Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 1050528

All good things come to those who wait! Meditate! Go to the movies! Binge the entire Dr. Who catalog, build a time-machine or go to sleep in one of those cryo-lab tubes... Distract yourself with other things.

And keep coming here for moral support!

We'll get there! Tesla -wants- to get these cars in our driveways.

Besides, I am find seeing others get VINs and deliveries - it means the flow has started and that's fewer people still waiting ahead of the rest of us! :)
You forgot Camp out on the forum looking for any news about people getting their new cars

My order seems to be an outlier from everyone else. I am literally in a 2 week EDD window starting today, and yet I have no VIN. Maybe because of my location, they will just send a black/black car at the last minute and I will get a VIN and scheduled delivery window notification all at once.

There goes my productivity and scheduling for the next two weeks.
I don't think it's that much of an outlier. I had an EDD of May 12 - 25. Once May 12 hit, it went to May 13, etc. This happened all the way until May 18 when it changed to May 26 - June 9. Now it's May 25 and I'm guessing tomorrow my EDD will change at 7am to May 27 - June 9.

#EDDsMeanNothing

Omg. I just saw the picture and that grass behind the drivers side window made it look like the glass was completely cracked. I thought the post was going to be about you getting your heart broken lol. Glad it’s not the case and congrats!
Oh wow I hadn't even noticed that! In Arizona that's what we call "plants" haha. But the car is in perfect shape! Delivery center did a great job getting it all ready and all, super pumped!

...must...resist...... getting caught up in the excitement and ordering a new MP3 to replace my 2018..... must... resist....
I had totally planned to resist upgrading my 2018 Model 3, and then the second someone told me I could order the new M3P, I dropped everything and did it. I'm still not even totally sure how it happened so fast...

I do find it a bit odd...

Not complaining at all, just a bit surprised. I assume a bunch of us will all pop-up at once, in time.

I think the nearest tracker VIN is... SLC or central Cali... of course there might be others out there with VINs in our area that aren't on the list, or not even on the forum. But it does just feel a little strange with well over 300 people listed, not a single one is in our area.

Fingers crossed! :)
Yeah I have a low number too. 12153 so as soon as I see any pnw VINS I’d expect mine at the same time. I ordered within minutes. White/black

Not to go too far off topic but I do want to comment to all of the non-US people out there who say they are getting a bum deal with their lesser power LG pack cars.

Yeah, I get it. We feel your disappointment and it's warranted. But we in the US have been on the other side of things in the recent past as well so we know how it feels to be given a lesser performing variant of a relatively affordable sports car in this very same performance segment than what was given to the European market at the time.

It was the BMW E36 M3.

Allow me to explain to the younger crowd and the non BMW enthusiasts who are unaware of this.

Back in 1995 when the E36 version of the M3 was released to the American market, the European market was already using the S50B30 motor for their M3's which produced 282hp for their 92-95 M3 model years. The US did NOT get this same euro spec motor in 95', we got the S50B30US version which produced 240hp. And it looks like Canada imported 45 M3's with the eruo spec S50 motor. US version is down 42 HP to the euro M3 for what appears to be no apparent reason. (If someone knows why, please comment)

Ok fine, BMW will make this right for the US market for subsequent model years. NOPE! Not only did we not get the 282hp motor that they were already using, we didn't get their next higher HP E36 motor either!

In 1995 for the European market, BMW replaced the S50B30 with the S50B32 for ONLY their market for their 95 to 99 M3 model years. Power increased from 282hp to 321hp

In the US and Canada, we didn't get a higher performing S50 motor that we thought we would for the 1996 model year. What did we get? A new US and Canada spec S52 motor. And how much 'more' power did this new S52 motor produce? None! It also produced 240hp like the previous S50 US spec'd motor. For the US M3 model, this S52 US North America motor continued on to the 1999 model year with the same spec'd motor, while in Europe they all got the 321hp motor.

81 more HP in a very capable 3,100 lb E36 chassis will be felt on the track and at the strip. Wonder how nice an already great car the E36 M3 would have been with 81 more HP.... Hmmm I don't know, maybe our European friends can tell us! ;)
lmao this is some powerful hate

• Funny
Reactions: jv92red
Clearly just did based on his update
But basing anything on an early EDD is a fool’s errand. I’m sure his EDD will change 4+ times before he actually has a car. It will change to August and beyond and then will reel back in as a VIN nears.

But telling someone to get in line and telling them how to feel is not real friendly. We all want our cars, but don’t need to turn into b-holes on the journey.

So I didn’t have the trade in section “completed” I had clicked trade in but didn’t fill it out because wanted a VIN first. Do you think this was delaying my vin? I just switched to no trade in so it would list it as complete because it’s freaking me out now. Did I screw myself?