Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ah yes, that shifted the importrange... fixed!

i also updated the payment dropdown to default to "Unknown" so those are counted in the chart as well (per the comment left there); there are still a few locked cells, so had to leave those as-is.

here's how our glorious charts look now:
View attachment 1050631
Beautiful! Did that many people really pay cash, or are they considering 3rd party financing as cash?

I would strongly recommend against using summer tires in weather that cold. In fact, the tire warranty does not even cover issues resulting from driving the car below 45 degrees F. The reason for this comes down to the differences in the materials used. In cold weather, summer tires become brittle. This likely wouldn't be too pronounced at temperatures around 40-50, but the colder it gets, the more risky driving on summer tires becomes. I hope they will start offering the car with all season tires as an option, since we are already seeing EDDs past September.

I had the same plan as you, to eat through the tires and then replace them with Pilot Sport all seasons, and am in the same delivery date range. Let's hope they have an all season option, or even better, we both get pushed forward to June
I will say even though i did not experience problems with my summer tires through 2 winters, when it came time to replace them I went with the Pilot Sport All seasons as well

Never owned a car with summer tires yall. Will I be ok to run them year-round in southeastern coastal NC? I was planning on eating through these perellis this summer then replacing them with Pilot sport all season 4s, but EDD is now late July-August.😭. Temps in the winter here are a low of mid 30s.

Also side question are they going to deliver this car with summer tires in the northern US in the winter?
Summer is fine as long as there is no snow (the risk is yours). Some tires, like the Michelin Cup 2 CAN'T be driven in freezing temps, destroys the compound. In this case, you just have to deal with nearly no deep treads if it snows. Extreme summer performance is different than summer tires.

Never owned a car with summer tires yall. Will I be ok to run them year-round in southeastern coastal NC? I was planning on eating through these perellis this summer then replacing them with Pilot sport all season 4s, but EDD is now late July-August.😭. Temps in the winter here are a low of mid 30s.

Also side question are they going to deliver this car with summer tires in the northern US in the winter?
Mine is the same batch as yours, I’m up in Greenville, NC. We will have ours in June, don’t worry.

Reactions: D Good
Please send me your summer tires. I will dispose of them properly. :cool:

"dispose of" /nod 🤣
Screenshot 2024-05-25 at 7.49.18 PM.png

If they do indeed have an NDA embargo, I would imagine the NDA likely covers discussing the NDA itself.
First rule of fight club: don't talk about flight club logic. ;)

But then you might still get the answer by asking the right question.

Asking “are you planning on posting any 1/4 miles times or anything else pertaining to the M3P review?”

You’ll either hear “no”. Or “I can’t discuss that”.

Or likely, you won’t get any answer either way if it’s just on social media and not during an actual 1on1 conversation.