Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Especially when considering that most of the vehicles on this list are at least $100K. I think the M3, M5 and Plaid might be the only others below $100K, and none are below $75K. That's absolutely insane performance-to-price ratio. It might just be the best value vehicle ever made, especially if it handles a track anywhere close to as well as an M3.
Truly insane value.
I know we all get worked up over EDD's and people ordering before us/after us.
It's just cuz we all love this car and want to have it in our hands ASAP.

Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
No doubt Ultra Red is a beautiful color BUT it is also a cop magnet. Cutting in and out of traffic and occasionally doing pulls, you will stick out like a sore thumb and asking for trouble.
Not really tbh. Half the time cops don’t see you as much as hear the engine noise spewing out db like a concert lol. Thats what alerts them.

I used to own a 2018 MCRed MS 100D and the number of times I went by undercover cops at over speed limit and literally ignored was astounding.

Anecdotal instances:

Back then I once ran with a Bimmer 535d from light to light only. I pulled ahead quite easily and got to 100kph before braking. (No cars in front, 3 lane road). The black Bimmer was slower, behind me and he got pulled over. Loud engine.

Second time I was driving at 90kph in 60 zone to overtake a van going 50…I passed a cop sitting undercover on the side while overtaking and the car overtaking right behind me was a loud mustang. Again, he gets pulled and I’m gone. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I’ve got 10 more over the 4 yrs of zero tickets and zero pull overs for a red car.

I truly suspect if they can’t hear you, they don’t even look up to glance.

OK, here is something I'm curious about before I get my car. Someone already tested the 1/4 mile in "Standard" vs "Insane" mode and got 11.8 vs 11.0s. So my question is, is it OK to drive around all the time in insane mode or is that going to reduce the life of the battery because you are always using range to heat the battery? I've heard a couple people recommend using "Standard" mode for daily driving but you're not going to be ready if you get "challenged": you'll lose to an old Model 3 LR with AB. I have never liked gimmick modes where you have to manually press a "boost" button or change modes to get the most out of the car. In that sense the old M3P was better for impromptu pulls because it was always "ready". I hope maybe they'll add a "sport" mode that at least doesn't hold power back like "Standard".

OK, here is something I'm curious about before I get my car. Someone already tested the 1/4 mile in "Standard" vs "Insane" mode and got 11.8 vs 11.0s. So my question is, is it OK to drive around all the time in insane mode or is that going to reduce the life of the battery because you are always using range to heat the battery? I've heard a couple people recommend using "Standard" mode for daily driving but you're not going to be ready if you get "challenged": you'll lose to an old Model 3 LR with AB. I have never liked gimmick modes where you have to manually press a "boost" button or change modes to get the most out of the car. In that sense the old M3P was better for impromptu pulls because it was always "ready". I hope maybe they'll add a "sport" mode that at least doesn't hold power back like "Standard".
lol I drive my MSLR in insane always! Haha

“…but you're not going to be ready if you get "challenged”

What kind of streets do you drive on ? Did you just finish watching “Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga ?”

lol I drive my MSLR in insane always! Haha
Same with our MXLR. Have only changed it to "chill" mode when transporting stuff as cargo that was fragile, or food/beverages that could potentially spill. Otherwise, it's on insane mode by default. It's not the mode that matters, but rather how you use it (aka how heavy your foot is). lol

No doubt Ultra Red is a beautiful color BUT it is also a cop magnet. Cutting in and out of traffic and occasionally doing pulls, you will stick out like a sore thumb and asking for trouble.
When I brought my previous white model 3 performance in for service they gave me a base model 3 in red as a rental. Got pulled over that same day, red just stands out way too much.

As low as $45,490 for many of us! Actually, if that insane Oregon tax credit mentioned above is true, then for as low as $37,990 there! Imagine the idea of an M3 killer that's in some ways better than an M3 that can do sub-3 0-60, sub-11 quarter, nearly Mercedes-level sound dampening, one of the best stock sound systems ever made, and that could quite literally drive itself within the next 1-3 years (and if we're truly lucky, make money doing it), all for less than $50K all-in. Bargain of the century.
$40,490 in CO

Just got a message in the Tesla app that says, "We are now just starting to see customers being matched to VINS for the performance Model 3 as of today. Within the next week or so you should see a VIN number matched to your order."

This is why I don't trust Tesla employees when it comes to delivery information. Obviously, people have been getting VINs for a while now, and have already been getting their cars.

When I brought my previous white model 3 performance in for service they gave me a base model 3 in red as a rental. Got pulled over that same day, red just stands out way too much.
It’s probably anything that gets attention whether that be noise or a standout color. If you’re just cruising fast on the highway at a static speed noise from a ICE won’t be much different than any other ICE car.

quick little update... got my edd2 of july 5 - aug 9...fairytales lol

i anticipate my delivery to take place before end of q2 (late june), but i actually wouldn't mind if it goes beyond that as i'm trying to raise my credit to 825+ lol. tbh, even farther down if i can get a 2025 model year. glad to see others taking delivery and loving the car!

5/17 order
rn12172
sg/black
norcal

i'm selling my 2020 performance in msm/black. may have a local buyer lined up. otherwise, it's going on cars and bids.

quick little update... got my edd2 of july 5 - aug 9...fairytales lol

i anticipate my delivery to take place before end of q2 (late june), but i actually wouldn't mind if it goes beyond that as i'm trying to raise my credit to 825+ lol. tbh, even farther down if i can get a 2025 model year. glad to see others taking delivery and loving the car!

5/17 order
rn12172
sg/black
norcal

i'm selling my 2020 performance in msm/black. may have a local buyer lined up. otherwise, it's going on cars and bids.
I thought the new M3Ps were considered 2025s.

• Disagree
Reactions: scrapps
Just got a message in the Tesla app that says, "We are now just starting to see customers being matched to VINS for the performance Model 3 as of today. Within the next week or so you should see a VIN number matched to your order."

This is why I don't trust Tesla employees when it comes to delivery information. Obviously, people have been getting VINs for a while now, and have already been getting their cars.
If they mean for the context of PNW, then that would be good news! Otherwise, yeah..

• Love
Reactions: arkhos and xianking