Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can we talk about why the car world hates us for a minute? I just heard a dude that took delivery call a screwdriver a screw bar. Guaranteed cannot change a tire. Anywho, delivery date that was pushed out to July/August is now June 7th-June 21st. Ordered day 1 black/black in SoCal.

Reactions: RizA
Can anyone provide a list of cars (aside from Plaids and Cyberbeast) that have faster 0-60 times than the new M3P? I imagine the list is not very long. Want to be clear on my bragging rights once I get it.
List of all cars faster than 2.9 sec? List may be longer than you think. Per WIKI i count over 40 cars?
The real flex is having a new 2024 model car offered at under $70k that can do 0-60 in under 3 seconds. If there is another mass production car (ICE or EV) that meets that criteria I'd be curious on what that (or they)would be.

List of all cars faster than 2.9 sec? List may be longer than you think. Per WIKI i count over 40 cars?
The real flex is having a new 2024 model car offered at under $70k that can do 0-60 in under 3 seconds. If there is another mass production car (ICE or EV) that meets that criteria I'd be curious on what that (or they)would be.
Maybe the Ionic 5 N is close but if you go $55k and under nothing faster

Maybe the Ionic 5 N is close but if you go $55k and under nothing faster
For the Ionic 5N, Car & Driver shows 3 seconds with a .2 second 1ft rollout omitted.

Screenshot_20240528-212943_Chrome.jpg

Can anyone provide a list of cars (aside from Plaids and Cyberbeast) that have faster 0-60 times than the new M3P? I imagine the list is not very long. Want to be clear on my bragging rights once I get it.
The thing is that a lot of those "faster" cars aren't faster in the real world. The fastest car I found was the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon 170. It's 0-60 is 1.66 seconds. But the conditions and the driving have to be PERFECT (enthusiast driver, on a track in the right temperature, no passenger seat, etc.) to achieve that time. Based on what I've seen, a novice driver in a new Tesla M3P would consistently beat the Dodge at a stoplight on a regular street. Good drivers get about 3.2 / 3.3 seconds in the Demon outside of perfect conditions. I think a lot of fast ICE cars are like that.

The thing is that a lot of those "faster" cars aren't faster in the real world. The fastest car I found was the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon 170. It's 0-60 is 1.66 seconds. But the conditions and the driving have to be PERFECT (enthusiast driver, on a track in the right temperature, no passenger seat, etc.) to achieve that time. Based on what I've seen, a novice driver in a new Tesla M3P would consistently beat the Dodge at a stoplight on a regular street. Good drivers get about 3.2 / 3.3 seconds in the Demon outside of perfect conditions. I think a lot of fast ICE cars are like that.
My old E55 was like that. It could get loose at 60mph. That Dodge can probably pull hard though once it hooks up

Reactions: xianking