Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3P Real World Testing

3.04 0-60 on a gravely LA road is really impressive. He didn’t show the number with rollout subtracted, but it was probably 2.85 ish, so this car is beating Tesla’s speed claims. I am really looking forward to the first person to post times from a drag strip or similarly prepped surface. Would love to see 2.9 0-60 and 10.9 1/4 mile times. It feels like it’s there, I’d just want to see it haha.

Last edited:
3.04 0-60 on a gravely LA road is really impressive. He didn’t show the number with rollout subtracted, but it was probably 2.85 ish, so this car is beating Tesla’s speed claims. I am really looking forward to the first person to post times from a drag strip or similarly prepped surface. Would love to see 2.9 0-60 and 10.9 1/4 mile times. It feels like it’s there, I’d just want to see it haha.
I was getting a little nervous as he is basically flooring it while pointed at pedestrians. I mean he didnt say it was a slalom test

UR/B, ordered 4\23, no vin, EDD 6/3-6/17. I'm really not in a hurry to get it now. Seriously. I went to the Orland Park, Il gallery today, to look at a UR/W display model. Very disappointed with the QC on the paint. Orange peel, small fisheyes, and numerous artifacts in the paint. As I walked up to the car for the first time, my eyes were drawn to something on the drivers side rear fender. I thought it must be a reflection or something. It was some piece of debris that was on the car, that got painted over. It was maybe 1/16" diameter, maybe slightly smaller. Big enough for me to see it from 5-6 feet away. After seeing that I spent probably 20 minutes looking at the paint job. All I'm going to say is, if my car looks like that, we're not going home together. I'm certainly not making final payment before I give the car a very close inspection. I didn't see anything else on the car that wasn't nice, but the paint quality was a serious buzz kill. I'm too old to deal with that BS after taking delivery. I saw an SG/W one that hadn't been cleaned up for delivery, I noticed the orange peel but the car was pretty dirty and outside on a very bright sunny day, so I didn't really look that closely at the paint. Tesla really really need to figure out how to paint an automobile.
I can agree with most of your concerns, especially the painting over debris, that doesn't sound good at all, while i would be interested in seeing a pic of that out of curiosity.

Where i don't agree is your issue with orange peel. I get it, you don't want to have to spend the money after you buy a new car for paint correction. Most new cars have some degree of orange peel with their clear coat. If we're talking a Bentley, or Ferrari or any high end auto manufacturer, no, they will buff the clear coat before it leaves the factory so that there won't be ANY orange peel. Every car I've ever bought new had some degree of orange peel. I'm 100% ok with it. Why? Cause unfortunately i couldn't afford a Ferrari, and i know it can be easily corrected by having the car buffed out.

I'm not a car detailer but I've had several cars (bought new and bought used) paint corrected. Some of them needed intense correction because of swirl marks, some just light correction to remove orange peel.

Reactions: Dayreg and sgtauto
I can agree with most of your concerns, especially the painting over debris, that doesn't sound good at all, while i would be interested in seeing a pic of that out of curiosity.

Where i don't agree is your issue with orange peel. I get it, you don't want to have to spend the money after you buy a new car for paint correction. Most new cars have some degree of orange peel with their clear coat. If we're talking a Bentley, or Ferrari or any high end auto manufacturer, no, they will buff the clear coat before it leaves the factory so that there won't be ANY orange peel. Every car I've ever bought new had some degree of orange peel. I'm 100% ok with it. Why? Cause unfortunately i couldn't afford a Ferrari, and i know it can be easily corrected by having the car buffed out.

I'm not a car detailer but I've had several cars (bought new and bought used) paint corrected. Some of them needed intense correction because of swirl marks, some just light correction to remove orange peel.
So orange peel from what I’ve read might take more clear coat to remove than is prudent so probably better to live with it

• Informative
Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
BTW for all black/black folks, my EDD hasn't moved at all for a week or so.

May 31 - June 14 is what it says now.
Tracker spreadsheet updated.

Hey we don't see color here. 😄 I do wish they wouldn't be so fickle with their pricing from one day to the next. There have only been a handful of deliveries and already 3 different price points.

Oh you bought a plaid? bam half price now lol..

Not shelling out $5k for that.
I got it on my 2020 just so I didn t have to look at rock chips all over my bumper in a few years.
IMG_0377.jpeg