hauler with 10 Denver vehicles, and 1 hauler with 10 NYC vehicles. That way, the Denver-bound hauler can drop-off and return to California. And the NYC-bound hauler doesn't have to stop in Denver to unload anything.

Will they make stops for fuel and rest breaks for the driver: absolutely. Will they make many stops throughout the country to drop off 1 or 2 vehicles along the way: nope. They're gonna optimize the routes as much as they can. So yes, a hauler will take longer than you or I could drive cross-country, but it's not like they're gonna be stopping constantly to unload vehicles along the way.

Reactions: AJ Henderson
I would disagree with many stops delivering vehicles.

Let's say they have 20 vehicles to deliver: 10 going to Denver, 10 to New York City. And let's say they have 2 haulers, each holding 10 vehicles.

They're not gonna load each hauler with 5 for Denver and 5 to NYC. They're gonna load 1 hauler with 10 Denver vehicles, and 1 hauler with 10 NYC vehicles. That way, the Denver-bound hauler can drop-off and return to California. And the NYC-bound hauler doesn't have to stop in Denver to unload anything.

Will they make stops for fuel and rest breaks for the driver: absolutely. Will they make many stops throughout the country to drop off 1 or 2 vehicles along the way: nope. They're gonna optimize the routes as much as they can. So yes, a hauler will take longer than you or I could drive cross-country, but it's not like they're gonna be stopping constantly to unload vehicles along the way.
This all seems right, though I’m pretty sure Tesla uses trains to ship to a central eastern location, and then semis break out from there to delivery centers. I could see our delivery windows updating again once the train arrives, and then once the cars get unloaded at the delivery centers.

Yes. A car is only assigned a VIN once it's built. The VIN is essentially a car's serial number for tracking purposes.
I wonder... Tesla is definitely different then legacy automakers. I remember ordering a car back many years ago (Ford Pickup) and the VIN would be assigned before its produced since it does have some specific attributes i picked . Tesla however makes cars in batches and not specific for an order.

Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 8.15.08 AM.jpeg

First day of ED window. Any takers on me getting a VIN and delivery before June 4 ? 👀