Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the seats! sheesh they feel great as far as build issues. it seems like i lucked out and didn’t see anything that was wrong. lol only issue i had was i didn’t understand how to pull the wheel out or even adjust the mirrors out before driving.

lucky for me the position i left them in while driving off were sufficient enough. maybe i was a bit nervous and wasn’t reading the directions clearing on the adjustments. now that im home ill adjust them to be more optimal.

Congrats! I think yours and mine are twins (Red/White) if I remember right?

I keep walking out into the garage just to look at it and gawk. Other thing that struck me, opening the door in a dark garage. The interior lights are bright and a crisp shade of light such that the white interior just POPS! Previous car was black interior, but the interior lights were nowhere near as bright. Not even a comparison.
congrats again. this thing is a fantastic car. i got stealth grey but we can will be twins comrade!

How do you find the seats? Enough room to not feel squeezed? I've sat in some performance car seats that while great for spirited driving can be somewhat confining on a day to day basis. TIA

Just to add another data point, I’m 6’3 and change 255-260, and have broad shoulders, and the seats were really comfortable when I sat in them yesterday. I felt supported/hugged, but not squeezed.

I will miss not having an extending thigh cushion, but otherwise I am thrilled with the seats.

Word of caution for everyone, I had enabled the auto shift out of park option. It was doing well until the one time I didn't look what it picked, I thought it was an obvious "I wanna go forward", but it thought backwards. Tapped the accelerator and was shocked at the backwards motion. It was clear back there, so no damage or anything, but it was an unpleasant shock to move in reverse when I wasn't expecting it!

If you use the feature, double check its choice! For me, switched off. Maybe I'll try again in a few more software updates where they claim to make it smarter.

Word of caution for everyone, I had enabled the auto shift out of park option. It was doing well until the one time I didn't look what it picked, I thought it was an obvious "I wanna go forward", but it thought backwards. Tapped the accelerator and was shocked at the backwards motion. It was clear back there, so no damage or anything, but it was an unpleasant shock to move in reverse when I wasn't expecting it!

If you use the feature, double check its choice! For me, switched off. Maybe I'll try again in a few more software updates where they claim to make it smarter.
You can also hear the difference. Upward or downward dual-tone while "gear" is selected (either auto or man). It takes a while to get used to it!

I’ve had goodluck with it so far. Only time is when I pulled into a spot forward, and when I went to leave it was clear in front (no car in front or even to the sides) and it chose reverse. That’s probably proper behavior but I overrode it and chose forward

Yeah… I plan on immediately disabling that. Good ideA, but can have issues. Like that lady where it backed her into the water 😬. I’ll pick myself which way to move out of park, thank you very much.

Question: Can I trade my car in earlier at Tesla? My offer expires June 4th, but I know my car won’t be here by then. So can I trade in my car on an earlier that and just wait for the Tesla?
Pretty sure someone posted the answer to that a while ago, it was a no.

(No personal knowledge, just remembering a prior post someplace many many pages back).

Yeah… I plan on immediately disabling that. Good ideA, but can have issues. Like that lady where it backed her into the water 😬. I’ll pick myself which way to move out of park, thank you very much.
I missed that story. So far, I'd rather have the stalks for both that and turn signals. Hasn't become habit yet so I always have to consciously think about it. At least I'm no longer trying to swipe at a stalk that's not there! Gonna call that progress.

I missed that story. So far, I'd rather have the stalks for both that and turn signals. Hasn't become habit yet so I always have to consciously think about it. At least I'm no longer trying to swipe at a stalk that's not there! Gonna call that progress.
Yeah… she drowned unfortunately 😟I’ll go ahead with a PSA for everyone as well… know (and show your family!) how the emergency door open works if no power to the car:
Edit: typos

I can’t upload a photo of the car because apparently file is too large. But picked up!!
IMG_0661.jpeg