Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Were you wearing a tracksuit? Did you lube your entire body with vaseline? Proving the mod's point about how subjective things are.

I wonder if they got that dLo guy. You mean to say police aren't buying that people are teleporting to Mexico for 1/4 mile runs?

This comment cancels out the other opinion about it being a water park slide lol.

Yeah I’m really curious what the ride quality is like now. I prefer a sportier suspension and stiff chassis so I don’t need it to ride like a cloud. @MountainPass @UnpluggedP have any options coming out that retain the factory dampers?

Great photos. -5 pts again for the lipstick on the Tesla logo.
We have yet to release any information on what will work with the factory dampers, but we will have content posted very soon! Stay tuned.

Does anyone know when to expect the purchase agreement? I am looking to pass it along for 3rd party financing

I have the VIN and EDD is June 9-15 I imagine I'll get it about a week out from delivery, or when I'm able to schedule it. SA said I should have it in the app, but then haven't heard back for two days, I imagine they got a bit busy. Tried calling earlier with no luck.

Picked up mine yesterday. Holy moly. My Taycan 4S Cross Turismo will be sitting in the garage for a while. M3P is a great bang for the buck. I think BMW M and MB AMG divisions will have to do some rethinking. This is some serious performance for $53k. Acceleration judging by my butt dyno is way better than the 4S, I actually like the M3P vs my X Plaid (too fast). The M3P is the perfect balance. The X Plaid is very fast, but no so great in the handling dept. The air suspension is too soft/floaty compared to my 4S, the M3P suspension is very close to 4S, not as planted on the curves. But I will have to wait for the weekend to take both cars out to do some canyon runs back to back. But for 1/3 the price of the 4S, even if it only does 60% as good. it's already a great bargain. I'm thorough impressed by the M3P. Never drove the previous M3P, so can't compare. I have a 2017 M3 (1st 1k VIN), and of course, there's no comparison to build quality alone, there's no performance comparison. Car is QUIET!! I think the Tacan is more quiet, but compared to my old Model 3 and the previous 2 gens of Model X, it's very good. I think it's just as good as the noise isolation in the current Plaid X if not better.

The bluetooth was not doing very good when I drove the car home, it's constantly connecting and disconnecting to my phone when streaming music. Will have to unpair, and pair it again to see if that fixes it.

One annoying visual issue. The chrome line that's part of the ambient lightning LED strip that runs across the dash, reflects onto the windshield during the middle of the day, and it's a distraction. not bad, but it's constantly there once you see it. I'm surprised Tesla didn't noticed this during testing. Very annoying.

Zero issues during pickup, as in I can't find a single flaw to reject pickup. This is my 5th Tesla, and every pickup in the past had some issues, that requires going back to the shop after pickup.

Bucket seats are firm but supple (wait, what am I describing here?), wife loves M3P buckets, hates kidney pinching Porsche 18-way buckets. I love the Porsche seats, but the M3P buckets are really really good. too bad they're not adjustable.

I think if M3P was available when I was buying my Taycan 2 years ago, I would have a great regret doing so. But at the time, the Taycan was the best driving EV I can get. I think the M3P is lot of car for the money. LOVE IT!! Tesla knocked this out of the park. Of all 5 Teslas I own. '16 X 90D, '17 M3, '22 X Raven LR, '22 X Plaid, '24 M3P. This is the best Tesla IMHO. That suspension, whatever they're doing, spread it across the entire lineup.

-ThinkMac-
great review, thanks! sounds like we'll need some kind of chrome delete for the ambient lighting strip? 🤔

Hang in there, you're a day closer than before and it'll be worth it in the end!
Are you one of the people with Burbank delivery? Super weird but my car exterior was covered in dead mosquitos (I’m being dramatic but no joke at least 20-30 on the car). Weird cause it looked clean and I’m sure they had to wash it after transport.
That was the only thing I could find wrong 🤪 car is otherwise perfection

We have yet to release any information on what will work with the factory dampers, but we will have content posted very soon! Stay tuned.
Just saw your post about the wheel weights. Thanks for the info!

1716944112194.png

Picked up mine yesterday. Holy moly. My Taycan 4S Cross Turismo will be sitting in the garage for a while. M3P is a great bang for the buck. I think BMW M and MB AMG divisions will have to do some rethinking. This is some serious performance for $53k. Acceleration judging by my butt dyno is way better than the 4S, I actually like the M3P vs my X Plaid (too fast). The M3P is the perfect balance. The X Plaid is very fast, but no so great in the handling dept. The air suspension is too soft/floaty compared to my 4S, the M3P suspension is very close to 4S, not as planted on the curves. But I will have to wait for the weekend to take both cars out to do some canyon runs back to back. But for 1/3 the price of the 4S, even if it only does 60% as good. it's already a great bargain. I'm thorough impressed by the M3P. Never drove the previous M3P, so can't compare. I have a 2017 M3 (1st 1k VIN), and of course, there's no comparison to build quality alone, there's no performance comparison. Car is QUIET!! I think the Tacan is more quiet, but compared to my old Model 3 and the previous 2 gens of Model X, it's very good. I think it's just as good as the noise isolation in the current Plaid X if not better.

The bluetooth was not doing very good when I drove the car home, it's constantly connecting and disconnecting to my phone when streaming music. Will have to unpair, and pair it again to see if that fixes it.

One annoying visual issue. The chrome line that's part of the ambient lightning LED strip that runs across the dash, reflects onto the windshield during the middle of the day, and it's a distraction. not bad, but it's constantly there once you see it. I'm surprised Tesla didn't noticed this during testing. Very annoying.

Zero issues during pickup, as in I can't find a single flaw to reject pickup. This is my 5th Tesla, and every pickup in the past had some issues, that requires going back to the shop after pickup.

Bucket seats are firm but supple (wait, what am I describing here?), wife loves M3P buckets, hates kidney pinching Porsche 18-way buckets. I love the Porsche seats, but the M3P buckets are really really good. too bad they're not adjustable.

I think if M3P was available when I was buying my Taycan 2 years ago, I would have a great regret doing so. But at the time, the Taycan was the best driving EV I can get. I think the M3P is lot of car for the money. LOVE IT!! Tesla knocked this out of the park. Of all 5 Teslas I own. '16 X 90D, '17 M3, '22 X Raven LR, '22 X Plaid, '24 M3P. This is the best Tesla IMHO. That suspension, whatever they're doing, spread it across the entire lineup.

-ThinkMac-
Great writeup, please post those canyon comparisons!
Chrome delete kit is definitely imminent based off these comments.
where is this manual?
Found in your Tesla app, main page, under "Documents". Easy to not notice it considering it's right below the one thing you actually care about (EDD)

Took delivery of my M3P and absolutely in love with it. I upgraded from a standard M3 that i drove since 2021. The sound system is amazing! It’s noticeably better. I did a few pulls today and it seems to lose traction at first of course and then it picks up and doesn’t want to stop. It’s a bit indescribable. I gotta get used to the power one day at a time for now haha. I’ve only driven it in the sport suspension + Insane mode. I don’t plan on switching it to any of the other modes tbh. It’s super quiet. The seats hug you well and can be a little uncomfortable sometimes but that’s expected. I’m 6’0 180lbs (for context). No complaints from me! You’ll all love it! The wait was worth it.