Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10am. It sounds like the firmware update is pushing everyone out, but who knows- maybe it's just a matter of having so many cars to process and yours just happened to get under the wire for delivery. Fingers crossed! Can't wait to start seeing the posts of folks with their cars.
Oh no, I’m pretty positive they just gave you a better heads up than me lol. We shall see

The first time I custom ordered a BMW, that I knew they built with exactly what I ordered in it (color, interior, wheels, interior trim etc etc) it was magical. They (BMW) have it down to an art form.

I was able to follow my vin through part of the manufacturing process, through shipping, what boat it was on, to the port in LA, etc. I leased that car but expected to buy it after the lease was up, I was so attached to it. I couldnt make myself buy it after the lease, because I had done such a good job on the deal when I ordered it, and the residual was so out of whack with the real value of the car, I would have thrown away like 8-9k instantly if I had purchased it. I really wanted to, but couldnt make myself do it.

That was Nov of 2018 (if you notice my join date here you likely see where this is going). Since I had planned on purchasing the 435, I had not ordered a new BMW and I wasnt willing to compromise on one on the lot anymore. Looking at other cars, I test drove a model 3 performance. At the end of the test drive I said (basically) "shut up and take my money!". The deposit at that time was like $2500 or something and I didnt care.

I still sort of miss that 435 though.
In 2008 I custom ordered a BMW M3 Sedan, Silverstone Manual with every option. Still one of the only cars I pine for but once it was off warranty I wanted nothing to do with it so I sold it but had the exact opposite as you, somehow I was lucky and had struck such a good deal amid the recession that I had a lot of equity. Always thought I’d end up in another but last year I custom ordered a BMW M1000R Bike and had issues and found out the hard way what *sugar* BMW is honoring warranties so never again! Stupid move on their part as I was contemplating an M5 but decided on Tesla instead

Reactions: jjrandorin
I won't disagree, thus all the disclaimers. But still thought it worth citing.
Of course!

OP of the Facebook post is now claiming his car is getting the update as of 15 minutes ago.

1716594274097.png

Of course!

OP of the Facebook post is now claiming his car is getting the update as of 15 minutes ago.

View attachment 1050284
In my super expert Facebook investigation of his posts/profile, I am inclined to believe this might be true... He also just posted a screenshot of the local weather, citing he will still do some testing despite the weather. Guess we will see..............

Absolutely brutal. “You may have an opportunity to take an earlier delivery…” Gotten that message 3 times 😂😩
View attachment 1050268
They tricked me with the same message same time haha. Must have had some LR inventory free up in Chicagoland. No VINS for our area yet, huh? I imagine we're a large market (and pretty far from the factory) so we get a transload all to ourselves