Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same feeling somewhat. Loving the white seats (have them for about 4,5 years now in my 2019 M3P), and was planning to order them again in my next config, but the combo with Ultra Red isn't that great as I thought. Like you said, too much going on, and the white seats distract from the awesome Ultra Red exterior. I saw a LR Ultra Red with white interior almost next to a with black interior, and the one with black was the better combo.

Still in doubt sometimes, because the white sport seats are looking great up close. But the door inlays are too big, and if you zoom out and get the Ultra Red in the same view, it makes less sense. I would take the white seats with every other exterior color.
I’m so close to switching this to Black/white ! Argh..from Red/black. I also saw a red LR highland today and it was ‘ok’. Back area was nice but overall it just seemed close to MC red just a bit deeper.

Oh and the red tail lamps also not the same Ultra red colour…normal brake light red. So now we have 3 reds going on…back tails, calipers and the actual Ure!

Black is starting to appeal…meaner aggressive look but also the contrast to white int works :)

IMG_2725.jpeg

Word of caution for everyone, I had enabled the auto shift out of park option. It was doing well until the one time I didn't look what it picked, I thought it was an obvious "I wanna go forward", but it thought backwards. Tapped the accelerator and was shocked at the backwards motion. It was clear back there, so no damage or anything, but it was an unpleasant shock to move in reverse when I wasn't expecting it!

If you use the feature, double check its choice! For me, switched off. Maybe I'll try again in a few more software updates where they claim to make it smarter.
Just keep an eye on the screen to see if your back up camera kicks on.

I’m so close to switching this to Black/white !

Black is starting to appeal…meaner aggressive look but also the contrast to white int works :)

If you are even mildly detail oriented - I would advise you to not get black (stick with your red on black order). Tesla's paint isn't great to begin with, and this is a solid black, with no pearl or metallic in it - i.e. its the hardest color to maintain, by far. Ultra red appears to be their highest quality paint, and red is naturally easier to maintain than black.

Reactions: arkhos
Spirit twins then! Hah.

There was someone else in here whose screen name started with a "J" who I think was Cali I got confused with. There's not a bad color choice in the lineup, they all do look good.
10000%. This is one of the few cars I've seen where I like -every- color. I have my favorites, like some over others, but even the last color on my list would be suitable if that's all that was available, they're all just that good (in my opinion).