Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep something insane like 48% of the orders have been Stealth Grey. They are going to be EVERYWHERE in that color
It's one thing if SG was free for one of the models, but that 48% is just for this m3p. It's also the free color for ALL of the other Tesla models, so stealth grey is going to be everywhere, esp with all the model Y's Tesla is trying to clear.

One of my friends and one of my coworkers ordered a model Y because of the 0.99 finance promo, and they both got it in SG. It was after this point I decided that I'm going to get mine wrapped in a different color. Lol

It's one thing if SG was free for one of the models, but that 48% is just for this m3p. It's also the free color for ALL of the other Tesla models, so stealth grey is going to be everywhere, esp with all the model Y's Tesla is trying to clear.

One of my friends and one of my coworkers ordered a model Y because of the 0.99 finance promo, and they both got it in SG. It was after this point I decided that I'm going to get mine wrapped in a different color. Lol
Because it's 'Stealth' Grey, no one will notice that there are so many . . . .

I love my blue 2021 LR and still think it's my favorite color but just wanted the M3P to feel like a new car so went with SG as I liked it second best at least on the configurator. The red is nice and I've had red cars before but liked the sporty yet sleeper look of the SG. However I don't like that it's just going to blend right in with half the other Teslas on the road. Good for avoiding tickets I guess. In the end I think all the colors look nice.

I did. West Palm and have been working with my SA for 4 years.
Thanks. I sent mine this message this morning. Hopefully they can update me on what is going on but the last time I sent a message, they gave the bare minimum information to answer my question (just replied with the delivery location). I'll update with the reply (hopefully) later. I'd just like some info because this is the first time I've ordered: last time was an inventory pick-up.

1716992142745.png

Yes- 4/23 at about 12:11 p.m.
When I look at the tracking sheet, the basic pattern I see is that almost every initial order date prior to 4/23 has a VIN (these were the switches from SR/LR).
And 4/23 looks like it's on the way towards filling out with VINs.
My order date is 4/25, so I'm hoping to join the VIN club in another couple of weeks.

I realize that there's a lot of conditions/variables in getting to a build and VIN, such as what batches are being built, where the cars are being shipped, etc.
But by and large, it would seem to me that the rest of the 4/23 group will get built/VIN within the next week or two.

Reactions: Sandee3
I love my blue 2021 LR and still think it's my favorite color but just wanted the M3P to feel like a new car so went with SG as I liked it second best at least on the configurator. The red is nice and I've had red cars before but liked the sporty yet sleeper look of the SG. However I don't like that it's just going to blend right in with half the other Teslas on the road. Good for avoiding tickets I guess. In the end I think all the colors look nice.
I love stealth grey too. I was actually set on keeping it when I first ordered. But I also knew I was going to put a PPF clear bra on it as well as get it ceramic coated. This would have already put me in the 2k range for these. And after learning that one of the wrap shops near me was offering a full vehicle wrap for 2.4k, I figure for $400 more I could get an entirely unique color and some protection on it. Now the only thing I'm driving myself crazy on is the color. 😂

Are you the one and only P-Lo? Wrapping is a must then. Maybe in gold chrome to match your grill.

• Funny
Reactions: P-Lo801
I love stealth grey too. I was actually set on keeping it when I first ordered. But I also knew I was going to put a PPF clear bra on it as well as get it ceramic coated. This would have already put me in the 2k range for these. And after learning that one of the wrap shops near me was offering a full vehicle wrap for 2.4k, I figure for $400 more I could get an entirely unique color and some protection on it. Now the only thing I'm driving myself crazy on is the color. 😂
I don't have any experience with PPF, ceramic, etc. If my car will be leased is there an issue with these? The primary benefits are protection from scratching/chips and easier to maintain, correct?

My EDD window still narrowing, now May 28 - June 7. Not pushed yet!
My EDD is now May 29 to June 7. It flips the start date to the current day every day at 7am PST.

It’s gonna be inside a week with no VIN by Friday. My SA does not respond to my messages in app, which makes me wonder if he still works there.

As other folks mentioned, I assume there is a soft VIN or something already allocated that I can’t see. I probably need to go hound someone at the delivery center to explain what is going on. It’s frustrating how poorly informed most of them are.

Well I'm officially in my EDD window now with no VIN and an empty gas tank trying to figure out how much gas to buy for hopefully my last gas fill ever...

(Seriously, we've been driving my wife's y so frequently that I was a bit confused trying to remember how to use the pump. It's been probably two and a half months. Forgot to pick credit first, forgot to pick the grade of fuel, forgot how annoying the delay is between picking the fuel and waiting for it to actually turn on... How do people fight to keep having to do this?)
Because people don't understand. I talked to a couple of ladies the other day that were ripping on Teslas and when I spoke up, their main gripe was that I couldn't go up mountains and then get home. Their exact question was, "If you go up to the pass, how do you get home?" I had to ask them to clarify their question multiple times because I didn't understand it. First of all, for context, "the pass" is 30 miles from me. Second, they thought that going up to the pass would deplete my battery. Third, they didn't think there were chargers up in the mountains (which there are in multiple locations). People are just completely ignorant, many times willingly so.

I don't have any experience with PPF, ceramic, etc. If my car will be leased is there an issue with these? The primary benefits are protection from scratching/chips and easier to maintain, correct?
That's correct. If you recall the leather bras used on the front end of cars back in the day, it's the same concept. But this time with clear protective film, similar to what was used on phone screens and laptops as well.

I'm not sure it has any effect on a lease. But imo, if I'm leasing, I wouldn't get it.