Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like you're all set for it! I found Chemical Guys brand stuff about 6 yrs ago when I got my previous one, and like their products. I'm nowhere near what people would call a "car guy" so I'm not gonna be as picky as most. But their stuff actually smells delicious going on and not chemical-ey, which I like.
They have two polish products: Whitelight (for light colored cars) and Blacklight (obv for dark cars). The Whitelight would make my previous (silver) car shine so much in the sun that it hurt to look. Moved the car back into the garage when it wasn't super bright outside but the Blacklight, so far, seems to have done similar effect, it was hurting to look.

I've never Ceramic'ed a car before, and I got the Chemical Guys ceramic coater that was kinda like this gloppy gel. Hoping I did it right. It was harder to buff off than I expected, took two towels and passes to get what I (hope) is all of it. Usually the most I do is the wash and their "Butter Wet" wax which goes on/off very simply without much effort. In reality, I prob should just hire someone who knows what they're doing very well, but I it's looking good to me, so I'm happy! :).
Nice. I’ve had cars done but last year took the plunge of DIY on motorcycles using Gyeon Synchro line which I loved. Then I did two cars with Adams Graphene which I’m not crazy about. This time I’m giving the DIYDetail/C6 line a whirl with this new (stupidly over-priced) Hydo Lite product I’m hopeful it’s as easy to apply and epic as the reviews seem to indicate.

DIY Detail and their more pro line C6 stuff are amazing easy to use products! I use a lot of their products…might even do the Hydro Lite on my new M3P?
That’s what I got. I recently used Adams and was not a fan. My go to has been Gyeon Synchro EVO which I love, so surprised I’m switching it up by the Hydro Lite looks impressive so we will see if it’s worth the huge price.

• Informative
Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
Went to May 26 - June 2. I’m going to stop updating if it just increments one day at a time and update when I get an appointment. Encouraging to see a Camarillo pickup earlier.
Similar situation for me but at least they cut 4 days off the range end to June 4th. I was concerned about getting bumped to a later date like others but I'm feeling cautiously more confident now. It's time to get serious about placing ads (and soliciting dealer offers) for my beloved '18 Model 3 LR. I had a CarMax offer (through Recurrent) for $23k but it expired as I didn't want to let it go until I knew delivery was close.

IMG_4102.jpeg

That’s what I got. I recently used Adams and was not a fan. My go to has been Gyeon Synchro EVO which I love, so surprised I’m switching it up by the Hydro Lite looks impressive so we will see if it’s worth the huge price.
The quality and ease of use are honestly what make DIY/C6 stuff so good! Gyeon stuff is amazing as well though, but I prefer DIY.

Also, the odometer already reads 15 miles....not sure if that is typical....thoughts???

This thread moves super fast, but I mentioned this way back on page 123

Tesla normally puts something like 15 miles on the Paperwork ( and people freak out about it, and post threads about "why does my new car have 15 miles on it already?!?!?!?!") but the actual amount of miles depends on whether they need to move it around for deliveries etc. Normally somewhere between 6-12 or so I think.

I need a separate thread just for m3ps getting tinted and upgraded now. Need to see what i want to do with this bad boy once I get it next week. Said it before but going 70% windshield and 20% all around but wondering if I should go darker since the white seats make it so bright inside. Maybe 50% windshield but I dont want to mess with my vision at all at night
I personally think 35% on the sides with good film (Xpel or Llumar) is the way to go. Looks great. Blocks heat/uv. Good visibility at night. Doesn’t attract attention from cops. I’ll probably go 80% on windshield because I almost don’t to see any tint. YMMV

I have a delivery scheduled for Tuesday but I am now having second thoughts on if I should lease or pay cash. I have to make sure with my accountant if I would qualify for the credit as it was pretty close last year and wont this year, so might register the car under my sisters name to take full advantage of the 7500 before I pay all cash. Anyone know how last minute I can change these things, can I decide on the spot when i am at the service center about to pick up?

I have a delivery scheduled for Tuesday but I am now having second thoughts on if I should lease or pay cash. I have to make sure with my accountant if I would qualify for the credit as it was pretty close last year and wont this year, so might register the car under my sisters name to take full advantage of the 7500 before I pay all cash. Anyone know how last minute I can change these things, can I decide on the spot when i am at the service center about to pick up?
I think as long as you take delivery before end of year, your last years income is fine

Reactions: JezzaE
I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong but I’m using zip code 91911, not selecting a trim, and the most expensive car that shows up is still under $40K. Selecting the AWD trim brings those up but still not the M3P.
I forgot to mention, you can only do this on the app if your not yet assigned a vin. If you're on the website it won't show up, and if you are on the app and you have been assigned a vin you will no longer have the option in the app to take delivery of a car sooner in inventory.

Reactions: OCR1